Pet Supplies Plus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pet Supplies Plus Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.0

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I provided a personally tailored resume and cover letter, references from the executive directors of the local area animal shelters from my time volunteering there, and a list of just some of my awards during my time as a dog handler (including two national championships), plus a year of work experience as a cashier (I'm only 17) and I was still recived and email stating that they had "decided to pursue candidates with better qualifications." Pretty sure I only even got a response was because I called the store to ask if there were any updates on my resume after waiting for over two weeks, and I just heard back a few days after the call.

Store Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Defiance, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus (Defiance, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was simple, but found it kind of odd how it was not an individual interview-their was another candidate there as well. Before the interview started the interviewer informed me she was an "assistant" to the supervisor and the supervisor would be conducting our SECOND interview which I found really odd for a job that pays close to minimum wage. She asked simple questions off of a sheet and then explained that their were 3 different positions available: stocker, Pet Care, and cashier which was not explained in the application. It was not a negative experience however just very weird compared to other interviews for minimum wage positions.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Interview

Interview was comfortable, and direct questions relating to the position you applied for are asked. The interviewer was very knowledgable about all aspects of the companies culture and differences in the quality of the store brand and commercial brand products. I would love to mentor on his watch.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a disgruntled or upset team member.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus.

Interview

It was pretty simple and concise, only a question or two about the job and then it was all about your schedule. The interviewer was very nice and laid back, not very structured. After the questions I was asked to sign a consent for a background check and told she would call me when they knew the results.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus.

Interview

The process leading up to it was fine. The in-person interview was incredibly long and questions asked were odd, like what my GPA was in college. The interviewers asked very vague questions and I needed to ask them clarifying questions as they didn't seem to even know what they were asking. They told me I'd hear from them sometime in the next week after my interview but it was over two weeks that I heard back and they didn't even have the decency to let me know I didn't get the job with a phone call - they emailed me! You should always call your candidates that came in for a in-person interview....

Store Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus in April 2017.

Interview

I applied and got a call the next day asking if I could come in the following afternoon for an interview. The interview was less than 5 minutes. He asked me to tell him about myself, and the rest was him telling me what I'd do in this job, and hired me on the spot. Extremely simple, and a very chill environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Northport, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus (East Northport, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The mangager was in a bad mood I first walk in the store. I came 10 minutes early for the interview. During the interview hew was working he was really showing any interest of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in West Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus (West Columbia, SC).

Interview

Basic Interview. It's an entry level job and position. It is not too hard of an interview best for those looking to boost their income or work part time during school.

Interview Questions

• Could you lift up to 50+ lbs, prior experience, goals in life/with the company, why interested in working there   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus.

Interview

They asked me about ten basic questions then told me I was hired. They just ask about your availability and if you will like being in that environment. They honestly don't really care that much so don't worry. Just dress business casual and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working with animals?
      When can you start?
      How flexible are your hours?
      Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus in February 2017.

Interview

Enormous waste of time.
    With over 15 years retail experience and three years experience with a primary competitor, I applied for a store manager job with Pet Supplies Plus. I filled out the lengthy online application and was given a call by the corporate office and told to take the also lengthy assessment. I had a long phone interview with a corporate recruiter, probably about 45 minutes or so. About 5 days later I received a call from the district manager wanting to set up an interview. I was told this location was in rough shape and was having personal difficulties it would make sense then that you would want to get a manager into the store as soon as possible to begin rebuilding. I guess that makes sense to everyone except the folks at Pet Supplies Plus, because after two and a half months the post thing is still on their website for applicants to submit to. I called to check the status of the job posting and was told there were still interviewing, and have over 40 applicants to interview.... I understand you want to select the best person at all but when you go this route you end up having so many choices that as we see it takes months to fill a position that needs to be filled rather quickly. This is a fairly competitive area and I think I Now understand why they have so few stores in this market.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the past to motivate the team to sell?   Answer Question