PetSmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.0

137 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

I applied online then got a call for an interview 3 days later. The guy who interviewed me was nice he asked if I had experience and basic interview questions. A day later they called me for a second interview with a different person and they had me act out how would i react to certain customer situations

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Abingdon, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got called to set up the interview same day. Pretty basic interview, nothing too serious. They just read standard questions out of a book. If you have average critical thinking skills, you could probably get a job there. Only one interview, then they hire you and make you go somewhere to take a drug test within 24 hours

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Overall Average process. I applied online. After about a week, I hadn't heard anything so I went to the location. I asked to speak to the manager and explained I had applied online yet heard nothing so far. She had me wait while she looked it up. Then I was scheduled an interview. I came back after a few days for an interview and was hired.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Meet with 2 hiring managers, about 30-45 minutes, asked questions about what you would do in situations. Professional interview, be prepared to know about the company and have questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leominster, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Leominster, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was brought into the office and asked a series of questions based on previous situations I had been in. One of the associates interrupted the interview a few times which made me keep having to repeat myself. I was told I would know if they were interested within a day. A week later I got a call back for a second interview. Seems very unprofessional so far, we will see when I go in for the second.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you learned something.   Answer Question
    • How would you sell a customer a leash?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Extremely Easy. Asked me about myself and previous work history, hired on the spot even though I was over-qualified. Interviewed with two different people, store leader and assistant store leader. Handed me a form for a drug screen.

Anonymous Employee in Sand City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Sand City, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called to schedule an interview. I passed both interviews and was sent on a drug test. I didn't hear back from them for another month.

Interview Questions

• Typical retail but emphasis on animals. Do you have pets, are you comfortable around animals, are you willing to clean up after them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

First interview was straight forward, they ask a lot of questions that are strange and a little subjective. Second interview, which I thought was strange considering it's a retail job, was also basically straight forward but again was asked some weird things.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Hampton, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online November 2015 and got an interview in December 3 weeks after applying. I followed up with the manager in person once after applying. The interview was average. I was told they would call me for a second interview after the manager spoke with the assistant manager about the which candidates they would call. I never got a call for a second interview.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart in November 2015.

Interview

Saw a new store opening applied online got a call the next day wanting me to come in for a interview
    And it was basically really laid back and easy questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None you take what they give you

See What PetSmart Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Pet Care Associate in Dallas, TX

Pros: “Love working with different types of animals. In charge of reptiles, rodents, birds, and fish. This is a great opportunity to learn about proper habitat and temperatures for animals...”“Love working with different types of animals. In charge of reptiles, rodents, birds, and fish. This is a great opportunity to learn about proper habitat and temperatures for animals. Anyone looking for a career in Agricultural, veterinarian or simply love all animals should go for this career. Its a great way to meet new people. Learn about different adoption ageancies and help others. Petsmart is very community friendly. We do different events throughout the year. Very liberal and fun company. Managers, co workers and most of the pet parents are awesome.” – Full Review