PepsiCo Route Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PepsiCo Route Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronson, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Bronson, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Got 3 phones calls explains the process
N when I got there there were other people waiting for the same job, n asked the typical tell me about a situation, which I failed at!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Employee in North Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (North Las Vegas, NV) in October 2013.

Interview

A month long process: pre-screen, phone interview, group interview, drug and background check and if everything comes back clear then an offer letter. One goes to the employers specific hiring website and answer 25 questions to help determine if your are a candidate I or candidate II. Based on your answers, it will determine specific understanding for the basic duties of the job. There is at least two face to face group interviews and its very time consuming. On the day in question; it could take two hours.

Interview Questions

• If you have conflicting priorities, how do you determine your top priorities?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Conway, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Conway, SC) in February 2012.

Interview

Lots of situational questions, e.g. Name a time when you showed exceptional customer service or a time when you made a great sale. Need to be comfortable talking about yourself. Also be prepared for two to three interviews and two uncompensated full day ride a longs with current sales reps. When interviewing it pays dress business casual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I attended an on-campus presentation and gave them my resume. They then asked me to apply and complete their online assessment test. After I passed that, I had an interview on my campus. The questions were general frequently asked interview questions. Then I had my ride along and now have my final interview tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't the questions that were difficult or unexpected it was that my interviewer pulled out a 2 page packet of questions that was so unexpected.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Raleigh, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

The hiring process begin by taking a lengthy online assessment. Questions ranged from what type of employee would you be if hired, to integrity type questions as what you would do in unethical situations. Also you have to take a math test with fractions, basic math questions and figures. I was then contacted by a Driver manager. It was stressed that the hours would be long and tedious and there would be holiday work to which i indicated was no issue. i was then told i would have to do a voluntary route ride, to see if i wanted to still pursue. i did the route ride on a saturday got there at 5am and done at after 3 pm, Temperatures inside the truck, which was in horrible condition reached 104 degrees, no wiper blades,and a hole in exhaust pipe made it a very loud and uncomfortable ride but the driver was very helpful and answered all my questions. i still decided to pursue because the beginning and potential salary was very enticing. he showed me his commission statement in which he had made 1300 the previous week. i was still interested and called in for an interview that tuesday. met with 6 regional hiring managers who again asked questions about my current job and ethics questions. i felt i had a good interview but received a letter in the mail 3 days later saying they wanted someone with more route sales experience

Interview Questions

• How I handled a situation that put me in an awkward or conflicting position   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in November 2009.

Interview

Situational questions.... Name a time when you dealt with an unhappy customer. How did you handle the situation?..... A time when you disagreed with your superior.....etc. (Google situational interview questions... This will prepare you)

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness? This is a trap question. Have an answer prepared that doesn't diminish your qualities   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. You will be paid the set rate by the company. All reps are paid the same regardless of seniority. The only benefit to seniority is the ability to choose a more desirable route based on either money, hours, or days off.

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Toledo, OH) in January 2008.

Interview

long 3 step process. will take months to hear back

Negotiation

none

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

began with a pre-screen phone interview, then another interview with the regional manager, and then aptitude testing. The interview wasn't too hard and mainly consisted of behavior/ situational typed questions.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you took initiative in your previous work experience/   Answer Question

Route Sales Representatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via phone call after setting it up via their website and signing up for a specific time. On the call I was asked a series of questions associated with the job and if i would be able to complete certain responsibilities. It only took about 5 minutes and the questions were mostly focused around the job responsibilities and if you are able to do them.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to work between the hours of 2am and 7pm?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aston, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Aston, PA).

Interview

You were interviewed the day you applied for the job by all 5 District Managers who worked at that particular plant and then you were notified later if you would be getting a second interview. At that point you can pretty much tell if you have a chance or not. The Managers are very down to earth people most appear to be just out of college. Everyone at Frito Lay must start at the bottom and learn the basics of Route Sales and delivery.

Interview Questions

• If you just arrived home after a long day at work and you were contacted by a fellow employee who had an issue and asked for your help solving it which required you to drive to the location and spend a few hours helping that individual dove his/her problem what would you do
      A) Tell them to call the District Man.ager for help
      B) Tell them no you are too tired.
      C) Tell them that you would do your best to help and would be there shortly.
      1 Answer