PepsiCo Route Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 1, 2017

3.1

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Columbia, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

Very hard place to get a job at. Was even told that chances of interviewers getting into PepsiCo. Been to 3 interviews and was told " thought your qualifications are very impressive we decided to go with another candidate" ridiculous!!!!

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Salinas, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The phone screen process is the dumbest thing I've ever had to do. You answer a series of questions on a recorded line. The questions aren't something you can prepare for. I would much rather talk to a real person rather than leave a 10 min voicemail answering questions. It's unrealistic and there's no point to it. It's MUCH more than just a "phone screen" it's a real interview with a voicemail machine. I guess we'll see how I did in a few days

Interview Questions

• What previous positions were you involved in that you had to work independently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronson, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Bronson, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Got 3 phones calls explains the process
    N when I got there there were other people waiting for the same job, n asked the typical tell me about a situation, which I failed at!

Anonymous Employee in North Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (North Las Vegas, NV) in October 2013.

Interview

A month long process: pre-screen, phone interview, group interview, drug and background check and if everything comes back clear then an offer letter. One goes to the employers specific hiring website and answer 25 questions to help determine if your are a candidate I or candidate II. Based on your answers, it will determine specific understanding for the basic duties of the job. There is at least two face to face group interviews and its very time consuming. On the day in question; it could take two hours.

Interview Questions

• If you have conflicting priorities, how do you determine your top priorities?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Conway, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Conway, SC) in February 2012.

Interview

Lots of situational questions, e.g. Name a time when you showed exceptional customer service or a time when you made a great sale. Need to be comfortable talking about yourself. Also be prepared for two to three interviews and two uncompensated full day ride a longs with current sales reps. When interviewing it pays dress business casual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I attended an on-campus presentation and gave them my resume. They then asked me to apply and complete their online assessment test. After I passed that, I had an interview on my campus. The questions were general frequently asked interview questions. Then I had my ride along and now have my final interview tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't the questions that were difficult or unexpected it was that my interviewer pulled out a 2 page packet of questions that was so unexpected.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Raleigh, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

The hiring process begin by taking a lengthy online assessment. Questions ranged from what type of employee would you be if hired, to integrity type questions as what you would do in unethical situations. Also you have to take a math test with fractions, basic math questions and figures. I was then contacted by a Driver manager. It was stressed that the hours would be long and tedious and there would be holiday work to which i indicated was no issue. i was then told i would have to do a voluntary route ride, to see if i wanted to still pursue. i did the route ride on a saturday got there at 5am and done at after 3 pm, Temperatures inside the truck, which was in horrible condition reached 104 degrees, no wiper blades,and a hole in exhaust pipe made it a very loud and uncomfortable ride but the driver was very helpful and answered all my questions. i still decided to pursue because the beginning and potential salary was very enticing. he showed me his commission statement in which he had made 1300 the previous week. i was still interested and called in for an interview that tuesday. met with 6 regional hiring managers who again asked questions about my current job and ethics questions. i felt i had a good interview but received a letter in the mail 3 days later saying they wanted someone with more route sales experience

Interview Questions

• How I handled a situation that put me in an awkward or conflicting position   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in November 2009.

Interview

Situational questions.... Name a time when you dealt with an unhappy customer. How did you handle the situation?..... A time when you disagreed with your superior.....etc. (Google situational interview questions... This will prepare you)

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness? This is a trap question. Have an answer prepared that doesn't diminish your qualities   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. You will be paid the set rate by the company. All reps are paid the same regardless of seniority. The only benefit to seniority is the ability to choose a more desirable route based on either money, hours, or days off.

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Toledo, OH) in January 2008.

Interview

long 3 step process. will take months to hear back

Negotiation

none

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was about 45 min and very informative and they seem to be very honest about the job and what to expect. Had about 6 questions that they had asked.