Perry Ellis International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.5

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Doral, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

One of the most unprofessional and lengthy interview processes I have ever been through - and all for nothing. After three separate phone interviews in February 2017 followed by an in-person interview at their Doral, FL HQ - I have yet to get a response on whether or not I got the job (ha!). Not even a "position has been filled" notification - just radio silence after I tried to follow up two separate times. It's unfortunate that their HR department is rude and incompetent.

Interview Questions

• Are you interviewing at any other companies? If you received a job offer what is the chance you would decline it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Witham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Witham, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

went to first interview, was shown around, asked some basic questions. Spent 30 minutes at the first interview and over 40 minutes on the next one where I was asked to speak to a German Rep .

Interview Questions

• how long have you spoken German for?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Sacramento, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was asked to do an initial interview with Perry Ellis. They called me on the phone. I have a speech impediment but I said that I would try the phone. She couldn't understand all that I was saying so she said she would send an email to follow up. I never received an email and later I was told that position was filled. I felt that they didn't accommodate my disability and I wasn't heard.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Why I quit a job. What programming skills I have. etc.   Answer Question

Credit and Collections Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Miami, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was professional and very pleasant. I was interviewed by the credit manager for the collections department. The manager explained step by step all the duties for the hiring position, I agreed and complemented how grateful I was at the moment, being that I was searching for a great opportunity at this company. The manager liked me for the position and hired me full time to begin immediately.

Interview Questions

• How many year of experience in the accounting field.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied to the website, and then turned in a resume to the Store Manager in person, and was given and interview on the spot. He claimed that the rest of the process would include three phone interviews with progressively higher tiers of management, ending with the VP over retail, within about 3-5 days. Two weeks later, I had a pleasant phone interview with the Area Manager, and he claimed two days later I would hear from the Regional Manager, which would be the final interview, because Black Friday was approaching, and they were all so busy and needed me up to speed so quickly. A week and several phone calls (and missed phone appointments) later, I had a half-hour phone interview with the Regional Manager that was much more brusque. He claimed I would hear from my Store Manager in two days to get the ball rolling. This did not happen.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring bring to Perry Ellis? When I meet with you in six months, what would you say is your claim to fame with us?   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Miami, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview w/ manager. In-face interview w/ manager and VP of IT. Interview was pretty straightforward, multiple questions were asked to gauge my proficiency in the field, and questions about upward mobility options and possibilities were answered. Both the immediate manager and VP of IT sat in on the interview and asked lots of questions and answered any and all questions that were asked. Good experience overall, no real surprises during the process. HR was very helpful in setting up time and place of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/weaknesses, some technical questions about the position.   Answer Question

Junior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Doral, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by HR and had phone interview followed by formal interview at Perry Ellis Inc.. Phone interview was with one person from HR, in-person interview included 4 people: 1 from HR and 3 from the Creative Dept.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Perry Ellis Inc..?
      Why did you apply for this position?
      What are challenges you have experienced (relative to position)?   Answer Question

Sales Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with HR first then with the direct report. I was asked questions about my experience, prior jobs, customers worked with and computer experience. I was then provided with the job description of the responsibilities, brands involved and customers that
    I would be responsible for. Told how goals are set and sales expectations.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be doing in 5 years?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International.

Interview

Applied online and got a response within two weeks, got an interview on a Thursday or Friday, and called the manager on Monday at that time I was hired. A date is set for you to fill out the paper work and then you can start.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions. examples: Your greatest strength, greatest weakness, what can you bring to the team, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for a couple dollars more than I was offered. I didn't attempt to negotiate.

Sales Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Miami, FL) in April 2010.

Interview

Bad communications, three initial interviews. Said they knew the first day they were hiring me, but because of corporate structure did not get back to me for three weeks with no glimpse of communication.