PepsiCo Route Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 1, 2017

3.1

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Route Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Phone screening

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Augusta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

For me to actually get an interview, it really took a long time. But once they started the process it was pretty smooth. First phase was more like an informational type session with 10 or more people. Afterwards we split up into individual interviews. They don't specify but please wear a suit. Stand out and also be yourself. I interviewed with three managers that day and got my ride along scheduled as well. The ride along was great as well. The rep was very nice and informative. We started at 3 and got done about 1. During this phase please help out and ASK TONS OF QUESTIONS! When we got back the manager asked about my experience and I informed him that I was ready to move forward. Background was cleared, drug test was cleared, and now my start date is less than 3 days away. Great overall experience. Just make sure your job history is accurate for DOT.

Interview Questions

• Why Fritos lay?
      Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer?
      Name a time where you presented great customer service?

Questions were very simple.   1 Answer

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

You pass the drug test and background test you are essentially in. You have multiple interviews, two I believe, with the final being a group interview. It's usually two lower level mangers and a big boss or a lower level manager and two big bosses. No need to be intimidated, just a conversation between a group of people. No one attempts to make you feel small.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Applied online and was called a few days later. FIrst was a screening interview, followed by a day in the field with a sales rep, then two more interviews. All the interviews were basic straight forward. No question were very difficult.

Anonymous Employee in Lorton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Lorton, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Let me start by saying that this is a long process. From the moment I applied online it took a little over 2 months for me to actually start. It started as an online application, then a scheduled phone interview which was essentially reviewing your resume and relating it to the job you are applying for, then there was an in person interview with the sales coordinator and market leader. My interview was 1:1 but I've read that others have had group panel interviews. I was offered a position and sent for a DOT physical and urine screening (others reported hair follicle test). Each interview was roughly 20 minutes and was very professional and straight forward. There were roughly 6-7 simple questions in all and a good part of both interviews were spent trying to talk you out of the job (early mornings, lots of bending and lifting etc.) because the training seems lengthy and expensive for someone who isn't going to work out.

I did make an observation that most RSRs at this location appear to be between 24-35, male, and in fairly decent shape.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you have had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • If you have multiple tasks and there is not enough time to complete all of them, how do you determine what to do first?   Answer Question
    • Be ready to explain about your prior work experience and how it is relevant to the position you are applying for   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable flat rate weekly salary during the first 6-9 months then full commisioned

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Tampa, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Timely online test - be prepared to be exhausted by the amount of questions thrown at you, informational meeting to describe position and salary which is used apparently to weed out applicants by information overload and promises of overworking and no home life, same day first interview to be offered to route ride and work with a driver to rotate his stress dated product due to overselling accounts to make plan and then not to get paid for the whole day, second interview scheduled if interested. offer of job.What was I thinking...that's right I turned it down. 3 a.m. start times and staggered days off. I should be in management there to reorganize the system and advocate for the guys working for frito-lay's profit margin and budget. They forgot about work life balance for them

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very basic questions about myself. There was 2 interviewer. The Ottawa district manager and HR. They made you feel like you were friends with them. They did not ask anything about the company. The interview itself was very easy. After doing the interview, I was asked to fill out a little skills testing quiz.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PepsiCo in April 2009.

Interview

Applied on website, took a week to get a response. Scheduled interview, came in, no problem. Did a ride along at some point prior to the next interview to make sure I understood the job. Had 2nd interview at Va Beach corp. office. Computer test, company history, sizing for shirts and shorts, scheduled drug test. Took another 2 week,s Then sent to Maryland for training for 1 week.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important skill you have that will help you with this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It is what it is . No negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Midland, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who is an RSR for Frito, so I filled out the application online. About a week later, I got a phone call to come in for an interview. I met 1 on 1 with the D.M(Tuesday), Had some very basic, generic questions, this took about 30 minutes. He had me fill out a Background check authorization and an authorization to go on a route ride which was scheduled for 2 days later. I went back for the route ride(Thursday) which lasted from 4A.M to 3p.m. The D.M then asked me if was still interested and said that he would run the background check and call me for a final structured interview. Got a phone call the following Monday to come in for a final interview. Went for the final interview(Wednesday) with the D.M and the H.R manager. 5 questions, each was 3 parts regarding my past experiences and how I handled situations, not rocket science. I was then told for the third time that they were going to run my background check and my MVR and call me when they had a final decision. After I heard nothing, I called the next Wednesday and spoke to the D.M and he informed me that I did not pass the MVR check. I asked what they found and he said that because of 3 seatbelt tickets(yeah, thats right, SEATBELT TICKETS, that I had in the last 3 years, they could not hire me. So,after all of this B.S that they made me go through, I ended up not even being eligible to be hired. Would'nt have had this problem if they had just ran the MVR after the first interview like they said they would do! The moral of this story is that this company is extremely strict regarding your driving record, not just about moving violations, but also stop sign, seatbelt tickets or any other nonsense that nobody else cares about. Also, this is the longest, most inefficient interview process I have ever been a part of. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when your first choice for solving a problem was unsuccessful and you had to come up with a backup plan.   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in May 2011.

Interview

The interview was behavioral type questions which were somewhat vague. It was an interview with two people. When I asked questions to them at the end they were pretty vague there also. They are looking for someone who is customer service driven because they state that this job can be taught but if you don't have the passion to serve your customer then you are applying for the wrong job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join our company?   1 Answer
    • Explain to me a difficult time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   1 Answer