PetSmart Bather Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 5, 2018

2.0

65 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Clarksville, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

First, I did a phone interview, then went to the store the next day for an in person interview. I spoke with two managers separately. Both were very nice and asked some typical questions that were tweaked to fit the environment. I was offered the job in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to perform other jobs in the store when the salon is slow?   1 Answer
  • Are you prepared for being pooped/peednon and bitten?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Pensacola, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for a bathwr position and was interviews for everything except that position. I went through an intial group interview, which led to a secondary interview with my, now, immediate manager. That interview led to another 3 interviews, one with ever manager in the store; the store leader, assistant manager, customer service leader, and the salon manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to impromtu a sales pitch for my cell phone (which I had left in my car)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Santa Cruz, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Scheduled an interview with salon head. She had called out sick that day so I met with store manager. Were upfront about what bather was in that I would need to do a month long 40 hour a week training course to become a groomer.

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Filled out an application online and they called the next day to schedule an interview. I first interviewed with the store manager and he asked about why I wanted to work at PetSmart and what kind of animals I had of my own. Then I interviewed with the salon leader and she didn't really ask many questions she just explained the job then asked if I would take a drug screen that day. She said when the results come back she would contact me with instructions on how to start training.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

Short and to the point, very easy questions, had to call back several times to follow up and remind them to schedule 2nd and 3rd interview, people interviewing were very lax

Interview Questions

• Are you open to negative feedback?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Webster, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Webster, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

In total, the process took 4 days. I applied online(took the ridiculously long survey), and I was called two days later to schedule and interview for the next day. I met with the store manager, who hardly asked any of the basic interview questions. He was very friendly and easy to talk to, and we really only talked about my previous experience (I interned at an animal clinic) and he immediately offered me the job and sent me out for a drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Germantown, MD).

Interview

I got a call about a week after I applied. Went in for an interview with a store manager. 2 weeks later, I went in for an interview with the salon manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at PetSmart?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Brandon, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a few weeks later. Went in for the interview and it lasted about 5 minutes. Pretty easy. Now am waiting for a call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (North Fontana, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was called for an interview about 2 weeks after i applied. I interviewed with the salon manager first then called for a 2nd interview as soon as i got back from the first one. The 2nd interview was with the store manager.

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Lancaster, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was laid back and very quick. Not very many tough interview questions, mostly focused on availability, interest in grooming, commute, level of comfort with dogs, etc. They were extremely casual and easy to talk to. We talked about my college major (animal-related) and traffic. They told me how much money I could make once I become a groomer. I was spoken to as if I was already hired by the end of the interview. I was immediately sent for a drug test a few miles from the store.

I was called for the interview within 2 days of applying online, hired 5 days post-application (day after interview and drug test) after not being called from another location at all.

Side note: nothing at all was said about the multiple visible tattoos I have, and there was an employee with blue hair!

Interview Questions

• How are you in high-stress situations?   1 Answer
    • How comfortable are you handling dogs of any breed?   1 Answer
    • Are you interested in becoming a groomer?   1 Answer
    • How well do you get along with different personalities in the workplace?   1 Answer
    • Have you had to upsell before?   1 Answer