PetSmart Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 26, 2017

1.6

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

The total process took over 2 weeks. The first step is applying online. Then waiting for a nearby location to review the positions you applied for and call you in for an interview. The next step is the interview process and if you got hired on then you will have to go for a drug test, and standard background check. Once you pass the checkpoints, you'll officially be hired on as employee and be given a schedule for orientation and training.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?
    Why did you leave your previous work/What did you previously do for work?
    Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart in January 2015.

Interview

Easy interview asked what fears I have of specific breeds ,pet behavior, feeding ,cleaning strategy,why they should hire me and what I have to offer as an employee. Showed me the basic routine of the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Availability they are open everyday of the year   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Interview

Be prepared for at least two interviews. THe manager is using a interview guide. They are supposed to get you to role play on the sales floor. Do not go in and say how much you like puppies and kittens, you will not get hired. They want people that can SELL they want people that like pets. They do not want pet fanatics that are going to criticize every policy. They are looking for knowledge and sales.

Interview Questions

• Tell them how much you like to see the company make money and how much you like to help people find solutions for their pets. Tell them how you want to grow with the company   1 Answer

Negotiation

You are going to get what they can give. There is very little wiggle room. Upper management has to approve anything outside of guidelines and in the current PetSmart environment this will not happen. They wil simply make you an offer. Accept it or they will move on.

Associate Interview

Interview

Asked the manager if they were hiring and got two interviews right after that and got hired pretty much on the spot.

Interview Questions

• All questions were very basic and nothing you can't handle.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and non intimidating by any means. When I first got there the hiring manager greeted me and walked me towards his office where we conducted the interview, he asked me about my experience with dogs and we discussed my abilities. He explained everything very thoroughly to me to make sure the position was what I was looking for. Over all it was a very pleasant experience especially considering it was one of my very first interviews, ever.

Interview Questions

• How long I have been around dogs   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Castle Hills, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Castle Hills, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online and got a call about a month later. After getting the interview lined up the drug test took an additional 2 weeks to process. Despite the waiting the interview process was simple and easy. I suggest being yourself and not trying to answer questions the way you think the interviewer wants them to be answered.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty simple, asked for what I wanted and they gave it to me.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart in September 2012.

Interview

online than a couple of face to face interviews to determine how more than one manager feels about your fit into the current work force and with the company values.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much to negotiste

Anonymous Employee in Crestwood, Cook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Crestwood, Cook, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Two part interview. First interview was with one of several in-store managers, the second interview was with head manager of the store. It was short, low pressure but definitely a corporate vibe. The questions were typical and pretty easy (i.e. tell me about yourself). Most of the employees were those who were either working their way through college, did not go to college, or were older and retired so the bar for acceptance was not very high.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a challenge you faced and overcame?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Ventura, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

When I first applied for the job in 2010, I was called in about a month after I applied online and was interviewed for the position. I was asked about my positive attributes, my attitude, and my worst qualities. They also asked me about how I feel about animals and if I had pets. I got a call back within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is a negative quality that you have   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was hired at $9.10

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart in January 2009.

Interview

do you have any animals

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to talk with someone who was upset or needed to be calmed down   Answer Question