PepsiCo Supply Chain Resource Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PepsiCo Supply Chain Resource Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

2.6

Supply Chain Resource Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2016.

Interview

2 day process that multiple management personnel interviewed in. Asked mostly HR questions. individuals were from various different plant locations. Gave overview of various different perspectives of the business.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Employee in Dayville, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Dayville, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

Met a representative at my college fair, spoke with him and was told to expect a call. Interviewers called about a week and a half later and immediately jumped into a phone interview. After the phone interview I was called in for an on site interview approximately two weeks later. Two weeks after that I received the decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to tackle a difficult situation in a group.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Resource Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

I first contacted Frito-Lay at an on campus career fair. After speaking with them at the fair I applied both on their website as well as on my university's career site. Once applied, within a week or two I received an on campus interview. The night before the interview an information session was held that I attended which detailed many of the job specifics.

The next day I attended a 30min very typical interview (some behavioral questions, some industry related questions - i.e.. give an example of a process and have you improved it). After completing that interview I received a call inviting me to take part in the second round interview at their site in Killingly CT.

The day on site consisted of an information session from 8:15-8:54, a plant tour 8:45-9:45, then 3 rounds of interviews with 3 different individuals in various management positions. I found these interview to actually be quite casual with the managers trying to get a feel for who I was and why I was there (obviously required HR questions were asked- again some behavioral, others similar to the process question).

Finally I received a call the same day that i was going to receive an official offer the middle of the following week.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all very typical. Some behavioral questions and some industry questions- "Give a time where you improved a product or process and explain to me how"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The offer was very good, with a great starting salary (65,000) and very good signing and relocation bonuses, being 2,500 and 5,000 respectively (withe the 5,000 relocation bonus being tax free)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (York, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

I spoke with an employee at a campus career fair and got an email the next day to have an on campus interview. The interview was very relaxed and not intimidating. It was more of a conversation and most of the questions were resume and behavioral. I got an email a few days after inviting me to the regional interview day in York, Pa. The event was fun and we got to tour the plant and meet more people at a dinner event. There were a series of two interviews which were also behavioral and resume based. Fun group of people but you have to make sure you are suited for a manufacturing type job and are prepared to spend time inside the plant.

Interview Questions

• As an engineering major, why would you prefer to have a leadership type job at Frito Lay as opposed to a more "engineering" job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Irving, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume through university career office. Had an on campus interview which was a typical behavioral interview and took about 45 minutes. A few days later I was invited to travel to Fort Worth for final round interviews at a plant.

At the plan I had two interviews, each with two managers/directors. Both were behavioral interviews again, but this time there was a much bigger focus on leadership, managing people, and achieving results. In this job you are in charge of people and a section of the plant so those attributes are important.

We also got a tour of the plant by one of the people who had this job. Looking at what he was doing and the plant overall, I realized that was not something I wanted to do with an engineering degree.

Interview Questions

• Do not remember the exact wording, but there was a questions about giving an example of a situation when you as a leader made a mistake that negatively affected others working around you or under you.   Answer Question

Working in a plant, especially a snacks plant is a very unique experience. You have to be willing to get your hands dirty and run around a lot. I did not find myself doing that neither did I see any room for growth in this field. But everything else about the offer was great.