Performance Bicycle Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Performance Bicycle Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Performance Bicycle

1.2

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Performance Bicycle (Santa Monica, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The Store Manager and I discussed previous retail experience, what I would do or had done in various retail scenarios , and what he expected with the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Performance Bicycle

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Performance Bicycle.

Interview

Grabbed an application, very standard. Turned it in and within a couple days i had an interview setup. The interview was very easy to anyone with any retail experience and alittle bit of bike knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right? I over thought it since you don't want to put someone on the wrong bike but short answer is yes   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, just an offer either accept or decline

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Performance Bicycle (Vienna, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

I asked for a job, there was no formal interview process. I walked in, and asked the bike mechanic if they were hiring, he said yes and handed me a form. I filled it out and started working there later that week.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Performance Bicycle (Tucson, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

Turned in application. Called quickly thereafter for an interview which was poorly done but made it easy to get the job because I basically led the interview. The interviewing manager will either use a pre-fab sheet with behavioral questions or just shoot off the cuff and chit-chat. They called an hour after to offer me the job. They are basically checking to see if you have a pulse and won't freak out when a customer doesn't get their way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and what you did?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Performance Bicycle (Detroit, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

Very basic. Most managers have limited experience running an interview. Expect standard and off-the wall questions. Many managers ask things they've heard others ask in interviews. Basically they're looking for sales clerks or mechanics that have a basic understanding of cycling in general. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to be hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Performance Bicycle (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Called Manager, told to fill out online PDF and FAX, Yes, Fax, or print out and fill in, then fax or bring into store. Manager asked if I could come in and drop off application. Went in and talked with assistant manager, he tells me that I am over qualified for the role. He will give application to manager for him to review. Tells me that the manger will call me back. Tells me that pay is around $9 -$10 and hour or more.

Interview Questions

• Called manager to follow up. Manger tells me that without bike shop experience that he will not paid a starting wage of more then $8 and hour for only part time work. Did not matter I had run 3 other retail stores before. Ask him for $9 an hour. Would not do so.
      Told him that a working poor wage is not moral and was unethical. That with my background he could start me off at $9 an hour. He would not move on the hourly rate.   1 Answer

To low of pay. Was inflexible to start me off at $9 and hour. Was asking a former retail manager to start part time for $8 and hour. Poor management skills

Anonymous Employee in Prince Frederick, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Performance Bicycle (Prince Frederick, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

1 on 1 interview. Manager needed help so badly I was hired just for having a pulse.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You don't negotiate at this level

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Performance Bicycle (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview went fine, i asked a lot of questions, and got a detailed response to my answer. It was about thirty minutes long, the only problem is that he never got back to me. i have him a week and then went in to the store and he said that his boss was not in and can't look at it. Another week passes i do the same thing go in and talk to the store manager and same response. At this point i give up because he never got back to me i even went in three weeks later to buy some stuff for my bike but still not answer. This is quite unprofessional and i seemed like i was just disregarded. I am fine i didn't get the job of course because they never told me if i was hired. Am i going to reapply, no because this is a joke and then i see a week or two later i see a new employee about my age that i know is new and they are training her. I was 17 at the time but that shouldn't have been a problem because i knew of someone at my school that got the job when he was 17. Sorry for rambling but i wanted to express my difficulties with this bike shop and trying to acquire a job.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Performance Bicycle (Richmond, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

The manager asked questions about my previous experience with biking and my general knowledge. I showed up on a few of the store group rides and was given the test of assembling a bike in less than an hour the first day I was hired (it should take between 30-45 minutes depending on the quality of the bike).

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Performance Bicycle (Rockville, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

The best thing you can do is talk about your experience with cycling. Do not walk in there and say you don't ride a bike and expect to get hired, unless you have a ton of retail experience. Brush up your bike knowledge before you go in and speak like you know what you're talking about. Name drop a local bike-trail name. They don't hire under 18s, ever, as far as I know.