Perspective Advertising Marketing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Perspective Advertising Marketing Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Perspective Advertising

2.0

Marketing Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online through indeed.com and received a call the next day. I was asking to come in for an interview the next day. Met with Ben who was very nice. This was an informal interview, just getting an overview on the company and what the position entailed.

Interview Questions

• This was an easy interview. All the basic questions. Why do you want this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Perspective Advertising

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising (Farmington, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

What this place does should be illegal. They lure you in with a "marketing associate" position, when it's not really that at all. You basically will be doing demonstrations at Home Depot, and demonstrations for their other clients, trying to convince people to sign up for services.

I went in for a first interview with Ben. He's a fast, smooth talker. Good for him. But I could barely get any real information out of him about the position. He talked about how Perspective Advertising really values face to face communication, instead of relying on digital marketing. He went on to say that they like to show customers exactly what they're getting instead of fancy marketing techniques. I finally asked what that meant, and what exactly I would be doing - demonstrations? He really tried to avoid talking about it - he replied "this is just a preliminary interview, where I get to know you - we will get more into what the position entails in the second interview, if you are chosen." Pretty condescending. They expect you to sell yourself in an interview but they don't want to talk about the position.

The funniest thing he said - "Look, can I be honest with you? I'm not really looking for another marketing associate. (I was interviewing for "marketing associate") Any monkey can do marketing. It doesn't take a genius. I'm looking for someone I can move up into management, and fast."

Declined an offer for a second interview. Pretty sure the position is commission based.

Declined second interview

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online for both the social media manager and the marketing associate job and the next day got a call from them to come in for an interview the day after. Fine, sounds good. I came in expecting that I would be asked about my social media managing experience, but instead I found I was interviewing for a marketing associate job! Granted, I applied for both, but I had spoken to someone over the phone and was told that I was being interviewed for a non-commission position.

Surprise, surprise. It's commission-based, and it involves going to places like Home Depot and "interacting with the customer", which in this case means demonstrations. This is not what I was expecting, and considering that I have a physical limitation preventing me from standing for long periods I'm not following up with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising (Farmington Hills, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

My basic experience was similar to others in that I felt the advertisement for the position was misleading. Initial phone contact seemed exciting, but the office was very shabby, so bad impression right away. In the interview, you know they are not interested in your experience, our barely even your skills. Towards the end of this initial interview, the interviewer stress to me that they will call me that day between 3 and 5, even saying if I didn't answer the phone they would assume I wasn't interested and move on. Yeah, ok... They didn't call. They wasted my time running through as many applicants as possible (as you can see from other reviews). Not a very respectable company in my opinion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Perspective Advertising (Farmington Hills, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

They called me in response to a resume i submitted online, just because I was thinking of entering a new field. I flat-out asked the girl who called me if this was a commission-based sales structure to which she replied 'no'. I agreed to come into the interview based on that. When I get there-on time, mind you-they have me wait in this tiny area, WERE THEY PROCEED TO CALL PEOPLE to interview for the SAME POSITION I am interviewing for now! How. Unprofessional. Can they possibly be. They must have set 10 interviews while I was waiting to be called back. Anyway, they finally call me back into this little room and start explaining things-not normal interview questions. "This was more of a meet and greet." I knew right away it wasnt what it seemed...he started talking about the structure, basically going on explaining about the 'training' which, from what I could gather, involved soliciting people at home depot for appointments for home improvements for about 10 hours a day. I actually stopped him in the middle of talking, asked him if this was commission-based, and of course he replied 'yes'(even after I was specifically told no on the phone) so I stopped the interview. I explained to him the individual
    Who called me lied to me on the phone to get me there and that I was not happy about wasting my time. I took a personal day from work, wasted my gas/time and this was a totally misleading position. Do not waste your time unless you want to be working for these boneheads for basically free, spending over half your day out there making them money. Not for me, I'm good, thanks. I assume that the people who call are more like appointment setters, who probably get paid based on how many people they get to come in...so be careful about this company is my point-if they scam you to get you into the door, there are probably many other times they will screw you/take advantage of you.

Interview Questions

I refuse to work for a company like that, where they like to get you into the door. I also have absolutely no interest to work on commission(which i made perfectly clear during my phone conversation.)