PepsiCo Route Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 1, 2017

3.3

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Salinas, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The phone screen process is the dumbest thing I've ever had to do. You answer a series of questions on a recorded line. The questions aren't something you can prepare for. I would much rather talk to a real person rather than leave a 10 min voicemail answering questions. It's unrealistic and there's no point to it. It's MUCH more than just a "phone screen" it's a real interview with a voicemail machine. I guess we'll see how I did in a few days

Interview Questions

• What previous positions were you involved in that you had to work independently?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Columbia, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

Very hard place to get a job at. Was even told that chances of interviewers getting into PepsiCo. Been to 3 interviews and was told " thought your qualifications are very impressive we decided to go with another candidate" ridiculous!!!!

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was about 45 min and very informative and they seem to be very honest about the job and what to expect. Had about 6 questions that they had asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronson, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Bronson, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Got 3 phones calls explains the process
    N when I got there there were other people waiting for the same job, n asked the typical tell me about a situation, which I failed at!

Route Sales Representatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via phone call after setting it up via their website and signing up for a specific time. On the call I was asked a series of questions associated with the job and if i would be able to complete certain responsibilities. It only took about 5 minutes and the questions were mostly focused around the job responsibilities and if you are able to do them.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to work between the hours of 2am and 7pm?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Sylmar, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

First you take an online test. Then you're emailed an invitation to an info session which is basically a waste of time. The information you're given can be described to you in the interview. Why even have this step, especially since most people have jobs and need to take time off work to attend this unnecessary session. You're then given a phone interview which is very easy; you're basically asked if the pay and benefits are ok with you. Then you schedule a panel interview that's very impersonal; they read off a list of questions. I really don't like this type of interview because it really gives you the sense that the people who run this business are just robots with can't think for themselves that they have to read off a script. Then, if you pass the interview, they call you to schedule a ride along with an experienced rep. If you don't pass, they email you. Unnecessarily long process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond to satisfy a client. Be very detailed.   1 Answer

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Short process. On campus interview, then second interview at one of the division offices. One interview and group sales role play. One day event, got a an email the next week after the interview.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received email to set up prescreen phone interview. Not an interview at all just asked about 4-5 questions to make sure that you can accept the pay, hours, duties of the job. Set up panel interview about a week later. Seemed to be two sales reps not sure either were managers. Lasted about 15mins and they sort of acted like it should of gone quicker than even that. Asked me to tell them about my job exp and they didnt ask any follow ups to that just 2 situational based questions that were kind of vague. Not sure how I would recommend prepping for interview other than make sure your know STAR format but in the end I got the idea that they really didnt care and werent all that interested in getting to know me. Pretty much was like talking to a wall and I assume they had been doing this all day long. But I guess they dont have to search to hard for talent. Got general turn down email next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to get buy in from a customer for a sale   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I attended an on-campus presentation and gave them my resume. They then asked me to apply and complete their online assessment test. After I passed that, I had an interview on my campus. The questions were general frequently asked interview questions. Then I had my ride along and now have my final interview tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't the questions that were difficult or unexpected it was that my interviewer pulled out a 2 page packet of questions that was so unexpected.   1 Answer

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

You pass the drug test and background test you are essentially in. You have multiple interviews, two I believe, with the final being a group interview. It's usually two lower level mangers and a big boss or a lower level manager and two big bosses. No need to be intimidated, just a conversation between a group of people. No one attempts to make you feel small.