PetSmart Dog Bather Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

1.8

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very laid back and she was distracted but still very attentive. The interviewer made sure I knew she was like a mother figure and would send anyone to training school if offered the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Went very well. Accepted the job. Asked if I had any prior experience with dealing or handling animals. Which I had about 2 years of from working in a kennel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Houston, TX).

Interview

There were 3 interviews total, with the manger in the groomer department, department manager, and store manager. They were each about 10-15 mins. This was at the wesheimer and dunvale location. They were easy to talk to and friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Everett, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly and attentive and answered my questions promptly and got to me swiftly.Told me more or less when to expect a call and was very courteous! The questions were kind of impersonal but she tried to get the whole picture from me and put me at ease

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were asked to do something you had no knowledge on   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Beaverton, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

Asked me questions on why do i want to work this position? Also why petsmart of all the pet stores? They asked me if i would'nt have any objections on working in any other departments? How flexible i would be even though i was a part time applicant? They wanted to know if had any issue working and cleaning up any gross things like pee, poop, puss, blood, and what not? Real easy and quick about 10-15 mins. They did ask me to sell anything to them. Two interviews then off to the drug test in about a two week process. I got a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why i wanted to work with animals, especially dogs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Albuquerque, NM) in September 2016.

Interview

Submitted an application online and got a call about 4 days later to ask if I could come in for an interview the next day. The interviewer was the lead dog groomer and asked about my previous experience, availability, and why I wanted the job. I was told in the interview that they were only looking for people who seriously want to do dog grooming as a long term career, so it didn't go any further than that.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Austin, TX).

Interview

There were three interviews. I can't remember who I interviewed with first, but I think it was one of the store managers. The second interview was done by an alternate store manager. The third was conducted by the salon manager. The steps were very simple and straightforward. Interview first and offer of employment and pay scale, background check and drug screening next and final communication regarding scheduling for training. The store staff was consistently timely in returning calls and I was able to get through to a manager almost immediately. The final meeting had to do with scheduling on-boarding training, which is paid. The overall experience was an easy one. They were thorough in explaining their expectations and commitment to their employees.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions had to do with my experience working with dogs. Since I had no prior professional grooming experience it was an opportunity to talk about my love of dogs and my experiences with the dogs I'd known and fostered.   1 Answer

Negotiation

That was relatively quick. They offered an hourly wage based on my experience, and I countered with an increase for life experience and cost of living. That was countered with a small increase and cap. I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Albany, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Two interviews with store managers. extensive online questionnaire and drug testing is required. Application takes about a month to review. Managers will not hire people who constantly check on status of application/ call store

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Mount Vernon, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

The Grooming manager was very friendly and sweet, she explained to me what the daily tasks would be. She also mentioned that the grooming section is its own little section and we would mostly be by ourselves. I was going to take that position but then the general manager came and said there are openings all over the store. I know now why. I would more than happily take the bathing position if I knew then what I know now. I didn't want to get bit so I took the General Managers offer to be a cashier. I felt bad for the Grooming manager because she did all the work looking though and finding me in the first place, then calling me and scheduling a time, giving me a tour, and an interview only for the GM to convince me that bathing won't be a good fit for me and that I'd be better as a cashier.

Interview Questions

• Do you have pets?
      Are you scared of big dogs?
      How is your availability?
      You will have to come in with water resistant pants   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Poughkeepsie, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Filled the application online about 2 weeks later I got a call to come in for an interview. Was asked about my availability that I put on my application, explained this would be a part time job to supplement my full time job. She accommodated my start time so that I could get from my full time job to them. I was then asked to come back to interview with the Senior Lead. I came in she spoke to me for 5mins just going over my availability, then she informed me that after careful consideration she felt I would be a better fit as a cashier and therefore the pay would be more. Gave me the paperwork for the urine test and said I should complete within 24 hours and told me what my salary would be. I literally felt a little confused but relieved because I thought it would be an "interview"

Interview Questions

• Do you have any pets at home or do you have experience being around pets?   1 Answer
    • Would you mind cleaning up after dogs as they can sometimes have accidents that some "pet parents" ignore?   1 Answer
    • If needed to fill in for a coworker during hours which you have said you would be available how much notice will you need?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with difficult "pet parents"?   1 Answer

Negotiation

5 minutes firm offer