Persistent Systems (India) Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Persistent Systems (India) Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2017

3.2

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

For people with 5 or leas years of experience, the company has a technical written test.
Then there are 2 tech interviews and 1 HR round

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Persistent Systems (India)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Pune (India)).

Interview

The interview process had 3 technical rounds followed by HR round.
    1st round - It's was a 2 hr aptitude test based on object oriented concepts.
    2nd round - After waiting for half a day, I had the second technical round which was based mostly on Java object oriented concepts & collections.
    3rd round - After the 2nd round I waited till the end of day & at round 7 o'clock in the evening we were told that the 3rd round will happen on some other day. After 2 weeks I was called for the 3rd round which happened after waiting for 2 hrs.
    HR round - 3 hrs after the 3rd round I had my HR round. We mainly had salary negotiation, in which they were willing to give max 25% increment. I was also warned not to use Persistent's offer as a counter offer.

After a month I received a call to further negotiate on the salary after which I showed disinterest in joining.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

4 Rounds of Interview:
    1)Written Test with Aptitude & Core Java -- 50 Minutes
    2)Technical Interview - Level 1
    3)Technical Interview - Level 2
    4)HR Interview

Each Face to Face interview lasted for about 30-40 minutes.
    Written Test focused on the basics of Aptitude & Core-java. Technical Interviews were of average difficulty. HR was quite intimidating & rude.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Pune (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

1st round written MCQs, 2nd round technical written test-programs, 3rd round technical interview. They looked for technical and logical implementation so be prepared for giving optimal responses. The MCQ may seem bit difficult core concepts are checked.
    Manager interview and HR interview were straight forward.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India).

Interview

Very bad and discouraging process. First telephonic and then late night f2f. Interviewer was very friendly and supporting but even discussing everything before interview HR was so rude and disrespectful after clearing all rounds. They offered only 15% hike on current CTC and what asking to stay instead of switching. HR got panic when she got to know that I don't know all office addresses of Persistent 😅

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Pune (India)).

Interview

The recruiting panel at Persistent office is not so good. The interview process I went through was very long, time consuming & with no output. They schedule your interview and do not call or call you at office location and don't take any interview and send you back asking for another slot. Take weeks of time between consecutive rounds. After weeks of this tiring process, finally they scheduled one last round for me and never called.

Interview Questions

• Challenging situation handled with respect to technical or any overall situation in career so far.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Got call via a recruiter. The process lasted over a week and there was around 5 rounds of interview including f2f, telephonic and skype interview.

Question consisted of data structures and algorithms, java, puzzles, managerial and HR questions.

The company was beforehand aware of the expectation in terms of compensation.

After taking 5 to 6 rounds and selecting the candidature they say can't provide the salary and need to take approvals and after 1 week of follow up they told the position is on hold due to requirement changes.

Total waste of time and efforts.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding trees, oops , java, algos and puzzles   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Pune (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Process was not well managed. My first technical round was at Persistent office, second was a telephonic interview. They could have conducted my HR discussion over phone, but they actually wanted to disturb the candidates, hence they called me in their office for HR discussion. In HR interview, they told me that I will be getting the offer with expected salary in 2 days. But its been a month, I haven't got any offer and whenever I called the HR never picked my call.
    And when they picked they rudely said that my offer is still pending with approvals and few days later they told me that they can offer me something which is way less than what I asked for.
    Complete waste of time.
    They will neither answer your call nor meet your expectations. Don't ever go for this company.

Interview Questions

They offered me much below my expectation. Also, the way HR spoke is not acceptable.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India).

Interview

1 written test -mcq
    Program writing -2 problem statements were given
    2 technical round
    1 hr round

Interview panel members were friendly and patient. But the final salary discussion was very unpofessional .The HR was very rude and didn't speak properly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Pune (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Scheduled drive at Pune Hinjewadi on 23/10/2016. Limited number of candidates were only called. Free Lunch was provided. Interview was for UI developer and I am dot net developer with angularjs experience just wanted to get a hang of the question asked for angularjs so attended the interview. Interviewer also was concerned if I would want to switch to UI side. Interview was good and I could answer all questions.

Bad points:-
    Once the interview was over the recruiter said next round would be by technical architect but he's not around so will be called back on weekdays. Nobody tried to contact me.
    Few days later on follow up HR told she would schedule one in next week but few days later she told I didn't crack the first round itself.
    I mean why lie in first place could have easily told same on interview date. Poor management.

Interview Questions

• Persistent UI developer[10/2016]
      Javascript
      1) Datatypes supported by Javascript?
      2) Can we have inheritance in Javascript?
      3) Block level scoping javascript?

HTML5
      1) Have you worked on HTML5?
      2) Worked on any library for responsive web designs?
      => bootstrap

AngularJS
      1) Which version used?
      => 1.2.16
      2) what is $scope?
      3) Is $scope a object or service?
      => Got wrong here said object
      4) 3 ways to transform data from one controller to other
      5) Can you transfer data using events?
      6) Are you aware of $emit and $broadcast service?
      7) Can we have $emit or $broadcast for $scope.
      8) What is reason of having $scope and $rootscope?
      9) Have you worked with custom directives?Can you give me an example.
      10) Can we have isolated scope for directives?
      11) How routing works in angularJS?
      12) Can we have routing without URL?
      13) While initializing a state before intitiating a controller if I want to perform some action where should the code be written?
      14) Difference in service and factory?
      15) Difference in minify and uglify   Answer Question