PepsiCo Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PepsiCo Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at PepsiCo

2.8

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

I met the recruiter in my area at a networking event for my University. Everything seemed to be great - he was very kind, and really pushed for me to apply for the position! A few weeks later after submitting my application, I set up a phone screen interview. This went particularly well, and the woman on the line was very kind and relatable. I was invited in for an in-person interview. This is where things went downhill.

There was another woman who was applying for the same job. I am female as well. The interview board consisted of 5 men. They seemed cocky, and slightly arrogant. They continuously made inside jokes, and just made the situation feel uncomfortable. The interview process was over 5 hours long. It consisted of one-on-one interviews, a sales pitch, a group resume review (which you had to present alongside the other applicant), and then a portion where they taught you more about the company. Once again, the panel of men continued to make me feel uncomfortable because they seemed to act like they were above us. I felt like the interview went well despite the discomfort. I left, and they said they would get back to me within two weeks.

Two weeks passed, I heard nothing. I e-mailed the recruiter and they said they were still interviewing other people and it would be a couple more weeks.

Fast forward 6 WEEKS after my interview, and still, nothing. I then proceeded to receive a mass e-mail sent out to the entire marketing department at my university, FROM THE RECRUITER WHO HAD INTERVIEWED ME, advertising the position I had applied for! He still hadn't responded to my e-mail, or let me know if I didn't get the position.

I e-mailed the recruiter again, asking for an update. I received a very short response saying that they "decided to go with someone else, thanks for coming in" etc.

I completely understand that I may not have been the right fit for that position. After going through the interview process, it didn't even seem like a job that I wanted to do. But after a 5 hour interview, 6+ week process, and constant following-up on my end, I only got a two sentence e-mail? No review or feedback? Not even a phone call? It was ridiculous. I have never felt so disrespected by a company and its employees.

Once again, I understand that I probably wasn't the right fit, BUT I at least expect a little more communication and feedback from such a prominent corporation. Very disappointed, and really changed my perception of what I thought would be a cool company to work for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Allentown, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very informative. Asked questions base on the job and experience . Also asked behavioral questions with certain job environment . Overall they asked questions that were designated for the job

Interview Questions

• What can you do to improve the quality of work with and employee that’s always an issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Waco, TX) in August 2018.

Interview

Phone screen, then in person interview with someone who wasn't even the decision maker, made very little notes, looked stoned, acted like he didn't want to be there. Was told would receive a phone call in a week, they called the next day for second interview went in met with actual interviewer, again acted like he didnt want to be there. No one knew the territory, how many stores, how big, ect... They only pay mileage once you get to the first stop which is 50 miles from the "hiring area." Was offered job, pay sucks, work hours suck, go elsewhere if you have any sales experience at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2018.

Interview

Interviewed on campus and was invited to one of their branches in Jacksonville. Both interviews were very similar in format. Simple personality and situational questions. They were very nice and down to earth people. I was told that I would hear from them within the week, but never got any follow-up about whether I was offered or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you worked on from start to finish?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2018.

Interview

Interviewed on campus after meeting with Pepsi at a school career fair. A couple weeks later, was invited back for another interview via phone in an area I selected as a preferred relocating area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Pontiac, MI) in February 2009.

Interview

The interview was very basic. It did not consist of many scenario based questions. I didn't feel like the interviewer had any interest in what they were doing. They didn't seem very knowledgeable about the training program. I never really got a feel for what the company culture was like. When I left the interview I didn't really care to have the job since many of my questions were unanswered and it seemed like it was more work than the interviewer cared to do.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKeesport, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (McKeesport, PA) in August 2009.

Interview

It was long but very informative. Employer provide excellent information to make sure it was the right fit for me. Employer gave a very detailed description of what the job entaled as well as providing a list of all products and services on what the company sells. Interviewer was very friendly and created a very laid back approach to the interview process.

money

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Asked to walk through my resume. Why do you want to work for Pepsi?
    What was one time you faced a problem at work and how did you solve it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Portland, OR) in April 2012.

Interview

I had been looking online for jobs and seen that there was going to be a job fair for some major companies in my area. I attended the Job Fair and met with a lady from Frito Lay. she looked over my resume and mentioned that because I did not have route experience that they were looking for. She was very nice and Professional.

Interview Questions

• have you had any route sales in the past   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (West Des Moines, IA) in December 2011.

Interview

After submitting my resume online I was contacted by email to self-schedule a phone 'interview'...it was NOT an interview...it was an approx. 5 minute Q&A session asking if applicant could: a. lift b. accept X salary c. work in all kinds of weather d. work long hours. There was zero discussion of work history or abilities. I next received a follow-up email asking me to self-schedule a face-to-face interview...this interview was conducted by two HRmen and consisted of very, very basic interview questions and a mock sales rep/customer role-play scenario in which I was asked to play the part of a sales rep. So far so good. Communication following this interview was completely unprofessional and basically non-existent. Six months later the same position became available and I reapplied...i was contacted the exact same way, explained i had interviewed for same position six months prior and ended up with another face-to-face interview...with the same HRmen...who remembered me and seemed completely surprised I was there. The 'interview' was an uncomfortable 15-20minutes long. It was painfully obvious national HR and local HR have very poor communication and even poorer record keeping. Even though I was assured that I was a top candidate and they just hadn't been able to 'get to me' I felt humiliated. At the close of this second interview I pointedly asked if the position I applied for was open and I was told they were collecting a pool for future opportunities. Honesty would have been greatly appreciated and I would have respected them for that...this was not what I was expecting from a company like Pepsi.