PepsiCo Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PepsiCo Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Dec 16, 2016

2.9

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Very extensive and difficult process. You will have an initial on campus interview then your second round will consist of 5 interviews and a dinner. Try to be as social and professional as possible because you are interviewing for a sales position. You will have a sample sales scenario, a resume review, a case study, and two interviews (interviews are behavioral). Try to be as like-able as possible.

Interview Questions

• Sales Scenario is where most people lose, do your research and try to be as innovative as possible!   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation, they will try to sale you on your ability to move up in 6 months to a year (we'll see)

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I apllied online, responded to an email, then talked on the phone. Then a few days later i had an in person interview then had a panel interview immediately after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Knoxville, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

I met with a couple of their employees at my university fair. I had a great conversation and then went to the meet + greet event they had later on. I made sure to follow up with some of the people I had talked to earlier. I was instructed on how to apply via my school's website. I was accepted for a first interview, and it was very situation based. Tell me about a time that...(ContextActionResult) This was not very bad, but I had built up a rapport with the people who interviewed me earlier. I thought it went great,and then found out I was one 15 people chosen from all over the Mid-Atlantic to move to the next round. We all met at one of the Pepi Facilities, and had a two-day interview process. We went through what a normal day looks like on the job, and had a huge dinner and drinks, they wined and dined us. The next day each person selected for the final round of the interview had 4 separate interviews with different managers across the country. 2 of the interviews were behavioral, and then one was a sales pitch. We were given a scenario the day before, and we had to sell two of the managers a product. The other interview was another sheet we were given a list of a bunch of issues that had gone wrong on the job, and we had to figure out the best way to prioritize the day and explain why. It was a lot of work, and by the end of it everyone was ready to be done.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you took initiative in a group when things went wrong?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

Minimum of 2-3 interviews. Management as well as interviewers are well versed in their position and who they are looking for. Questioning format is based on situations and outcomes to handle.
    Meetings were held on the phone, then in person. The in person was handled professionally and in an office.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had a difficult customer to handle. How did you handle that situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2014.

Interview

Very friendly. Very casual. Interviewer took time to listen to answers and ask secondary questions off my answers. I never felt nervous about my answers and I never felt like the interviewer was trying to trip me up. I felt the interview process was very fair and allowed me to sell myself past what was already on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What do I bring to this job that would make companies want to work with PepsiCo?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Riverside, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

On Campus Interview, then selected as part of a group to go down for second rounds of interviews in Riverside. Dinner was held the night before the day of interviews with all candidates, HR reps, and "graduates" of the trainee program. Very positive experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2014.

Interview

I contacted a recruiter and was given a first interview. It was a short interview of about 5 behavioral based questions. I was offered a second interview on the spot. The second interview was with two different individuals. Each had about 6 behavioral based questions. Then I was asked to sell a product as my third interview. We didn't have long to prepare for that.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was the sales criterion. You have to be prepared to sell something.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I interviewed at PepsiCo (Evansville, IN) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview, then location interview based on where I wanted to be located for the position. Was flown to my territory for the final interview and then given a tour of the location.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in January 2010.

Interview

interview was thorough, was asked alot of situational questions (what if, why would you, if you were in this situation, etc). interview consisted of 1 on 1 face to face, was given the chance to do a role play to sell in an incremental pepsi cooler to a store manager. overall great

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in this position that you are applying for?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buraydah (Saudi Arabia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Buraydah (Saudi Arabia)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then phone screen, then hiring manager. simple interview but declined because of another offer which fit my skills and abilities more than the one offered to me by pepsico