Persistent Systems (India) Interview Questions in Pune | Glassdoor

3.3

182 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Pune (India)).

Interview

The Interview Process comprised of 2 rounds, The technical and HR rounds.
    Technical Round : Basic Data Structure Question and a question about averages.
    HR: It was quite easy for us as we had applied for software development.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Pune (India)).

Interview

This was my campus hiring interview.
    1 Aptitude round
    2 Technical Interviews where you will be thoroughly grilled. Focus is on data structures and you should have good knowledge of any one programming language (minimum).
    1 HR round. This is almost just for formality. If you reach till this stage 90% of your work here is done. Unless, you pull off a lot of red flags.

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you detect if a linked list is a circular one.
      2. Stuff about garbage collector in java.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Pune (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

1st round written MCQs, 2nd round technical written test-programs, 3rd round technical interview. They looked for technical and logical implementation so be prepared for giving optimal responses. The MCQ may seem bit difficult core concepts are checked.
    Manager interview and HR interview were straight forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Pune (India)).

Interview

The recruiting panel at Persistent office is not so good. The interview process I went through was very long, time consuming & with no output. They schedule your interview and do not call or call you at office location and don't take any interview and send you back asking for another slot. Take weeks of time between consecutive rounds. After weeks of this tiring process, finally they scheduled one last round for me and never called.

Interview Questions

• Challenging situation handled with respect to technical or any overall situation in career so far.   Answer Question

Test Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Pune (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a one day process. First Round was online test. Questions are easily available in google :). Second round was Technical followed by manager and then HR.

Behavior of HR was not good. She was treating resource came for interview in a worst way. i cleared all the round after one week they asked me my document which I provided but after that I do not hear from them. May be the compensation which I ask was higher with what they can give.

Atleast the should have responded to my mail that position is closed or they should tell that they don't have budget.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Pune (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Process was not well managed. My first technical round was at Persistent office, second was a telephonic interview. They could have conducted my HR discussion over phone, but they actually wanted to disturb the candidates, hence they called me in their office for HR discussion. In HR interview, they told me that I will be getting the offer with expected salary in 2 days. But its been a month, I haven't got any offer and whenever I called the HR never picked my call.
    And when they picked they rudely said that my offer is still pending with approvals and few days later they told me that they can offer me something which is way less than what I asked for.
    Complete waste of time.
    They will neither answer your call nor meet your expectations. Don't ever go for this company.

Interview Questions

They offered me much below my expectation. Also, the way HR spoke is not acceptable.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Pune (India)).

Interview

In my professinal experience In Recruitment,Sourcing skills, would like to share 1 worst Interview I had with Persistent.An Interviewer was expecting from me to answer every question with correct answers, might I have not given some certain answers but yes was very confident at the time of Interview.It should be structured first.They should listen and Judge according to their skills. Also Interviewer was Argue with me to stop my correct answers.If someone good, relevant with well verse skills he should be fit for the said post.Though It Is small scale or MNCs.It shoudnt happen.

5+ Experience Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Pune (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

They had 1st round as written test(aptitude + java) followed by 2 rounds of technical discussion and finally HR round.
    I am still waiting for Offer letter even I had submitted the necessary documents the very next day. They even called to release the offer in 2 hrs but the 2 hrs have been converted to 20 days now.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Pune (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

First an aptitude test which consisted of mcq questions based on data structures,networking,OS and quantitative aptitude. Also there was a coding section in which we had to write a simple code. My code was to remove all comments from a C source file. Lastly there was essay writing section in which they check ur basic English.
    Test shortlisted students had a GD which was very different from any normal GD.
    GD shortlisted students were called for tech interview at Persistent system. They test ur fundamentals and in depth technical knowledge. Prepare basics of networking,OS,data structures ,oops concepts and dbms.
    Finally there was HR interview for students who cleared technical round. They ask about ur final year project, family background and so on.

Interview Questions

• Considering a cache memory which is faster- array or linked list?   1 Answer
    • How does compiler know which function to run at runtime?(i.e. vtable and vptr)   Answer Question
    • Pseudo code for client-server socket program   Answer Question
    • Standard puzzle of 10 machines and one machine producing a ball of defective weight   Answer Question
    • Some basic sql queries, Group by, Order by, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Pune (India)).

Interview

I had applied through campus drive. Firstly online apptitude test was given which consists of some logical reasoning questions and some technical questions and one paragraph writing test was there for checking your English.
    I clear the 1st round, result come in one day.
    The interview date was after 10 days in Pune.
    There was 2 technical interview and last hr interview.
    I didn't clear the 1st technical interview.