Perch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Perch

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Perch

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Perch.

Interview

Interview process was disjointed and unorganized. The phone interviewer talked over me and really didn't allow me to ask any questions. It was basically just ten minutes of her talking about how the company works, which I had already extensively researched in preparation for the phone screen.

I didn't hear anything back until about two weeks later when the same recruiter sent me an email on a Friday morning stating that she would like to interview me in-person "first thing" on the following Monday. I responded within less than an hour of receiving her email that I would be available to meet with her on Monday and to please specify the meeting time and place. I never heard back from her that day or weekend. Then, on Monday at nine o'clock at night, she responded to my email that she would instead like for me to meet with another manager sometime later that week. I eventually ended up meeting with the other manager in-person, but all-in-all the company just didn't seem like the right fit for me. The interview process definitely left me with a bad impression of the company. I understand that they're a fresh startup company, but still, you can't expect to attract high-level talent with a disjointed process such as what I experienced.

Additionally, Perch's business model seems to miss the mark for what many other real estate startup companies are already doing and are doing much more effectively than they are. It's quickly becoming a crowded space in terms of competition (Opendoor, Offerpad, Redin Now, Zillow Offers, etc). Furthermore, Perch's lack of a fully developed infrastructure (e.g., their website doesn't even currently have basic IDX search capabilities!) puts them significantly behind the curve of their competitors. At present, I'd say they're essentially analogous to what AltaVista and Lycos were to Yahoo and Google in the late-90s - too much competition, too late to the party. I don't think they're adequately capitalized to be able to effectively compete head-to-head in the same space as the established players.

Transaction Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Perch (Austin, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

I received an email from their recruiter who scheduled a call with the hiring manager. After the initial phone screen with her we arranged an in-person interview which lasted 45min and I was told I would receive word by the end of the week. I did and everything was handled in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• Situational scenarios regarding client interactions and how they were handled   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Perch (Austin, TX) in July 2019.

Interview

Was contacted via third party to interview, showed up 10 minutes beforehand and wasn’t even talked to until maybe 30 minutes after scheduled time. Seemed like the people there had a stick up their booty- very uptight and weird. It was the look of “I’m better than you, so tell me why you could be here.” Seemed like they were hiding something as well- not transparent whatsoever.