Perspective Advertising Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Perspective Advertising

2.1

PR Opening Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising (Farmington Hills, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was granted a preliminary phone call within a day or two. The job description was a bit wishy washy but involved customer facing interaction which drew me. HR annoyed the crap out of me even before entering the interview with (count them!) 3 confirmation's of my appointment, the final email confirmation arriving WHILE I was at the interview. I arrived at the office prior to my appointment time and was asked to fill out a short form regarding my past work experience, references and education. This is extremely annoying because clearly, I was asked to bring a hard copy of my resume and also submitted one online at the time of the application. The office itself is a bit quirky and tiny but the staff was gracious and friendly. I was called in 40 minutes after my scheduled interview slot and there were several candidates in line before and ahead of me. The interview itself was basic. My interviewer "Ben" was intelligent, well put together and passionate about the future of the company. I understand that due to their promotion structure I would have to wait anywhere from 6 months to 3 years to get to the management level I was at currently. They mentioned large expansion in the coming months - great company for go getters or young professionals just starting out in the industry. I assume the growth potential is fantastic. Not a position for me, but I see potential for other young candidates. The staff overall was VERY young, very few faces over 25 or 30. However, as the company only promotes from within - I left the interview still not understanding exactly what the position entails. The structure wasn't a good fit for me and I declined a second round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my background, what drew me to the position and if it sounded like it was something I was interested in.   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Assistant - Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising (Farmington Hills, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

Just read the other reviews. Everything went too fast and sounded too good. My second interview is tomorrow (I will not be going, now that I have hind sight of the situation). During the first in-person interview, other applicants were coming and going. I was told that of the hundred + people that applied, 20 were chosen, then 5 will be chosen then 1. Sounds fancy, right?

The office is in the back corner of a complex, small and a bit out dated. cheap walls, no real decoration other than a small DaVinci sketch. Nothing with their name on it other than a sign in the window. Doors were old and creaky. And they boast about having connections with AT&T and Home Depot.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any. Canned questions for canned answers.   Answer Question

Research and having interviewed for a pyramid scheme before.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising in September 2014.

Interview

My friend worked with perspective and always tells me how much fun he has at his job, so I sent my resume' in. After a few days I received a call saying it was looked over and that because one of the supervisors recommend me they wanted to sit down with me one on one. The interview was about an hour and a half. The hiring manager was pretty nice, and super straight forward from the jump. I was a little bit nervous because I only have serving experience in my background, but marketing is something I wanted to try. I was attracted mainly to the clients that Perspective works with.

Upon leaving the interview several of the employees were walking in, each one introduced themselves to me and shook my hand. Even though it seemed like there was a party going on, every one appeared professional.

Interview Questions

• If hired what is the biggest strength I bring to the table?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online for both the social media manager and the marketing associate job and the next day got a call from them to come in for an interview the day after. Fine, sounds good. I came in expecting that I would be asked about my social media managing experience, but instead I found I was interviewing for a marketing associate job! Granted, I applied for both, but I had spoken to someone over the phone and was told that I was being interviewed for a non-commission position.

Surprise, surprise. It's commission-based, and it involves going to places like Home Depot and "interacting with the customer", which in this case means demonstrations. This is not what I was expecting, and considering that I have a physical limitation preventing me from standing for long periods I'm not following up with them.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I interviewed at Perspective Advertising (Farmington Hills, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

Initial communication was really quick after I submitted my application and resume. The office was nice, well-decorated and comfortable. They mistook me for someone else when I first came in, but it was quickly cleared up and they sorted it out. Everyone well-dressed and very personable. It was a quick interview to begin and I was called back for a second, lengthier interview in the field. I decided not to take the second interview because I wasn't interested in event marketing (going into stores and selling things), but it was easy to get excited about their company from listening to the person I was interviewing with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you became frustrated with someone and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

I had other jobs I was more interested in and that went more along the lines of want I really want to do in the future.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising (Farmington Hills, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

My basic experience was similar to others in that I felt the advertisement for the position was misleading. Initial phone contact seemed exciting, but the office was very shabby, so bad impression right away. In the interview, you know they are not interested in your experience, our barely even your skills. Towards the end of this initial interview, the interviewer stress to me that they will call me that day between 3 and 5, even saying if I didn't answer the phone they would assume I wasn't interested and move on. Yeah, ok... They didn't call. They wasted my time running through as many applicants as possible (as you can see from other reviews). Not a very respectable company in my opinion.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising.

Interview

The interview process is really fast and easy. They hire everyone because the turnover is so high. People quit and/or get fired all the time. The boss is really nice and the office is OK, but you don't spend any time really in the office except for morning meetings.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's a 100% commission job. I feel like they don't explain that enough in the interview. If you don't make minimum wage via commission they will pay you hourly ($7.40 an hour) but then you have to pay that back to them once your commission check is bigger. Read the electronic documents they make you sign!

Public Relations Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising in May 2014.

Interview

Perspective Advertising called me in for an interview after seeing that I recently graduated with a degree in communications. The woman that called me was really cheerful and nice. Unlike other companies it seemed like she actually looked at my resume and she felt that I would be a good fit for an open public relations position. When I arrived to the interview I was impressed by the energy by all of the employees. My interview was pretty early in the morning so people that work for the company started to come in while I was sitting in the lobby. Every person that walked in the door shook my hand and introduced them self to me. It made me feel really welcomed.

I interviewed with Matt. He explained a basic over view of what I would be doing and the importance that Perspective Advertising is to their clients. He seemed very nice, and interested in learning about me. I went on a few other interviews in the area and they were definitely not as interested in my qualifications. Matt told me that I would receive a call later that day if I was chosen for another interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that sets you aside from any other candidate?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising.

Interview

I was contacted a day or two after submitting my resume by their HR department to set up a first interview. Was told to bring copy of my resume and SALARY requirements. When I came in to interview, there was several other candidates waiting in line ahead of me. The interview started about 20 minutes behind our scheduled time. The interview was somewhat informal and I was told that the purpose was to put a face with the resume.

After we started talking, I began to realize that the position was very loosely based on what was stated in the job description. Employees are expected to travel around Home Depots in the area and sign customers up for consultations from Home Depot's design staff. Employees make minimum wage and receive a commission for each customer they sign up for the HD program. When I asked if we were on the same page about the job i was interviewing for, I was told that the position is "PR management" because I would be dealing with the public. Okay?

I was told that I could be promoted within two weeks. Doubtful.

Could make +$800/wk signing customers up for HD services. Doubtful.

I received a call later in the day to set up a second interview. Unfortunately, I was no longer interested. I don't want to join an organization when I am already questioning the integrity of the company.

Turn offs:
    -Called off work for a preliminary interview that had zero weight on securing the position.
    -Was told both by HR and the job posting that the position was salaried. It is not.
    -About 90% of the job responsibilities listed on their online posting are not responsibilities of the position that they are offering you.

Perspective needs to be more honest in their job descriptions and provide more information during the first phone interview.

Misleading job posting. Misleading phone interview. Misleading compensation.

"PR and Communications" Interview

Interview

Sketchy. Will probably hire anyone

This is one of a myriad of companies advertising for "PR and Communications Specialists" that is, in reality, hiring product demonstrators. If you look into the background of this company, you will find that the owner has had a few similar companies before, all of which have dead web pages.