Perspective Advertising Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Perspective Advertising Interview Questions

Interviews at Perspective Advertising

2.1

Misleading Marketing Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising.

Interview

Don't get your hopes up with this disorganized company! It is obvious that many of the reviews online for this company are written by biased "so called" managers. The interview process was a joke. I applied online and received a call the next day from the HR Director. She seemed pleasant and helpful on the phone. She informed me that "hiring managers have looked over my resume and would love for me to come in for an interview." Excited, I went in the next day for an interview.

Upon arrival, the HR Director was not as nice compared to when I spoke with her via phone. I received no greeting, just "Please fill this out." She handed me a basic application form. I kindly thanked her and sat down to begin filling out the application. I kid you not, while filling out the application, the HR Director and receptionist began calling several other applicants informing them that "hiring managers have looked over your resume and would love for you to come in for an interview." Sound familiar? They were calling other applicants trying to fill the position I applied for WHILE I WAS SITTING RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM. In my opinion, that was desperate and a very rude.

The job posting was VERY misleading. The posting stated that the position was salary-based and was concentrated in advertising and marketing. I was interviewed by the CEO of the firm. When I asked about the responsibilities of the job, he danced around the subject and informed me that "we don't do traditional advertising here." When I asked for more detail, he stated that "employees go to The Home Depot and speak with potential home-buyers about getting an estimate." Um, that's not advertising, IT'S CONTRACT SALES. He then informed me that the position was commission based, NOT salary.

I then said, "I noticed that your website doesn't list the companies you work with, may I ask which companies you work with?" The CEO's response: "Well let me explain, we work with so many companies and do so many things that we just don't post it because people wouldn't understand." Well, okay then?

My advice is.. be very cautious if you are considering employment with this organization. I was offered a second interview, but politely withdrew from consideration. If you are seeking employees for your company, don't be so misleading on your job posting. Period.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising.

Interview

The human resources manager is very prompt when contacting you, over the phone they ask a few simple questions (such as do you know the area well or can you work the availability). There are three rounds of interview with the first being one just getting to know you and seeing how your goals and characteristics would fit within the company.

The second interview requires you to travel to an on-site location with whom I assume will be your team leader, it is up to that person's recommendations whether or not you are hired. During that you go over the company structure, are asked a few questions, and see a glimpse of what the job would entitle. I was hired during the second interview so I cannot say what the third interview would consist of. Later I asked a co-worker what exactly the third interview would be and all they said was that it was paper work, which makes me think you will know whether or not you are hired by the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What would make you a great leader?   1 Answer

Negotiation

My advice to those considering an offer would be to not to focus on the figures given out in the second interview, but to focus on what the job responsibilities are and if that is something you can see yourself doing day in and day out 6 days a week.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising (Farmington Hills, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

They called me in response to a resume i submitted online, just because I was thinking of entering a new field. I flat-out asked the girl who called me if this was a commission-based sales structure to which she replied 'no'. I agreed to come into the interview based on that. When I get there-on time, mind you-they have me wait in this tiny area, WERE THEY PROCEED TO CALL PEOPLE to interview for the SAME POSITION I am interviewing for now! How. Unprofessional. Can they possibly be. They must have set 10 interviews while I was waiting to be called back. Anyway, they finally call me back into this little room and start explaining things-not normal interview questions. "This was more of a meet and greet." I knew right away it wasnt what it seemed...he started talking about the structure, basically going on explaining about the 'training' which, from what I could gather, involved soliciting people at home depot for appointments for home improvements for about 10 hours a day. I actually stopped him in the middle of talking, asked him if this was commission-based, and of course he replied 'yes'(even after I was specifically told no on the phone) so I stopped the interview. I explained to him the individual
    Who called me lied to me on the phone to get me there and that I was not happy about wasting my time. I took a personal day from work, wasted my gas/time and this was a totally misleading position. Do not waste your time unless you want to be working for these boneheads for basically free, spending over half your day out there making them money. Not for me, I'm good, thanks. I assume that the people who call are more like appointment setters, who probably get paid based on how many people they get to come in...so be careful about this company is my point-if they scam you to get you into the door, there are probably many other times they will screw you/take advantage of you.

Interview Questions

I refuse to work for a company like that, where they like to get you into the door. I also have absolutely no interest to work on commission(which i made perfectly clear during my phone conversation.)

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising (Farmington Hills, MI) in July 2013.

Interview

The building was a bit hard to find but I called the office number, I assume it was the admin that answered. She was very helpful with giving me turn by turn directions help. There are 3 rounds of interview process that you will undergo, sadly, I was never called back after the 2nd round Interview.

Interview Questions

• Make sure to check you spam inbox. Cause they do send you a direction email.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising (Farmington Hills, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

This company should honestly be shut down. Pyramid scheme. There were 15 other people in the "lobby" waiting to interview for the same position. Real professional! They say, "Make sure you answer the phone when we call, or else we will pick someone else for the job." I really wished I would have missed their call. Biggest waste of time I have ever experienced! At NO point did I receive proper training. Here is the BESTTTTT PART!!! Two days of "training" and they send me off on my own. CLUELESS, I go to Home Depot, but have to stay out of the Kitchen and Bathroom departments... AND TRY TO SELL KITCHEN AND BATHROOM RENOVATIONS! Counter-intuitive? Yes! But wait, it gets better! I was degraded by 90% of the people I asked! I was prompted to ask, "Are you a home-owner?" If they were not, I was prompted to say, "I'm sorry, this is for home-owners only" I would have degraded me too! PLEASE TAKE MY ADVISE AND NOT EVEN CONSIDER THESE PEOPLE. The only positive reviews they have on Glassdoor are clearly from the CEO and internal staff who sit at a desk all day as their minions go and make them money. What a JOKE this place is. This job would be for someone with no life who enjoys working 7 days a week for really long hours.