PetSmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.7

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart (Merrillville, IN).

Interview

The process was short and quick to become a pet-care specialist. I was trying to apply for management position and they said they promote well in the store. I can be hired as a pet care lead and work up to management.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Olathe, KS) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for:
    1. Pet Care Associate
    2. Cashier (Part-Time)
    3. Early Morning Stocker (Part-Time)
    4. Pet Products/Stocker Associate (Part-Time)

First interview was about 30 minutes long with HR/Second Manager and a Supervisor.

Only possible way to get the job is if the Manager of the Store calls for a 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Any experience working with reptiles, birds, fish, and small mammals?

Note: Employees' are not allowed to handle venomous reptiles and they are to be kept in their containers at all times.
    • Do you have any pets?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for PetSmart?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had a conflicted in view points with a past employer or client and how it was resolved? Did both parties win or did you lose employment over the conflict, and Why?   Answer Question
    • Can you work Weekends and Overtime?   Answer Question
    • Question to PetSmart HR: What are the next steps to employment?   1 Answer
    • Are you okay with working at a Cash register?

Note: Everyone is trained to be a back-up Cashier.
    • Are willing to negotiate your desired salary or hourly pay?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to stay employed for 90 days?

Note: Training takes a week to a few days per sector. Sector - Cashier, Pet Care Associate, Additional Readings & Videos, & etc. They do not want a hire turn over rate.
      1 Answer
    • Have you handled birds before?   1 Answer

Groomer Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Addison, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Showed the store. Asked some questions. They seemed nice and even told me I would be called back for a second interview. That was a week ago. I have not heard anything else from them.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle customers interrupting you while trying to complete a task?   Answer Question

Seasonal Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

I called trying to engage conversation with the store manager. I was given the run around until I finally called during the store manager's shift, and presumably when he wasn't busy.

Interview Questions

• We work with lots of animals here at PetSmart, and we will teach you how to handle them here... however we do get some customers who are particularly mean, how will you handle rude customers?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Delhi, OH).

Interview

I was contacted by Pet Smart via phone. I had my initial interview. The next day I was called and asked to interview in person. Which I did, and that interview went well. Two days later I was called in for a second in person interview. This interview was more in depth , and went smoothly.
    The following week I was called for a fourth interview in another state.
    I went and had to wait at the front of the store while the manager who was to interview me finished his task. After 10 mins he came up introduced himself, not very personable turned and started walking away. Which I guessed was my clue to follow, so I did.
    The interview was almost like an inquisition, I had to repeatedly defend my leaving my previous job. He questioned everything as if I was lying. Which I normally dont mind, Im very upfront and honest. But this tired manager was rude and for Pet smart to allow this behavior to me is not good business.
    So after 45 mins I was released and went home feeling a bit stressed and tired mentally.
    This is the part I felt made the entire experience unacceptable.
    Not only had I taken time out for four interviews, filled out their lengthy application. After all that, this company did not call me back,or email me to let me know they found someone else for the position.
    You would expect more from a company regardless of the size.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous position   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Applied during college career fair. Contacted about a month later requesting a phone interviewer. Phone interview was completely fit based and lasted about 30 minutes. Contacted by phone a month later to say the position was no longer available.

Dog Washer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The ladies who interviewed me were nice and outgoing, acted like they were best friends since kinder. Welcomed me and were quick with questions. Overall, good i suppose. I like that they called me later to tell me the verdict even though I was declined, it was nice of them.

Interview Questions

• A customer asks you what the best Chameleon light is, what do you tell them?

Why petsmart?

Tell me about yourself.

Pet Care Specialist-Petshotel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they called me to set up and interview about a week later. I don't even remember the woman's name that interviewed me but she was terrible about it. The entire time the interview was happening she was having a conversation with another employee that had nothing to do with Petsmart. Very unprofessional, you can tell she wasn't prepared and just didn't care.

Pet Hotel Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Eden Prairie, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews with them. It seemed like a great job and the managers seemed to like me, but I never got a call about wether or not they wanted to move forward with me. They should have at least sent me an email to let me know that they weren't interested. Not very professional to just leave someone hanging/wondering like that, in my opinion.

Assortment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR and Hiring Manger. Then face to face Interview with supposed to be 4 people. When I arrived to HQ I was informed that I was only going to be interviewing with 3 people. In the the end I only interviewed with 2 people. One of those people was the hiring manager, she was very tough to read and gave no emotion.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavior questions. Tell me a time...
      Strengths and weakness, why should we hire you,