Persistent Systems (India) Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

3.4

186 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India).

Interview

aptitude test, technical interview, hr interview. The aptitude test had few programming questions, computer science concept questions, questions related to testing concepts were asked in the technical round

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Persistent Systems (India)

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India).

Interview

The interview process took 2 days.
    Day 1:
    Aptitude test- Featured multiple choice questions from various domains like data structures, networks, database, maths etc. Mostly, the questions were related to the engineering syllabus.
    Coding test- In a language of our choice, we were supposed to write the code in a text editor. without compiling the code. I was asked to write a code which would read a C program and delete all the comments in the original code.

For the ones who cleared both these rounds,
    Day 2:
    Personal interview- After introductions, I was asked some basic questions about my final year project. After that, I was given a paper and was asked to write code for simple problems. The interviewer then progressively made changes to the problem statement making it more complex. After that, I was asked some basic questions about databases and was asked to write a couple of sql statements.

After clearing the personal interview,
    HR interview- Since this was a college recruiting process, there were no salary negotiations. The HR interview was similar to an informal conversation which didn't last more than 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What are the ACID properties in database?
      This was unexpected as the interviewer asked me this while I was in the middle of writing a C code for a problem he had given.
      The question isn't difficult at all, but it did surprise me.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Aptitude test followed by 2 technical round and 1 hr interviews. the first technical round was intense and lasted more than an hour. Questions were based on data structures , aptitude test , operating system, networks, database. In the second interview, the questions were more or less based on the technical skills mentioned in the resume and the aptitude test.

Application

Interview

First had to give a technical written exam with 2 programs along with multiple choice questions. On clearing , There were 2 rounds of technical interview, If cleared HR interview takes place. "How will you test addition of programs". Simple question bu they are no looking for obvious answers. Try giving as many cases as you can. I gave 20 test cases on the spot. Few more software engg questions. First interview was more to know your interests and discuss your answers given in tech exam. They want to see whether you are confident and can somebody confuse you easily. Few puzzles were also asked

Interview Questions

• None, They check for presence of mind. Don't want correct answers just want to check your logic and way of thinking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were giving highest package in our university. No negotiations as had university placement.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) in September 2010.

Interview

1 Aptitude and essay test. 3 rounds of interview which includes 2 technical and one HR interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No increment

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Pune (India)).

Interview

The Interview Process comprised of 2 rounds, The technical and HR rounds.
    Technical Round : Basic Data Structure Question and a question about averages.
    HR: It was quite easy for us as we had applied for software development.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India).

Interview

Technical MCQ test -> 2 technical rounds -> HR round
    MCQ test is easy, you can solve it in half an hour. Aptitude paper was also there but it was for freshers. Experienced people are asked to only give technical test.

Interview Questions

• Asked OOPS concepts, mostly on interfaces and abstract classes. They ask almost all basic concepts with example like, interfaces, abstract classes, polymorphism, data hiding, access modifiers, events, basic multi-threading etc.
      Asked me to write a program to find 2nd largest number from the list.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Pune (India)).

Interview

This was my campus hiring interview.
    1 Aptitude round
    2 Technical Interviews where you will be thoroughly grilled. Focus is on data structures and you should have good knowledge of any one programming language (minimum).
    1 HR round. This is almost just for formality. If you reach till this stage 90% of your work here is done. Unless, you pull off a lot of red flags.

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you detect if a linked list is a circular one.
      2. Stuff about garbage collector in java.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Recruitment was a three step process. Aptitude test, followed by technical and HR Interview. Technical interview lasted for 1+ hours. Test of fundamentals of programming, networking and security. Interviewer also tested problem solving skills.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune City (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Pune City (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

There were four rounds.
    1. Technical Aptitude : Contained questions based on all the subjects from computer branch like DBMS, CO, Analytical C/C++, Networking, etc. The overall level was very difficult.
    2. Group Discussions : This round is very interesting for Persistent. The HR was a brilliant personality and was very confident with his methods. The topic of the discussion was about demonetization. They just check your language fluency and body language in this round. Confidence matters the most.
    3. Technical Interviews
    4. HR Interview

Interview Questions

• I got rejected from the group discussion round.   1 Answer