PepsiCo Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 25, 2017

2.9

67 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Columbia, SC) in September 2014.

Interview

I got the interview through my university, campus recruiting. I requested the interview, received it. They came on campus and all of the other interviewees and I were given a presentation by two individuals. One person from HR about all of Pepsi, and one person who had previously held the position. The interview was 1 on 1 and lasted about 20 minutes. Average difficulty. Went over resume then asked typical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced a disagreement with a coworker, how did you handle it.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you overcame adversity.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Greenville, SC) in May 2014.

Interview

One day in person interview. easy because I was already associated with football. I was in a room with some other candidates and we all got a chance to talk about our sales rep experience and how we could lead the team of sales reps if we needed to.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Must apply online, Normally you will go through a phone screen, a first interview comprising of 2-3 managers, and a final interview. Then you will need to wait for background screening. 3-6 week process.

Interview Questions

• Understand a customers real needs and recommending a solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You take it or dont.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

I applied online and got an email to complete an online assessment the very next day. A week after completing the assessment I was scheduled for a phone interview which then led to a face to face interview a couple weeks later. The face to face interview consisted of basic behavioral questions and questions regarding my resume. The whole interview lasted about 30 min. I was then contacted a few days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to a manager who was a "total jerk"?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told it was a standard salary that was not negotiable.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Phone screening. Then in person interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied on corporate website and was asked to interview on campus. First round was all behavioral questions. 30 minutes pretty straight forward. Second round is on-site and has two different interviews, one with a sales VP and one with a HR rep.

Interview Questions

• What is a recent important decision you had to make on the spot?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2014.

Interview

Very friendly. Very casual. Interviewer took time to listen to answers and ask secondary questions off my answers. I never felt nervous about my answers and I never felt like the interviewer was trying to trip me up. I felt the interview process was very fair and allowed me to sell myself past what was already on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What do I bring to this job that would make companies want to work with PepsiCo?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Phone interview, then interview with TSM

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Interviewed on college campus during career fair, after that, if they liked you they sent you to Pittsburgh for a 2-day interviewing process. A lot of socializing the first night and a panel. Second day you are basically in a group of 6-8 people the whole time doing case studies. You also do individual interviews during the second day. It's all about leadership and they are looking for something very specific.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any "difficult" or "unexpected" questions. Possibly the sales scenario was the most difficult. Literally act as if you are selling someone something, not at an interview.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Met with Pepsico through campus recruiting. Then I had an on campus interview. Then they flew me out for a final round interview with Senior Leaders of the company. For the final round interview, they had me prepare for four different interviews. One was a classic interview i.e. "Why are you the best candidate for the job?". Another one was a sales scenario where I had to role play. Another one was a case study that demonstrated how I handle multiple problems at once. The last one was where they projected my resume onto a screen and told me to sell myself in 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They throw curve balls in the case study. i.e "So you have three places to be tomorrow. You can't go to all of these places because they are too far from each other. Who do you tell that you can't serve and why?"   Answer Question