PepsiCo RSR Route Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PepsiCo RSR Route Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Called in with a large group for informational session about company and job. Question and answers followed presentation. After Q & A individual interviews took place, with very basic STAR formatted questions. Also took copies of DMV records & Driver's license prior to interviews. (by doing this they are bypassing age discrimination laws! It is quite obvious they are looking for young people to fill these positions) I have extensive experience in the retail/DSD space & am quite sure I was passes due to my age!
Just wish I would have not wasted my time with this process as they had no intentions of giving me a shot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were unable to complete an assignment?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carol Stream, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Carol Stream, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview went really well, I had a quick screening interview with one district manager & then a 2 person panel interview with 2 other district managers. Interview was really relaxed & laid back, I just acted myself, I told them about how I have provided great service to my customer's. As soon as i left building to get in my car I was contacted by yet another manager saying I passed both interviews & will be moving forward with the next step which is riding along with another RSR for job shadowing. I finished that on Sat 11/12/16, Ride along went great & now I'm just waiting for back round test to be done as the 3rd party company who does it for them can be a pita to work with. I look forward to being called back with an offer & job start date!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Lawrenceville, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I went online to apply. Apparently I passed the online assessment because within 24 hours I received an email for an information session followed by an interview the same day. I'm still waiting for information regarding the next step which he said would be a meeting with his manager. After that I would interview with another manager. Then the ride along and background check and then a final interview.

Interview Questions

• During the initial interview he just asked about my previous experience in sales (which you must have, although route sales experience is not required). He asked if I was fine working holidays and weekends. If I was fine working 55+ hours/week. If I was comfortable lifting 50 pounds. Simple questions, really just telling me about the requirements of the job and seeing if I was aware of them and able to comply.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I had a very positive Interview experience since the day it started. I went into an info session which basically is an introduction do the job duties, pay and more info on the company itself. Then I had a phone interview followed by setting up an in person group panel interview. They made me feel comfortable throughout the entire process. They read off a script in STAR format. Be very detailed when you answer the questions, I would try to paint a vivid picture. Other than now I wait to see if they want to move forward with me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PepsiCo (La Mirada, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Went to a Route Sales Representative Information Session. Interview to come. Once i get to interview process ill update this Review So Far Very interested on how they conduct sales and market towards big store and to smaller mom and pop shops. The Explained a bit of the pay plan it was very interesting on how it built up. Another thing is how everyone drives a truck and has to get dot, Also they do a Trial Before job offering on what you will be doing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cordova, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Cordova, TN).

Interview

I put in for this job and other jobs with this company for over 10 years more than qualified than any person in the position was called in for an interview interview went great was told I get a email in the next week never day and still haven't got an email but while checking my portal they have declined to offer me a job but said that I Great and had great accomplishments but we're going to closely hire somebody didn't get the job. This is been the biggest waste of time I will never put in for this company again very disappointed in the company when they hire managers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Winchester, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Online test. Was contacted for phone interview. Had to go through an automated machine that forced me to set the "first available appointment" which was almost 3 full weeks in the future. I thought that was very odd, but set the appointment for 9AM today. Rearranged my schedule so that I was available at that time. 9AM came, 9:15 came, 9:30 came - 10AM came. Not only did I not get a phone call, I didn't get an e-mail or any explanation - or apology - just nothing. What an absolutely HORRIBLE way to run a company. From reading the rest of the reviews, I guess this is par for the course for Frito-Lay/Pepsico. Leaves a really horrible impression of the company and you can bet I'll switch brands from now on. So not only did they lose the opportunity to have a great employee, they also lost my business, my family's business and you can bet I will share this experience with everyone each time their name or products comes up. Pepsico - here's some free advice: ETHICAL COMPANIES only schedule the amount of interviews that the local representative can actually accommodate. If an outstanding candidate is found early in the process, then the VERY LEAST you can do is to notify the other candidates that their interviews have been cancelled. Quit hiding behind an automated system. There are REAL people out here and your inability to run your hiring process ethically has REAL consequences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Louisville, KY).

Interview

It was ridiculous I went to 4 interviews a full unpaid day with the route driver and 170 mile round trip to the home office so the girl could go over the company web site, you're not all that and a bag of potato chips? I almost lost my current job jacking with these people, and in the end, yea I didn't get it and I know I was very qualified for it!

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work weekends?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Took extensive online test/screen,conducted successful phone screen. DMs stated they didn't know how many positions were open & they were just there because they were available, Was informed I would hear within 2 weeks. Still have heard nothing. I am very confident I was passed on because of my age, as I have a wealth of experience and am probably better off not getting the position for the peanuts they were paying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Westchester, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process took forever to hear from them and to schedule said interview. When it was time for the interview I was made to wait excessive time for the interview to be held. It is now months later and I still haven't heard from them if I got the job or not. Safe to assume the answer is not.

Interview Questions

• The asked for I time when I was most proud of my work.   1 Answer