Perkins Restaurant and Bakery Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

1.6

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in East Windsor, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (East Windsor, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

Walked in an filled out an application and spoke with the manager immediately. He reviewed my application, asked for my prior experience and availability and offered me the job on the spot. Startd a week later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Perkins Restaurant and Bakery

Server Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery in August 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty simple interview, the manager asked me basic questions about my strenghths, weaknesses, and all of that. The atmosphere was very laid back, although it was 2 pm so that very well could be why. I hope you like old people, because that was 99.5% of the population in there. Overall a clean and friendly place.

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (Appleton, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

They have a 2 interview system. I met with the scheduling/assistant manager first, and she asked basic questions about myself, nothing very job-related. I got a phone call a day or two later to meet with the store manager for a second interview where she asked more in-depth questions. She asked about prior server experience (I hadn't any), how I felt about a restaurant atmosphere, and asked a little more about me as a person. I was hired to temporarily be a host, as people often are to start, and would later become a server. Orientation was to be held about three days later.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite menu item at Perkins? Sell it to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (Green Bay, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

Sit one on one with a manager during open interviews, go over your application, ask you what you think the job entails, ask you how you would sell a pie (this is what they try to sell/upsell the most of), etc. I got hired on the spot and started orientation a few days later.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (Saint Cloud, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

I sat down with the manager 1 on 1 and she asked me what days I was available to work and that was it. It lasted no more than 5 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

They contacted me fairly quickly. The interview was a one on one interview with one of the managers. Very laid back and relaxed. Simple questions to just get to know my personality. Offered job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions and asked about my serving experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (Waukesha, WI) in February 2014.

Interview

It was extremely short and easy. I walked in and asked for an application, and the manager said he could interview me right then and there. We sat down at a table and he asked me a couple of questions. He gave me the papers to fill out, and asked me when I could start. I told him I could as soon as possible, and he said to come the following Thursday ready to work.

Interview Questions

• If I had experience serving food before.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (Orlando, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Extremely laid back. I applied in person and the next day received a phone call to schedule an interview, When I went it for my first(and only) interview the manager had already completed my training schedule.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work there.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (Cleveland, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

I have only retail/hotel experience and worked at a panera. i was surprised when he wanted to interview me. the place was like 25 min away. i didnt realize how far it was and was exactly on top instead of 5-10 min early like i prefer. he accused me of being late and i told him im not normally late and he called me a liar. rest of interview was awkward and he went over every detail of my application, which no one usually does. i hate repeating myself. it's like just read it yourself.

then he told me he was trying to hire for days and i am available nights. why would you waste my time. then he told me i would make more there on 3 hr shift then 8/hr at a hotel. this is false. at only $40 in tips a night on a 4 hr shift you would bring home 44 a night 4x a night which is still less than i would get paid at a hotel.

thought he was rude and unprofessional. if he offers me job, i will not take it

Anonymous Employee in Mars, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (Mars, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

I walked in and was able to sit with a manager to be interviewed at that moment. She was friendly and prompt. I was able to speak about my past experiences with restaurant business and how my skills would benefit the company. She made it clear what I would be hired for and the aspects of the job. I was not left with any questions after the interview.