Perry Ellis International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Perry Ellis International Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.5

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with the AM and the Store Ops Mgr. They were both asking questions and seemed very interested in what I had to say. The interview lasted about 1 hour and they followed up with me with in a week with interest. But I had to wait about 1 week to speak to the Director of Store because he was on vacation. That was a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• All questions were common.... Give me an example of this and that   Answer Question

Negotiation

1 face to face interview and one over the phone

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Doral, FL).

Interview

The interview process was a complete and utter disaster of pure disorderliness.

I was told which documents to bring such as copies of my resume (don't see why that's necessary since they have printers) and I brought everything specified to me. I went through a routine in person interview with one of their HR staff and then was told I would meet and be interviewed by some other employees in the creative department.

I was sent home and told to come back because I did not bring an item they did not even ask me to bring with me. In the end I followed up to ask when I could come back and they replied saying they were no longer interviewing. Extremely unprofessional staff.

Associate Designer Interview

Interview

very short and depending on the person who interviews your , your need to do so sort of presentation for a second interview, they ask for your portfolio but must of the times what your have in there doesn't matter

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Miami, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was invited for an in person interview. I met with the CMO and a SVP who asked about what I wanted to do with my career my interests and other basic information.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to go into marketing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Grand Prairie, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

very brief
    the store manager asked me simple questions regarding my previous work experiences
    he asked me if I knew how to wear a suit and if I had any of the merchandise

Interview Questions

• why did you apply here specifically?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Grand Prairie, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

After passing the online survey a manager will call you in to interview. Come professionally dressed and with an eagerness to work. Perry Ellis loves the outgoing personalities, so even if that's not you pretend for the next 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They ask pretty typical questions the hardest is explaining how you handled working with someone you didn't like.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I ended up getting offered a supervisor position after being interviewed for the sales associate position

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International.

Interview

It was very quick. Probably about 20 minutes. She went through all the questions and we would have conversations about them so it wasnt just a uniform interview. it was enaging! I got told i would go in for a second interview within 3 days. One thing i reccommend is if you get the job sign up for the drug test as soon as you get the email.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      What do you know about our company?
      Do you help your boss or your customer first?
      Tell me about yourself
      Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Texas City, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Texas City, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was fairly easy, and everything was very smooth. I was interviewed and hired directly from the manager who was also very polite. I was asked different questions, I assume to get an insight of what my personality consists of, including the manners that I speak, as they know will be how I interact with customers.

Interview Questions

• One question that they asked was if I have any type of retail experience.   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International.

Interview

Short. Interviewed and hired immediately. The manager wasn't really that sharp. He assumed my background and college experience was enough. I'm not sure he understood how the interview was actually a better idea for me on how the company worked.

Allocator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

I was put forward for this job through a recruitment agency.
    I turned up for the interview and met the lady interviewing me, she was very nice and made me feel relaxed.
    We sat in a room with glass walls where she asked me some questions about my CV, why I had chosen this career path, what I knew about the brand and the job role and some hypothetical questions. It lasted about half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Why have you chosen a career in Merchandising?   1 Answer