Perspective Advertising Marketing Communications Assistant - Public Relations Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Marketing Communications Assistant - Public Relations Management

Interviews at Perspective Advertising

1 Interview Review

2.0

Marketing Communications Assistant - Public Relations Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising.

Interview

I was contacted a day or two after submitting my resume by their HR department to set up a first interview. Was told to bring copy of my resume and SALARY requirements. When I came in to interview, there was several other candidates waiting in line ahead of me. The interview started about 20 minutes behind our scheduled time. The interview was somewhat informal and I was told that the purpose was to put a face with the resume.

After we started talking, I began to realize that the position was very loosely based on what was stated in the job description. Employees are expected to travel around Home Depots in the area and sign customers up for consultations from Home Depot's design staff. Employees make minimum wage and receive a commission for each customer they sign up for the HD program. When I asked if we were on the same page about the job i was interviewing for, I was told that the position is "PR management" because I would be dealing with the public. Okay?

I was told that I could be promoted within two weeks. Doubtful.

Could make +$800/wk signing customers up for HD services. Doubtful.

I received a call later in the day to set up a second interview. Unfortunately, I was no longer interested. I don't want to join an organization when I am already questioning the integrity of the company.

Turn offs:
-Called off work for a preliminary interview that had zero weight on securing the position.
-Was told both by HR and the job posting that the position was salaried. It is not.
-About 90% of the job responsibilities listed on their online posting are not responsibilities of the position that they are offering you.

Perspective needs to be more honest in their job descriptions and provide more information during the first phone interview.

Misleading job posting. Misleading phone interview. Misleading compensation.