Perry Ellis International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Perry Ellis International Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

2.5

Customer Service Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Witham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Witham, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

went to first interview, was shown around, asked some basic questions. Spent 30 minutes at the first interview and over 40 minutes on the next one where I was asked to speak to a German Rep .

Interview Questions

• how long have you spoken German for?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Sacramento, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was asked to do an initial interview with Perry Ellis. They called me on the phone. I have a speech impediment but I said that I would try the phone. She couldn't understand all that I was saying so she said she would send an email to follow up. I never received an email and later I was told that position was filled. I felt that they didn't accommodate my disability and I wasn't heard.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Why I quit a job. What programming skills I have. etc.   Answer Question

Credit and Collections Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Miami, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was professional and very pleasant. I was interviewed by the credit manager for the collections department. The manager explained step by step all the duties for the hiring position, I agreed and complemented how grateful I was at the moment, being that I was searching for a great opportunity at this company. The manager liked me for the position and hired me full time to begin immediately.

Interview Questions

• How many year of experience in the accounting field.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I was contacted directly by the recruiter from Perry Ellis International via LinkedIn. I replied via email, and discussed further details over the phone and set up time to interview for the open position at Perry Ellis International.

Interview Questions

• Discuss my background and how my experience can relate to the open position.   Answer Question

Associate Technical Designer Penguin Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screen from HR. Followed the next with with 2 intervews. 1 with HR and 1 with the potential supervisor (senior tech designer for that area) There was no follow up. I had to write back to HR a few weeks later to see if they were still interested.

Allocator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

I was put forward for this job through a recruitment agency.
    I turned up for the interview and met the lady interviewing me, she was very nice and made me feel relaxed.
    We sat in a room with glass walls where she asked me some questions about my CV, why I had chosen this career path, what I knew about the brand and the job role and some hypothetical questions. It lasted about half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Why have you chosen a career in Merchandising?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Miami, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was invited for an in person interview. I met with the CMO and a SVP who asked about what I wanted to do with my career my interests and other basic information.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to go into marketing?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied to the website, and then turned in a resume to the Store Manager in person, and was given and interview on the spot. He claimed that the rest of the process would include three phone interviews with progressively higher tiers of management, ending with the VP over retail, within about 3-5 days. Two weeks later, I had a pleasant phone interview with the Area Manager, and he claimed two days later I would hear from the Regional Manager, which would be the final interview, because Black Friday was approaching, and they were all so busy and needed me up to speed so quickly. A week and several phone calls (and missed phone appointments) later, I had a half-hour phone interview with the Regional Manager that was much more brusque. He claimed I would hear from my Store Manager in two days to get the ball rolling. This did not happen.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring bring to Perry Ellis? When I meet with you in six months, what would you say is your claim to fame with us?   Answer Question

Associate Designer Interview

Interview

very short and depending on the person who interviews your , your need to do so sort of presentation for a second interview, they ask for your portfolio but must of the times what your have in there doesn't matter

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International.

Interview

Short. Interviewed and hired immediately. The manager wasn't really that sharp. He assumed my background and college experience was enough. I'm not sure he understood how the interview was actually a better idea for me on how the company worked.