PetSmart Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

1.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Austin, TX).

Interview

I went in and was taken to an office by the front of the store. I was asked about availability,and if I was planning on going to college. Then, I was asked to come in the next day for a follow up interview.

Interview Questions

• What day can you absolutely not work?   1 Answer

Pet Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Round Rock, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

interviewed with two store managers and salon lead. everyone enthusiastic and welcoming. their expectations were listed very clearly and everyone was down to earth while their professionalism level was very evident to me. they listened attentively to my answers. they made sure i had no more questions.

Interview Questions

• mostly about my experience, level of expertise and my interest on being a part of the company.   1 Answer

Dog Bather Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Austin, TX).

Interview

There were three interviews. I can't remember who I interviewed with first, but I think it was one of the store managers. The second interview was done by an alternate store manager. The third was conducted by the salon manager. The steps were very simple and straightforward. Interview first and offer of employment and pay scale, background check and drug screening next and final communication regarding scheduling for training. The store staff was consistently timely in returning calls and I was able to get through to a manager almost immediately. The final meeting had to do with scheduling on-boarding training, which is paid. The overall experience was an easy one. They were thorough in explaining their expectations and commitment to their employees.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions had to do with my experience working with dogs. Since I had no prior professional grooming experience it was an opportunity to talk about my love of dogs and my experiences with the dogs I'd known and fostered.   1 Answer

Negotiation

That was relatively quick. They offered an hourly wage based on my experience, and I countered with an increase for life experience and cost of living. That was countered with a small increase and cap. I accepted.

Lead Pet Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (San Marcos, TX).

Interview

Basic questions asked (teamwork, faced with difficult situation, etc...) and it was very relaxed and not too formal. Definitely eases the situation when being interviewed. It was a one on one interview with the operations manager and after he told me I was hired, I was introduced to the pet care manager who was cleaning the tanks and had a quick "get to know each other" interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you made a positive impact out of a challenging situation.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? If I had previous pet care experience.   1 Answer

Professional Bather Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Austin, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I had two interviews. I applied online and then walked-in to introduce myself and schedule an interview. I interviewed with the ops manager first. He assured me grooming school was no contract. I then met with the salon manager for a personality interview, which was very relaxed and positive.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with animals?   1 Answer
    • How long do you see yourself in this field.   1 Answer

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart (Austin, TX) in June 2008.

Interview

I walked in inquiring as to whether they were hiring. It was a new store that had not opened for business yet. They said they were hiring, so I went in to an office to speak to the assistant manager and was hired right then.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating.