PetSmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PetSmart Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at PetSmart

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then received a call for an interview. The interviewer asked some questions about myself, any job experiences, and then a test run of trying to sale a product.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Williamsburg, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

show up, answer questions, they give you the number for a place to go to do drug testing, key thing is you need to be able to multitask here. If you can do that you'll survive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

had to do 3 interviews. there were 3 different managers to talk to. they each asked the same thing and just wanted follow ups. process took almost 2 weeks due to drug test and the background check.

Anonymous Employee in Moore, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Moore, OK) in October 2017.

Interview

Quick and easy that’s it and I took a drug test no biggie the manager acted like she could care less that I was there or not which was annoying I could tell she had no place being a manager

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Prattville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Prattville, AL) in December 2017.

Interview

I was called in for an interview the day after I filled out several applications. My interview was with the Assistant store manager, but I was lucky enough that the store manager was there and was able to conduct her interview after the ASM was done. Both were super friendly and didn't go out of their way to make me uncomfortable. I had a drug test the same day and they made it clear I was hired, I just needed to get through the rest of the process.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Boise, ID) in August 2017.

Interview

they sat me down and i met with one manager and then another manager separately. They acknowledged I was "too shy" and said they would call me. They did not give me the job at first but I eventually was offered it.

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Huntington Beach, CA).

Interview

I applied online directly on their site. They called me not long after, and the interview was pretty easy. The person interviewing me was pretty friendly, so it made things easier. Questions were generic and also included whether or not I'm familiar with working with animals, like them, or have any.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Baltimore, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process happened very quickly, I got a call to come in about a day after applying online, and had an interview with the manager in the store. The questions were pretty conventional for a retail store, with some questions about the types of animals I had handled previously, and the type of animals I would be comfortable handling if need be. The interview was probably about 20 minutes long total.

Interview Questions

• What kind of pets do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Henderson, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

I went into the managers office and was asked a few simple questions, mostly about my availability, and was basically hired on the spot. The interview was very relaxed and easy.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

I applied for the pet care associate position and the cashier position right before Christmas. Understandably, they did not get back to me until Jan 2nd. After that the process went very quickly. They called me for an interview for the cashier position and I believe we scheduled it for the next day. The hiring manager was really nice and the interview lasted about 10-15 minutes. When the interview was done she said she thought I would be a good fit. I did the drug test either that same day or the day after, and then a day or so after that I went to the store for training. They sit you in a back room on the computer and the online training takes a couple hours. You just watch a bunch of videos and take quizzes on them. Then a day or so after that I was able to start my first shift.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your responsibilities that you had at your previous job.   Answer Question
    • What process would you go through to help a customer determine what kind of leash or harness they should get their dog   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an experience you had dealing with an angry customer and how did you handle the situation   Answer Question