Perry Ellis International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 2, 2017

2.6

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Sacramento, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was asked to do an initial interview with Perry Ellis. They called me on the phone. I have a speech impediment but I said that I would try the phone. She couldn't understand all that I was saying so she said she would send an email to follow up. I never received an email and later I was told that position was filled. I felt that they didn't accommodate my disability and I wasn't heard.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Why I quit a job. What programming skills I have. etc.   Answer Question

Associate Technical Designer Penguin Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screen from HR. Followed the next with with 2 intervews. 1 with HR and 1 with the potential supervisor (senior tech designer for that area) There was no follow up. I had to write back to HR a few weeks later to see if they were still interested.

Allocator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

I was put forward for this job through a recruitment agency.
    I turned up for the interview and met the lady interviewing me, she was very nice and made me feel relaxed.
    We sat in a room with glass walls where she asked me some questions about my CV, why I had chosen this career path, what I knew about the brand and the job role and some hypothetical questions. It lasted about half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Why have you chosen a career in Merchandising?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied to the website, and then turned in a resume to the Store Manager in person, and was given and interview on the spot. He claimed that the rest of the process would include three phone interviews with progressively higher tiers of management, ending with the VP over retail, within about 3-5 days. Two weeks later, I had a pleasant phone interview with the Area Manager, and he claimed two days later I would hear from the Regional Manager, which would be the final interview, because Black Friday was approaching, and they were all so busy and needed me up to speed so quickly. A week and several phone calls (and missed phone appointments) later, I had a half-hour phone interview with the Regional Manager that was much more brusque. He claimed I would hear from my Store Manager in two days to get the ball rolling. This did not happen.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring bring to Perry Ellis? When I meet with you in six months, what would you say is your claim to fame with us?   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Doral, FL).

Interview

The interview process was a complete and utter disaster of pure disorderliness.

I was told which documents to bring such as copies of my resume (don't see why that's necessary since they have printers) and I brought everything specified to me. I went through a routine in person interview with one of their HR staff and then was told I would meet and be interviewed by some other employees in the creative department.

I was sent home and told to come back because I did not bring an item they did not even ask me to bring with me. In the end I followed up to ask when I could come back and they replied saying they were no longer interviewing. Extremely unprofessional staff.

Junior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Doral, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by HR and had phone interview followed by formal interview at Perry Ellis Inc.. Phone interview was with one person from HR, in-person interview included 4 people: 1 from HR and 3 from the Creative Dept.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Perry Ellis Inc..?
      Why did you apply for this position?
      What are challenges you have experienced (relative to position)?
      Answer Question

Sales Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with HR first then with the direct report. I was asked questions about my experience, prior jobs, customers worked with and computer experience. I was then provided with the job description of the responsibilities, brands involved and customers that
    I would be responsible for. Told how goals are set and sales expectations.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be doing in 5 years?   1 Answer

Assistant Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International in July 2014.

Interview

Scheduled interview always meet multiple people in one visit. Started with the HR person understanding your background and experience. Very relax and casual just like chatting over coffee. And then meet up with 2-3 designers, individually. Mostly relax conversation over your portfolio. If they like you they will start talking about the positions and what they are looking for and ask you to do a project, depending on your portfolio content, they will want to see what they didn't see and that will determine what kind of project they give you. Design assistant do a lot of technical drawings, fabric selection and presentation boards.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, really. They generally ask you question based on your portfolio to understand your design decision process   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through University system. They quickly responded. Interview was about 20-30 minutes long, mostly questions on my education and experience. No call back, not even to tell me I didn't get the position. This shows poor recruitment process.