PetSmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.0

147 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Durham, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Very nice people and extremely positive experience. I enjoyed my conversation with the manager and look forward to my second interview tomorrow. I learned a lot about the job and the cross training process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Employee in Rockwall, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PetSmart (Rockwall, TX).

Interview

It was fast. I sat down in the managers office and was asked a series of questions and was told about the job. We then went on a tour around the store and signed papers.

Cashier Interview

Interview

I got there 20 minutes early and one of the managers told me to have a look around the store until the person interviewing me was ready, but no one ever told her I was there. I eventually found her, but she thought that I was late, despite being pretty early. The interview was pretty laid back, she was literally just reading questions of a piece of paper. She didn't seem too happy, but maybe she was just having a bad day. They said they'll call me.

Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Thornton, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Friendly & easy for the most part. 1st interview I had was with the assistant manager, only lasted about 5 minutes or so, and afterwards about a week went by and I hadn't heard back. So I called the store to follow up & the same woman who answered my call was the one who interviewed me. She didn't remember our interview and had lost the paperwork in the midst of getting the new store and other interview stuff together. So she had me come back for a 2nd one with the head supervisor, with whom I enjoyed being interviewed by since he was so laid back and friendly. I got hired on the spot and actually ended up with a position in pet care instead of cashier after 2nd interview and was asked to do a drug test within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any pets at home? & if so, name 3 things (besides food) you'd recommend to a customer purchasing said animal(s).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Okemos, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

I was called by their manager for an interview the next day and I showed up. During the interview, we were interrupted by the store shut down due to some power maintenance and was told to show up again for another interview. I showed up again, on time while the manager was still on the last interviewee who just showed up. I waited for them to finish, and the second interviewer basically told me the same thing the last interviewer told and asked me similar questions.

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Lafayette, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewer seemed nice and everything seemed to go well. He offered me the job and sent me for a drug screen. He suddenly became hard to reach and then after a week and a half, he told me he never hired me.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart in June 2017.

Interview

I applied and was called back less than a week later. It was an group interview. It was quite a few of us so they split us up into two different groups. The manager explained the cashier and stocker job, it was a mixture of us. The manager explained that there will be a three interview process before being hired. The manager then proceeded to ask us behavioral questions.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Two Interviews, one with assistant manager another a week later with the store leader. Both were really interesting and not that long maybe 20-30 minutes at most. Good company to work for, pay could be better

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Austin, TX).

Interview

I went in and was taken to an office by the front of the store. I was asked about availability,and if I was planning on going to college. Then, I was asked to come in the next day for a follow up interview.

Interview Questions

• What day can you absolutely not work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gilroy, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Gilroy, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

it was a group interview, was a bit competitive, didn't think i was being heard. overall they ask everyone the same question and everyone answers in their own way. it was quick and fast 30 min interview