PetSmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PetSmart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Dec 24, 2016

2.0

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Quick interview, maybe 15 minutes. I got another interview afterwards. Both asked me the same questions: why I wanted to work there, greatest strength, previous experience. Then they called me back to offer me the job, got drug tested, working a couple days after that.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

The interview was very easy, I basically got hired on the spot. The interview had two parts one with the manager and one with the assistant manager. Both managers were very laid back, they asked me about my past job experience and went over the duties involved with the position I applied for.

Anonymous Employee in Bessemer, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Bessemer, AL) in November 2016.

Interview

It went very well. They could see my personality and my energy that I had wanting to work there. I have a love for animals and now the reptiles and hamsters.

Interview Questions

• What could I bring to the store?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Came in once and he asked me a few questions and if i think i would be able to perform the job I said yes and he said go pee in this cup

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

I applied online then got a call for an interview 3 days later. The guy who interviewed me was nice he asked if I had experience and basic interview questions. A day later they called me for a second interview with a different person and they had me act out how would i react to certain customer situations

Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Abingdon, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got called to set up the interview same day. Pretty basic interview, nothing too serious. They just read standard questions out of a book. If you have average critical thinking skills, you could probably get a job there. Only one interview, then they hire you and make you go somewhere to take a drug test within 24 hours

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Overall Average process. I applied online. After about a week, I hadn't heard anything so I went to the location. I asked to speak to the manager and explained I had applied online yet heard nothing so far. She had me wait while she looked it up. Then I was scheduled an interview. I came back after a few days for an interview and was hired.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Meet with 2 hiring managers, about 30-45 minutes, asked questions about what you would do in situations. Professional interview, be prepared to know about the company and have questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leominster, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Leominster, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was brought into the office and asked a series of questions based on previous situations I had been in. One of the associates interrupted the interview a few times which made me keep having to repeat myself. I was told I would know if they were interested within a day. A week later I got a call back for a second interview. Seems very unprofessional so far, we will see when I go in for the second.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you learned something.   Answer Question
    • How would you sell a customer a leash?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Extremely Easy. Asked me about myself and previous work history, hired on the spot even though I was over-qualified. Interviewed with two different people, store leader and assistant store leader. Handed me a form for a drug screen.

Interview Questions

• How many pets do you have?   1 Answer