PetSmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.7

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Okemos, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

I was called by their manager for an interview the next day and I showed up. During the interview, we were interrupted by the store shut down due to some power maintenance and was told to show up again for another interview. I showed up again, on time while the manager was still on the last interviewee who just showed up. I waited for them to finish, and the second interviewer basically told me the same thing the last interviewer told and asked me similar questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart in June 2017.

Interview

I applied and was called back less than a week later. It was an group interview. It was quite a few of us so they split us up into two different groups. The manager explained the cashier and stocker job, it was a mixture of us. The manager explained that there will be a three interview process before being hired. The manager then proceeded to ask us behavioral questions.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

I applied online then got a call for an interview 3 days later. The guy who interviewed me was nice he asked if I had experience and basic interview questions. A day later they called me for a second interview with a different person and they had me act out how would i react to certain customer situations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leominster, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Leominster, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was brought into the office and asked a series of questions based on previous situations I had been in. One of the associates interrupted the interview a few times which made me keep having to repeat myself. I was told I would know if they were interested within a day. A week later I got a call back for a second interview. Seems very unprofessional so far, we will see when I go in for the second.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you learned something.   Answer Question
    • How would you sell a customer a leash?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Hampton, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online November 2015 and got an interview in December 3 weeks after applying. I followed up with the manager in person once after applying. The interview was average. I was told they would call me for a second interview after the manager spoke with the assistant manager about the which candidates they would call. I never got a call for a second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days for a one on one interview. The manager didn't know that she was going interview me so it took a few minutes to get ready. I did not have any previous work experience and the questions mostly dealt with work experience. She skipped those questions and asked me a few basic questions like how I would deal with angry customers. It was a very short interview.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart in July 2015.

Interview

I got called for an interview a month after applying. It was a group interview with about 12 other people. We were interviewed by two people. With a group interview, they are looking to see how you are with multiple people, but it can feel like the hunger games in there. You have to be able to stand out in a group of people. Make sure you answer every question. And make sure that when they ask for questions at the end, you ask at least one. You want to look prepared in comparison to everyone else.

Interview Questions

• If you could be an animal, what would it be, and why?   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Costa Mesa, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Like most any other interview. Nothing abnormal or out of the ordinary. I was disappointed though and here is why. I went in for an initial interview, a department manager interviewed me. The pro was she was kind, sweet and genuine. We talked alot and I felt we genuinely got along. I felt I answered all of her questions beyond satisfactory. Yet, the interview was lengthy and extensive. Because of the rapport I felt we built, and how well I felt I did in the interview I was quite disappointed when she told me that she was going to set up a second interview with the store manager.

I'm getting really tired of going through these extensive interviews for these entry level, no brained jobs, makes no sense to me.....get over yourselves!!!!

Then I did the second interview A WEEK LATER and just like the first interview, I nailed it. Yet I wasn't hired.......

Interview Questions

• Describe one time where you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lutherville Timonium, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Lutherville Timonium, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

The manager didn't show for first interview I was asked to come back a few hours later and at that time he was on a conference call asked to come back again in the morning. At that time I was told it was 3 4 hour shifts a week at 8.00.

Interview Questions

• Am I afraid of animals
      What kind of pets I had
      What would you need to set up a reptiles tank
      What kind of dog food would I recommend   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alhambra, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Alhambra, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

They called me about three days after I applied and asked me to come in a few days later to be interviewed. When I arrived there were seven other candidates waiting, and one interviewer joined us shortly after. It was a fairly easygoing interview - quite conversational (interviewer was very friendly). Each of us were asked four or five questions. The whole thing took 45 minutes maximum. I was happy for the opportunity for interview practice, but, as another reviewer mentioned, it was clear that they were looking for someone with considerable retail experience, and that wasn't in my background.