Perfect World Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Perfect World Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.8

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Perfect World Entertainment in June 2017.

Interview

2 person phone call, The interviewer started of with a quick introduction of names and dived into a list of Linux questions. It almost seemed like he had list of questions he was asking from.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Perfect World Entertainment.

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn and got a reply within a week. The entire process probably took close to 2 months as I was out for 2 weeks for a vacation and my hiring manager was also out for 2 weeks. HR seemed very busy but somehow made it work.

I had one phone interview and then was immediately brought in for 2 in person interviews.
    The phone interview seems scripted and very focused on past experiences, technical skills. In contrast, the in-person interviews were more personable and had pretty straightforward questions. I met 4 PWE marketing team members and it was a great experience. They were super transparent about everything that's happened before in the company (big layoff, politics, etc) and was very optimistic and excited about things moving forward.

My 2nd interview was a coffee shop meetup, and it was more of a personality/cultural fit check than anything. Got an offer letter the next day and the rest is history.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for a video game company?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Perfect World Entertainment.

Interview

Had a phone call with the hiring manager after a few email coordinations with the HR department. The phone interview was quite stressful and a lot of technical questions were asked. Then I didn't hear from the company for another 3 weeks. During that time, I thought I hadn't passed and given up hope on the company.

Around 3 weeks later, I received an email from HR to say that they wanted to bring me in for an in person interview with 4 different people for 2 hours. It took us over 2 days to coordinate a time for me to come in because it took the HR department SO long to respond to my emails. I accepted and showed up for the interview that day. I thought I had a pretty good conversation with each of the people I met with and felt pretty good walking out the door that day. After my interview, HR manager told me that he would reach out to me by the end of the following week and give me an update.

I waited that week and a half and by the following week's Friday, I still hadn't heard back from the company so I decided to email and reach out to see what was going on. No response ever since that email I sent and I've moved on once again.

If they're going to take almost a month between each deciding process, they should really just not hire people until they're urgently looking for someone. The company clearly doesn't care about potential candidates' timelines.

Interview Questions

• Technical skills and previous work experience. Was also given a short (very impromptu) quiz during my in person interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Perfect World Entertainment (Redwood City, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through Linkedin for an Engineering position. Received an invitation for a phone interview from my manager in the next day, who was really kind, making the phone interview a breeze. Three days later I received an email from the HR department willing to have me for an in-person interview which would last 2-3 hours. It took about half a week to schedule the in-person interview.

The in-person interview involved 4 rounds. First I was interviewed by my manager who asked questions about my previous experiences, my goals, my personality, but didn't shoot me any technical questions. After that, I had a very calm interview with the lead of another team which I would be working with quite often. Then, I was given a long technical paper exam that I couldn't finish within the time given. Next, I was interviewed by the team I would join, whose members discussed the way I approached the exam questions as well as asked questions regarding my previous experiences/projects. Finally, I was interviewed by the Director of Engineering, who was really chill and kind, not only asking smart questions but also providing me with great tips for the future. I could learn a lot about the company from him, since he's been working in the Engineering department for a long time.

I took 1 week to receive their offer by email, in which they asked me other 2 weeks to start. In total, the interview process since the application to the first-day at work lasted about a month.

Overall, I appreciated the opportunity to meet up with the team I would be joining. At that time I could have a little sense of whom I would work with everyday and how did they feel about my qualifications and limitations. The chance to have a talk with the Director of Engineering was also a huge gift since regardless of joining or not the company, I could go home carrying great tips from him.

At all times, in any interview round, I could ask my questions about the position, the company, daily basis, and where was the company heading to.

Marketing Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perfect World Entertainment (Redwood City, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process at PWE is pretty intense. After completing the initial phone screening, you'll go through several rounds of in-person interviews with different Perfect World team members. It's a long process but you actually learn a lot about the company and get a good sense of what the staff is like.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to go over your background/work experience several times!   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Perfect World Entertainment (Redwood City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview and hiring process was very straightforward. I submitted my resume and received a call a couple of weeks later to come in for an interview. I was warmly received for my interview which lasted only two hours or so. The company reached out to me two weeks later with an offer. Quick and painless!

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Perfect World Entertainment.

Interview

Received a call to come into the office for an interview. No other specifics shared at that time. It would have been helpful to ask some questions regarding the genre of games previously worked on. They could have saved everyone's time by doing a proper phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Do not bother wasting your time if you have not worked on or play games other than MMORPGs. They are not interested in any candidates with experience creating or knowledge of other genres.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Perfect World Entertainment.

Interview

Met with VP of BD. Smart guy with a some great Qs. 2nd interview was with Produces, General Manager and CEO.

Interview Questions

• "If you had the funding you needed what would Business endeavor would you put the money toward?"   1 Answer

UI Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Perfect World Entertainment (Redwood City, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I found the job listing online and applied. I got an email back from them within the week. There was a screening call with a staff recruiter where we talked about experience and skills. There was a simple 3 day art test that was submitted and reviewed by the team. We then set up a time for the in person interview for the next week. The interview took place in a single room with the entire team that I would potentially be working with. There was an art test review and a portfolio review along with some questions about work experience and skills. Took no more than an hour and a half to complete.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is good UI?   1 Answer

N/A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perfect World Entertainment.

Interview

I didn't go through this process, I can over from another company that was purchased by Perfect World Entertainment.

At my previous company the process was pretty simple, had a phone interview, and then an offer within the next few days. Pretty painless really, but that was a while ago.