Perceptive Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Perceptive Software Interview Questions

2.8

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Perceptive Software.

Interview

Great interview. Very fast on response time. No unnecessary questions asked. You will get a great experience of a fantastic growing company. Everyone in the HR department had positive attitudes and made the interview process much easier.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Perceptive Software.

Interview

Met with a recruiter through a college job fair, and had me fill out an application. I received an email a few days later for an interview request. I met with a panel of managers and had to give any type of short presentation. I did mine on video games. They basically wanted to know about my background and education.

Interview Questions

• They had asked me why I went into Business instead of computer science. Had to do some quick analysis.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary, offered quite a bit more than my asking salary.

Marketing Interview

Interview

It was very relaxed and informal. Two rounds with two different teams. It was more conversational as opposed to set standard of questions. Half of the interview process was to see how well you worked with everyone else on the team.

Manager - Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Perceptive Software (Shawnee, KS).

Interview

6 week typical end to end process. No background check?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Counter offer got me another 2% and a signing bonus.

Consultant Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perceptive Software (Shawnee, KS) in March 2014.

Interview

Upon being notified via email, about my opportunity to interview for the position, I was reached out to by a very nice and personable HR representative. Instructions for the interview were very clear. I needed to prepare a presentation about something for which I have a strong interest in or I'm very passionate about, which I felt like a nailed perfectly. I attempted to think outside the box and found that the panel truly enjoyed my presentation, they truly appreciated my approach to conveying my excitement for my chosen topic. After my presentation they asked me a handful of questions regarding past work experience and even touched on certain scenarios that may apply to the internship. I was then given the chance to ask questions of my own, which they happily responded to with deep and insightful remarks.

Perceptive Software's is currently in the process of having a new building built but I was given a full tour of the current location. I was surprised to find that they had such innovative technologies throughout the building, even including fun items such as slides and dodgeball courts! I will also note that they provided compensation for driving to their location, which is a breath of fresh air compared to other companies I've traveled to interview for. I look forward to seeing where this opportunity takes me.

Interview Questions

• How would you help someone figure out a problem with their computer? Consider the person to be helped as someone with no knowledge about computers.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Without meeting, I was asked to take a programming assessment. The assessment was essentially to write a queue using linked lists in C++, Java or C#. I only interacted with an HR representative who provided me we pencil and paper... eventually someone realized it should be typed out - took about 35 minutes to write the whole thing in Notepad++ then left. Waited 2 weeks to get an email saying they would not proceed with me and that "this is in no way a reflection of your abilities but more a better career fit with other candidates".

Interview Questions

• Only the programming assessment, wasn't given the time of day for an interview or even phone interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perceptive Software.

Interview

Met Manager at job fair.

Set up phone interview (short 20-30 minutes)

In-person interview (1-2 hours)
    Interviewed with only one person (Same person through all three stages)
    Asked me to code up (in any language) something that will reverse the order of a string.

Negotiation

They don't negotiate.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perceptive Software (Lenexa, KS) in October 2013.

Interview

30 minute phone interview, several technical and get-to-know-you questions. Hour long Skype interview with several people after that, generic questions from all of them. Finally a sit-down interview at the office with two managers, rehash of technical questions & general questions.

Interview Questions

• A user has a problem accessing a certain webpage, how would you assist them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was pretty minimal as there was a posted and accepted rate after the first phone interview.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Perceptive Software (Kansas City, MO) in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted through email from HR and then setup a Skype interview panel style. The interview only lasted 30minites out of a hour and went very well. Was told next steps would come in 7-10days. I was surprised to get a offer 2days later.

Interview Questions

• There really wasnt any. They were all straight forward questions. I knew what they were looking for and having done this job for other companies its all about the same just different software.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me what I was looking for no need to counter-offer. There benefits are awesome. Unlimited PTO not stuck on 40hr work weeks, do your job and have fun.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shawnee, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Perceptive Software (Shawnee, KS) in June 2013.

Interview

On-site technical assessment.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. create your own Queue class and document class. You have to use word pad an the clock on the laptop I used was 20 minutes fast.   Answer Question