Pet Supplies Plus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Pet Supplies Plus

1.9

Pet Groomer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus (Madison, AL) in March 2018.

Interview

Filled out and turned in application (2 weeks later)
    Interview 1 with store manager (About 2-3 days later)
    Interview 2 with store owners (Found out of got the job that day)
    Called about a week or two later with my start dare

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have in the pet industry?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus (Chicago, IL) in July 2018.

Interview

I interviewed in front of the 3 head people of the company. Was nervous at first but they made me super comfortable. Interview took an hour. They called me not even 24 hours later and gave me an offer... I accepted (:

Interview Questions

• What do you have to offer to pet supplies plus?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishkill, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus (Fishkill, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Began with a 20 minute phone interview. Got face to face interview w/store manager, Yay. Attended that, about 45 minutes, many of the same ?'s done over phone. Wanted any ?'s I had. Not in any hurry to hire for position; said there were 5 or 6 others they are considering and job was still posted so if any others they like come forward they will be in running too. They will let me know either way if I am getting a 2nd interview. I may also have to have a 3rd interview with District Manager but they are not sure. That's 4 interviews for an under 40K job which may take up to 5 or 6 weeks to know if you have it even though resume meets All requirements.

Interview Questions

• What job on my resume I liked most and why and not my job when I worked in a pet shop.   1 Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus (Detroit, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

The manager took me out through the back door, lit up a cigarette, and asked me questions about whether I could repeatedly lift 50 Lb, if I had any allergies, and if I was good with animals. She ended up giving me the job right after the interview, probably because of unwillingness to look through the other applications. A very relaxed interview process, but that's probably only because this manager was pretty cool.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus (Plano, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Brought into office and asked questions about myself, why I might be a good employee. Mainly questions about how I would get along with people and coworkers. Interview ended with being informed of how many other people had interviewed and that I might or might not be called back.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus.

Interview

Was scheduled for a 4-hour interview at the HQ. Was interviewed by 6 different people and basically asked the same questions over and over again throughout the entire process. Rather than traditional interview questions, they asked me things like "what pets do you have" as well as "what food do you feed your animals?" During the 4 hours, a cockatoo squawked and yelled throughout the interviews, which was very distracting as well. Overall the interviewers seemed polite, however, there was one that stood out as condescending and rude, and continually checked their phone throughout the interview. After the long process they told me I'd hear back from them in about a week or so.

Interview Questions

• What kind of pets do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus (Chicago, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

They will call you and set up a time for you to come in and talk with them. I was interviewed by two managers and it was a very relaxed setting, they explained a little about themselves then talked about the company and what they stood for.

Interview Questions

• They gave me scenarios and asked how I would handle them and I was asked to describe my pervious work experience and why I wanted to work for the company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in East Northport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus (East Northport, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call a day or so later to come in for an interview. The interview was fairly short; about a half an hour at the most, with very generic questions with open-ended type answers.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work here? AND DON'T SAY IT'S BECAUSE YOU LIKE PETS.   Answer Question
    • Q: What would you do if you saw a coworker steal a dollar from the register for a bottle of water?   Answer Question
    • Q: What would you do if you saw coworkers doing something dangerous?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus (Fort Wayne, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

I came in to a convention room and had to wait to be interviewed. A quiet man asked me basic questions and had me give scenarios. I was in and out in 5 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Marys, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus (Saint Marys, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was between myself and the store manager & asst manager. They asked standard questions for an entry level job, some pet related questions as well. I received a job offer on the spot, along with an official offer via phone the next day. We completed any onboarding paperwork via emails with minimum in person relaying of information. I started the job the following week!

Interview Questions

• Do you have any pets?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time you felt you helped someone.   1 Answer
    • Your biggest strength?   1 Answer
    • What's your biggest weakness?   1 Answer