PetSmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.0

144 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Thornton, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Friendly & easy for the most part. 1st interview I had was with the assistant manager, only lasted about 5 minutes or so, and afterwards about a week went by and I hadn't heard back. So I called the store to follow up & the same woman who answered my call was the one who interviewed me. She didn't remember our interview and had lost the paperwork in the midst of getting the new store and other interview stuff together. So she had me come back for a 2nd one with the head supervisor, with whom I enjoyed being interviewed by since he was so laid back and friendly. I got hired on the spot and actually ended up with a position in pet care instead of cashier after 2nd interview and was asked to do a drug test within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any pets at home? & if so, name 3 things (besides food) you'd recommend to a customer purchasing said animal(s).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Okemos, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

I was called by their manager for an interview the next day and I showed up. During the interview, we were interrupted by the store shut down due to some power maintenance and was told to show up again for another interview. I showed up again, on time while the manager was still on the last interviewee who just showed up. I waited for them to finish, and the second interviewer basically told me the same thing the last interviewer told and asked me similar questions.

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Lafayette, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewer seemed nice and everything seemed to go well. He offered me the job and sent me for a drug screen. He suddenly became hard to reach and then after a week and a half, he told me he never hired me.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart in June 2017.

Interview

I applied and was called back less than a week later. It was an group interview. It was quite a few of us so they split us up into two different groups. The manager explained the cashier and stocker job, it was a mixture of us. The manager explained that there will be a three interview process before being hired. The manager then proceeded to ask us behavioral questions.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Two Interviews, one with assistant manager another a week later with the store leader. Both were really interesting and not that long maybe 20-30 minutes at most. Good company to work for, pay could be better

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Austin, TX).

Interview

I went in and was taken to an office by the front of the store. I was asked about availability,and if I was planning on going to college. Then, I was asked to come in the next day for a follow up interview.

Interview Questions

• What day can you absolutely not work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gilroy, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Gilroy, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

it was a group interview, was a bit competitive, didn't think i was being heard. overall they ask everyone the same question and everyone answers in their own way. it was quick and fast 30 min interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Store Manager was very polite. Easy questions. I would say I got a call for an interview within a week. The interview questions they asked were pretty simple and straight forward.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Quick interview, maybe 15 minutes. I got another interview afterwards. Both asked me the same questions: why I wanted to work there, greatest strength, previous experience. Then they called me back to offer me the job, got drug tested, working a couple days after that.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

The interview was very easy, I basically got hired on the spot. The interview had two parts one with the manager and one with the assistant manager. Both managers were very laid back, they asked me about my past job experience and went over the duties involved with the position I applied for.