PepsiCo Route Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PepsiCo Route Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2016

2.4

Route Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Whatever you do, ware business type cloths. just because its a grunt position, you still have to dress to impress if you what this job, that's what I did,

Interview Questions

• It doesn't matter they go by what see not by how good you are. I know its base, but they do sorry. Just be truthful and sell yourself. Food for thought they want someone that going to bend over backwards for them, so if you have to be at church on Sunday, then that is a no go or any holiday for that matter.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Bradenton, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Asked general questions with no direct correlation to the job or labor. Interviewers were unorganized and appeared desperate for help. Talked-about long hours but how they train well and personally support you. Strict dress code but cheap as far as providing shirts, and employees on sight didn't dress to demanded expectations.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had conflicting priorities which did you pick and why   Answer Question

Negotiation

None pay is not negotiable

Route Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Apply online, if selected will get interview call, if passed in interview, job begins immediately, training is provided. They need more people with selling skills, good communication, good driving records and no drug use. Interview is very friendly and open environment, no pressure. No prior experience in sales or route sales required. Training is promised and is given for weeks, or until trained to spec.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pre-negotiated offer, the job posting explained it all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (State College, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied via my university and received an e-mail to complete an hour long assessment. Afterwards, was brought in for an interview. Pretty standard, behavioral questions. Be prepared to know why you want to work for Pepsi and what experience and skills you have that will relate well to a sales role. Also why you want to work in sales. Then contacted for a sales route time to shadow a current sales associate.

Interview Questions

• A time when you set a goal and failed.
      Five part ending question - A time when you needed to reach a goal, how did you do it, what challenges did you face, etc.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Nashville, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

Started an application for Frito lay about a couple months ago and received a call about a month later to set up an interview. Had to fill out some paperwork and had the first of two interviews. Interview was very smooth and comfortable, nothing out of the ordinary. About a week later was emailed to receive second interview with larger and smaller district managers. Again interview was very smooth and comfortable. Set up ride along a week later with a very seasoned guy and he gave me all the ins and outs. Returned to the DC and was given an offer and took my drug test that day. Their drug test isn't the usual urine test. They use hair samples because it is more accurate and can go back about 6 months or so. Start in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why Frito?
      What would you do/how did you handle?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. Base pay at a guaranteed $695 a week.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Greenville, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

Long online application process (1-2 hours). Then a quick call to do a group interview with several applicants that includes watching a video to make the job and the company look awesome. After the movie it was a private interview in their office.

A few days later they will schedule a ride-along with another employee. They discourage you from helping and tell you to just observe but the employee writes a critique so helping will guarantee a good critique.

If all goes well they will call you in for an interview with upper management. After that you will be given and offer or turned down.

Two month long process.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with working 50+ hours a week?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, and they won't have one. Unless you have a degree and they are offering you a potential management job in the future they won't consider any negotiations. If you have a degree though and they ask you to work as a RSR a bit before they promote you seriously turn them down. It's a false promise and a waste of time.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Columbus, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

Two phase interview process.

Interview Questions

• What's your long-term goal?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No nego.

Anonymous Employee in Potsdam, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Potsdam, NY).

Interview

The hiring process took 4 weeks because of a hiring freeze. The interview wasn't very long, questions just pertained to previous work history.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any. Set amount of pay for Route Sales associates. Nothing was negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Lorton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Lorton, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

You will meet up in a group information session and they will try to weed out people by mentioning about people with drug or traffic violation history several times. They will talk about all the great benefits. Then you will be set up for a ride along with an experienced RSR. You will then take a drug test, not the typical urine test but a hair sample right off of your body. Finally you will have an interview with a recruiter, business development manager, and the district manager.

Interview Questions

• If you look out of shape, look too old, you will won't make it. The questions are very generic and very easy if you ever been to an interview. Just relate the answers from previous experiences at a job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they will tell you that you will start at $45k, but that is including the benefits they pay most of. You will actually make $39k not including over time which is actually 0.5/hr not 1.5/hr which is the standard rate.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

Once you are through the application process, you are contacted by a human resources employee for an interview. It took about 20 minutes and it was just your basic interview questions about past experiences, but also a short role play where you are to sell a product to the interviewer.
    I heard back about two weeks later and was scheduled for an interview with the two District Managers that I would be working directly for. Also, very easy and laid back, just standard questions about past challenges and what not. It lasted about an hour. Called back a week later to offer job and to go take a physical and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stands out, but be prepared to sell a product in a role playing scenario.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You take it or leave it