Persistent Systems (India) Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Persistent Systems (India) Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

3.3

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

For people with 5 or leas years of experience, the company has a technical written test.
Then there are 2 tech interviews and 1 HR round

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Persistent Systems (India)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India).

Interview

1 written test -mcq
    Program writing -2 problem statements were given
    2 technical round
    1 hr round

Interview panel members were friendly and patient. But the final salary discussion was very unpofessional .The HR was very rude and didn't speak properly.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

first round was written test. I cleared it then call for 1:1 for technical. He was opening laptop and some interview site. there was 3 room and parallel interview was going on. after each candidate interview interviewer used to go to other interviewer's cabin and cross verify the answers candidate given. One problem they ask i proposed 2 algorithm still he wanted 3rd one.

Interview Questions

• there is base class and derived class both class having same function name with same signature. he asked will it compile?   2 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) in April 2016.

Interview

Only thing comes into mind abt the interview process and the HR there is WTF. Worst people take the technical interviews here. They are book worms who are away for the design and development process . I hope God helps them.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Pune (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

They started with a written test.It comprised of two sections Aptitude and Java.It was a MCQ based test,which lasted for an hour.Candidates were asked to wait for the next round based on their result.Due to crowd,I was asked to come on the following weekend.
    First interview was L1 round.I was asked questions based upon my resume.Please be careful what you write in your resume,because they like to go to greater depths about stuff. They check for strong understanding of OOPS and core java concepts.I was also asked to describe my latest project and asked questions concerning those.
    A quick tip would be,if you do not know anything,do not give vague answers.simply say I do not know or I did not get an opportunity to work on this.
    Next round was L2.It was a MR cum technical round. The interviewer was a manager.He asked completely basic software engineering questions.He gave me hypothetical situations and asked for my opinion.Here again, the manager focused on my resume contents.

Interview Questions

• Significance of the Big O Notations.Space and time complexity.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Pune (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Worst experience. Got a call from a consultancy. First they called me for interview. There they gave me a question paper. It was apti + tech written test.
    When I was done with it the HR told me to wait. After some time she informed me that I was through and could leave for the day. They would call me for further rounds. I told her that the consultancy had conveyed all rounds will be done on the same day.
    She spoke to the consultancy person who was present there. The consultancy person informed me that they were still checking my paper & would call me if I clear the test... 1st level of confusion and lack of co-ordination!!
     Few weeks later the person from consultancy, who had called me earlier, again called me and informed that I have cleared 1st round. Decided the date and time for 2nd round. In the meanwhile I got confirmed offer from some other company still I agreed to attend the interview as they were the 1st one to call.
    2nd level of confusion and lack of co-ordination comes here!! I went to the interview.
    The interviewer pretended as if he did not know I was there for C++. He asked me some basic oops questions. Some 1-2 questions on my experience (on about 6+ years of experience just 2 questions!!). He started asking core Java questions. I answered what I could (as I have all 6+ years experience in C++). Then he called some other person saying that if that person was interested in joining the interview as I have entire experience in C++.. I could clearly overhear the person on other side of call saying that "No it's ok, you take the call". The interview was done in 1-2 more questions of Java. The HR informed in a short while that I didn't clear the round (REALLY??).
    3rd and major level of confusion and lack of co-ordination again!!
    Then after few weeks the consultancy girl called me up and asked if I attend the interview (SHE DID NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT HAD HAPPENED!!) She said that there was some confusion. The company has given feedback as NO SHOW on my profile (which means I did not attend the interview at all)!!! I told her what had happened and she says "Galati se aap Java ke panel pe chale gaye." (OHHHH SERIOUSLY???) "I will talk to them and will try to re-arrange the interview. I will give you a call for confirmation of interview on next Friday". In the same week Thursday she calls me and says "There is no confirmation from the company yet. I will call you in next week."
    I did not pick up any calls of that lady thereafter as I am no way interested in joining this company now.
    Suggestion: If you do not want to take interviews please do not waste others’ time. Not only you work in this entire world.
    Total ciyappa!!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Pune (India)).

Interview

Phone screen and then on-site interview call. Started with technical test basic OOPS and .NET questions. Followed by two technical rounds and an HR round. Test was average with 45 minutes time and 30 questions MCQ and programming. Technical rounds covered .NET questions

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) in October 2015.

Interview

Worst experience for interview,first technical test, after that waited for three hours then first technical interview, and then more three hours wait and then all were told that panel has gone and we will call you for second interview and hr discussion. Then never got there phone call, I followed up so I was informed that telephonic interview is kept on next day at 4:00, didn't received call, mailed hr no reply, finally called her she told me that she will arrange interview and call me up in half an hour, never received call, so left hope.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

1st round was a written test followed by 2-3 technical F2F interview rounds. Written test contains 2 parts, Aptitude test and Core java questions. Questions level was from medium to tough. I spent enough time to solve most of the questions and as per my knowledge a good number of questions that I solved were correct. I saw that in the written test no any person was eliminated. They had shortlisted everyone. I regretted why did I spent my precious time and energy to solve all the questions.
                  Since they had shortlisted everyone in the written test there was a huge number of candidates for technical rounds. When I went for the interview the interviewer was so rude (might be he was tired after taking so many interviews). When he asks any question and I start answering I was feeling like I am answering to a wall. He was not paying any attention. He asked many questions , all were easy to answer and so I did. After the interview I was confident that I will be through the interview but it didn't happen.

Interview Questions

• Basic core java questions from String, Collections, programming, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Pune (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

They had conducted a written test followed by face to face technical discussion. Written test is is with average complexity covering English,aptitude, logical, and c++ technical questions. I had to wait a long time approximately 4 hours for the next round after the written test, More experienced people than me attended for the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me operator overloading, Template specialization, deleting a specific node in a linked list, Multithreading.   Answer Question