Perficient Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Perficient

2.7

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Perficient (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I connected with a recruiter at a college recruiting event and was asked to submit my resume. I did a phone interview with the recruiter who asked me some questions about myself then told me about their internship program, and asked if I would be okay with it. I was then called to do a phone interview with an engineer, which contained some technical questions on PHP frameworks I had used and if I knew about Magento.

Afterwards, I was invited to come in for two back-to-back interviews. The first interview was with the guy I had been on the phone with, except less technical questions were asked - more about what tools I had used, what I studied, my projects, etc. The second was a panel with two engineers who had recently moved from India to the US, asking me about my hobbies, projects, and experience. I was also asked a basic technical question about arrays and object-oriented programming concepts. An HR rep did a follow-up asking about the interview experience, desired salary, and if I was still interested.

I received a request to take a Berke Assessment (personality test) online and to schedule a final interview a Software Engineering Manager. The assessment took about 2 hours and was pretty standard for a personality test, but also seemed like an IQ test was integrated as well. Lots of analysis of word patterns and shapes.

My final interview with the Software Engineering Manager did not go well. He was intimidating and made me feel uncomfortable during the process. Lots of hardcore technical questions and about my experience in e-commerce, specifically Magento. He also shot me down on an answer that was theoretical and not practical, and was at a loss of words. The same HR rep came in afterwards to follow-up, and to discuss more finite salary details, my future plans, etc. I was then told to wait to a final decision from HR.

Three weeks later, I received a rejection via e-mail.

Interview Questions

• Would you continue with Zeon after graduation if offered a full-time position?   1 Answer
    • What is your experience with Magento?   Answer Question
    • Convert this Java array to PHP.   Answer Question

Oracle Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Perficient (Chicago, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

- Contacted by inhouse recruiter on LinkedIn
    - Upon exchanging emails, my profile was forwarded to another inhouse recruiter who dealt with experienced hires
    - Setup a time to talk with her. Went over experiences, expertise, visa status, salaries, benefits, etc.
    - Was informed that my profile would be forwarded to the technical team for review and further steps
    - It's been a month, never heard back. No replies to emails.

Analyst Interview

Interview

This process was both frustrating and unprofessional. I had a few interviews and was told I would hear back in a few days with the next steps. I was the only one following up after each interview, and was left in lingo for several weeks. This is not a company I would want to work for if this is how you treat your potential employees. My advice to you is to communicate and to follow through with what you say, as your candidates are putting as much time into this process as you are. Even if a candidate is not moving forward, communicate. I am happy to have moved on from this.

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Perficient (Livonia, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview process is quiet a delight.

2 rounds
    Rounds 1: I was asked about myself and my degree and work background. They asked if I have worked with groovy scripts and JIRA - i hadn't.
    Round 2: HR round was more centered towards "If I fin in company or not". They wanted to know my long term plans and how I would benefit company.

Interview Questions

• If you are interested in development then why apply for QA Tester position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation. I was working as an Intern.

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Perficient (Livonia, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

I had one interview. I wasn't asked many technical questions. Just
    basic Java,
    about web services,
    REST.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about groovy scripts.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, Just working as an intern.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perficient in November 2014.

Interview

I had applied through university career fair. Had my first round of phone screening where i was asked about Why perficient, my favourite technologies that i worked already,challenging projects and interesting module that i worked upon. I was asked about the technologies i am interested to work upon and the successful qualities of a consultant.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the qualities of a successful consultant?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

Went through one interview. Didn't receive a call back. Overall good interview process though and the interviewer was mostly professional. Compared to the interviewees he was underdressed but in this specific field that is understandable. Questions weren't particularly hard but wish I'd gotten a call back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you've faced a challenge to work in a group and lead others.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Perficient (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Perficient HR reached out to me to start the interview process. I had one phone screen with the HR person, one phone screen with a manager, and an on-site interview. Process took a little over a week. Phone screens talked about previous experiences. On-site talked about previous experiences and technical skills. I met with 5 different people for the on-site interview, and it included a lunch, which was very nice. The people I met were friendly and interesting to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Perficient (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

All of the interviews were extremely pleasant. The technical screening and coding session were a blast. And the face to face was very professional, but relaxed. I couldn't have asked for a better experiance.

1. Pre-Screen by recruiter
    2. Technical phone screen.
    3. Live Coding - Virtual/Screen sharing
    4. Face to Face x2

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between an abstract class and an interface... so on.
      Explain variance and how it is useful. Give an example of variance usage
      Explain how a variable of type (... insert type...) is handled from instantiation to GC   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Perficient (Portsmouth, NH) in April 2015.

Interview

It was pretty much about what I know, where I want to be and roles and responsibilities. Willingness to learn new technologies and lead team and be flexible and travel