PepsiCo Route Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2017

3.1

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Webster, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Webster, TX).

Interview

Dsl call me it explained job to me a few questions just normal talk about me what i liked and previous job i had Dsl showed me pay scales ben.package good interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Columbia, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

Very hard place to get a job at. Was even told that chances of interviewers getting into PepsiCo. Been to 3 interviews and was told " thought your qualifications are very impressive we decided to go with another candidate" ridiculous!!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Salinas, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The phone screen process is the dumbest thing I've ever had to do. You answer a series of questions on a recorded line. The questions aren't something you can prepare for. I would much rather talk to a real person rather than leave a 10 min voicemail answering questions. It's unrealistic and there's no point to it. It's MUCH more than just a "phone screen" it's a real interview with a voicemail machine. I guess we'll see how I did in a few days

Interview Questions

• What previous positions were you involved in that you had to work independently?   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was about 45 min and very informative and they seem to be very honest about the job and what to expect. Had about 6 questions that they had asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronson, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Bronson, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Got 3 phones calls explains the process
    N when I got there there were other people waiting for the same job, n asked the typical tell me about a situation, which I failed at!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Tampa, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Timely online test - be prepared to be exhausted by the amount of questions thrown at you, informational meeting to describe position and salary which is used apparently to weed out applicants by information overload and promises of overworking and no home life, same day first interview to be offered to route ride and work with a driver to rotate his stress dated product due to overselling accounts to make plan and then not to get paid for the whole day, second interview scheduled if interested. offer of job.What was I thinking...that's right I turned it down. 3 a.m. start times and staggered days off. I should be in management there to reorganize the system and advocate for the guys working for frito-lay's profit margin and budget. They forgot about work life balance for them

Route Sales Representatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via phone call after setting it up via their website and signing up for a specific time. On the call I was asked a series of questions associated with the job and if i would be able to complete certain responsibilities. It only took about 5 minutes and the questions were mostly focused around the job responsibilities and if you are able to do them.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to work between the hours of 2am and 7pm?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aston, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Aston, PA).

Interview

You were interviewed the day you applied for the job by all 5 District Managers who worked at that particular plant and then you were notified later if you would be getting a second interview. At that point you can pretty much tell if you have a chance or not. The Managers are very down to earth people most appear to be just out of college. Everyone at Frito Lay must start at the bottom and learn the basics of Route Sales and delivery.

Interview Questions

• If you just arrived home after a long day at work and you were contacted by a fellow employee who had an issue and asked for your help solving it which required you to drive to the location and spend a few hours helping that individual dove his/her problem what would you do
      A) Tell them to call the District Man.ager for help
      B) Tell them no you are too tired.
      C) Tell them that you would do your best to help and would be there shortly.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lorton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Lorton, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Let me start by saying that this is a long process. From the moment I applied online it took a little over 2 months for me to actually start. It started as an online application, then a scheduled phone interview which was essentially reviewing your resume and relating it to the job you are applying for, then there was an in person interview with the sales coordinator and market leader. My interview was 1:1 but I've read that others have had group panel interviews. I was offered a position and sent for a DOT physical and urine screening (others reported hair follicle test). Each interview was roughly 20 minutes and was very professional and straight forward. There were roughly 6-7 simple questions in all and a good part of both interviews were spent trying to talk you out of the job (early mornings, lots of bending and lifting etc.) because the training seems lengthy and expensive for someone who isn't going to work out.

I did make an observation that most RSRs at this location appear to be between 24-35, male, and in fairly decent shape.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you have had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • If you have multiple tasks and there is not enough time to complete all of them, how do you determine what to do first?   Answer Question
    • Be ready to explain about your prior work experience and how it is relevant to the position you are applying for   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable flat rate weekly salary during the first 6-9 months then full commisioned

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Sylmar, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

First you take an online test. Then you're emailed an invitation to an info session which is basically a waste of time. The information you're given can be described to you in the interview. Why even have this step, especially since most people have jobs and need to take time off work to attend this unnecessary session. You're then given a phone interview which is very easy; you're basically asked if the pay and benefits are ok with you. Then you schedule a panel interview that's very impersonal; they read off a list of questions. I really don't like this type of interview because it really gives you the sense that the people who run this business are just robots with can't think for themselves that they have to read off a script. Then, if you pass the interview, they call you to schedule a ride along with an experienced rep. If you don't pass, they email you. Unnecessarily long process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond to satisfy a client. Be very detailed.   1 Answer