PepsiCo Route Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PepsiCo Route Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at PepsiCo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Midland, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who is an RSR for Frito, so I filled out the application online. About a week later, I got a phone call to come in for an interview. I met 1 on 1 with the D.M(Tuesday), Had some very basic, generic questions, this took about 30 minutes. He had me fill out a Background check authorization and an authorization to go on a route ride which was scheduled for 2 days later. I went back for the route ride(Thursday) which lasted from 4A.M to 3p.m. The D.M then asked me if was still interested and said that he would run the background check and call me for a final structured interview. Got a phone call the following Monday to come in for a final interview. Went for the final interview(Wednesday) with the D.M and the H.R manager. 5 questions, each was 3 parts regarding my past experiences and how I handled situations, not rocket science. I was then told for the third time that they were going to run my background check and my MVR and call me when they had a final decision. After I heard nothing, I called the next Wednesday and spoke to the D.M and he informed me that I did not pass the MVR check. I asked what they found and he said that because of 3 seatbelt tickets(yeah, thats right, SEATBELT TICKETS, that I had in the last 3 years, they could not hire me. So,after all of this B.S that they made me go through, I ended up not even being eligible to be hired. Would'nt have had this problem if they had just ran the MVR after the first interview like they said they would do! The moral of this story is that this company is extremely strict regarding your driving record, not just about moving violations, but also stop sign, seatbelt tickets or any other nonsense that nobody else cares about. Also, this is the longest, most inefficient interview process I have ever been a part of. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when your first choice for solving a problem was unsuccessful and you had to come up with a backup plan.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Salinas, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The phone screen process is the dumbest thing I've ever had to do. You answer a series of questions on a recorded line. The questions aren't something you can prepare for. I would much rather talk to a real person rather than leave a 10 min voicemail answering questions. It's unrealistic and there's no point to it. It's MUCH more than just a "phone screen" it's a real interview with a voicemail machine. I guess we'll see how I did in a few days

Interview Questions

• What previous positions were you involved in that you had to work independently?   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was about 45 min and very informative and they seem to be very honest about the job and what to expect. Had about 6 questions that they had asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Columbia, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

Very hard place to get a job at. Was even told that chances of interviewers getting into PepsiCo. Been to 3 interviews and was told " thought your qualifications are very impressive we decided to go with another candidate" ridiculous!!!!

Anonymous Employee in Webster, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Webster, TX).

Interview

Dsl call me it explained job to me a few questions just normal talk about me what i liked and previous job i had Dsl showed me pay scales ben.package good interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Detroit, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

What do you have that is unique, makes you stand out, that would be worth hiring? Sometimes it can be a group interview. How would you handle large clients?
    Average questions & role play.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Sylmar, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

First you take an online test. Then you're emailed an invitation to an info session which is basically a waste of time. The information you're given can be described to you in the interview. Why even have this step, especially since most people have jobs and need to take time off work to attend this unnecessary session. You're then given a phone interview which is very easy; you're basically asked if the pay and benefits are ok with you. Then you schedule a panel interview that's very impersonal; they read off a list of questions. I really don't like this type of interview because it really gives you the sense that the people who run this business are just robots with can't think for themselves that they have to read off a script. Then, if you pass the interview, they call you to schedule a ride along with an experienced rep. If you don't pass, they email you. Unnecessarily long process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond to satisfy a client. Be very detailed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lorton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Lorton, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Let me start by saying that this is a long process. From the moment I applied online it took a little over 2 months for me to actually start. It started as an online application, then a scheduled phone interview which was essentially reviewing your resume and relating it to the job you are applying for, then there was an in person interview with the sales coordinator and market leader. My interview was 1:1 but I've read that others have had group panel interviews. I was offered a position and sent for a DOT physical and urine screening (others reported hair follicle test). Each interview was roughly 20 minutes and was very professional and straight forward. There were roughly 6-7 simple questions in all and a good part of both interviews were spent trying to talk you out of the job (early mornings, lots of bending and lifting etc.) because the training seems lengthy and expensive for someone who isn't going to work out.

I did make an observation that most RSRs at this location appear to be between 24-35, male, and in fairly decent shape.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you have had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • If you have multiple tasks and there is not enough time to complete all of them, how do you determine what to do first?   Answer Question
    • Be ready to explain about your prior work experience and how it is relevant to the position you are applying for   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable flat rate weekly salary during the first 6-9 months then full commisioned

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Augusta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

For me to actually get an interview, it really took a long time. But once they started the process it was pretty smooth. First phase was more like an informational type session with 10 or more people. Afterwards we split up into individual interviews. They don't specify but please wear a suit. Stand out and also be yourself. I interviewed with three managers that day and got my ride along scheduled as well. The ride along was great as well. The rep was very nice and informative. We started at 3 and got done about 1. During this phase please help out and ASK TONS OF QUESTIONS! When we got back the manager asked about my experience and I informed him that I was ready to move forward. Background was cleared, drug test was cleared, and now my start date is less than 3 days away. Great overall experience. Just make sure your job history is accurate for DOT.

Interview Questions

• Why Fritos lay?
      Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer?
      Name a time where you presented great customer service?

Questions were very simple.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Sacramento, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview took 5 hours total time. Not all 5 hours you are being interviewed. It felt like bulk interview. All the candidates are in a room and they give us a presentation on the company then people asked questions and then they took you in a few at a time to do a separate one on one interview or a panel interview. If you pass the first round (panel or one on one) you get to do the second interview which is opposite of the first round...aka if you had panel the first round you will have the one on one the second round.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions were asked. If you prepare for your interview it shouldnt be that difficult   Answer Question