PetSmart Cashier/Pet Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PetSmart Cashier/Pet Care Interview Questions

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier/Pet Care Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart in April 2013.

Interview

I was very impressed with the hiring manager. He was very friendly, and I wasn't intimidated at all. He spoke with me on my level, and I didn't feel like he was talking down to me or scrutinizing me. It was relaxed, and he was very detailed in explaining the position and the expectations that I should expect. He got to know me, my back ground, and he asked me the questions he felt were important as far as judgement of character and my customer service skills went. I love the fact that they only hire 18 and up, and I was very impressed with the hiring process they use. I'd rather not disclose too much detail, to protect the company's confidentiality.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't a difficult or unexpected question, they were all standard interview questions that you would expect from any prospective employer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Call. A lot.

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Cashier/Pet Care Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart in December 2010.

Interview

The process was pretty quick and painless. I put in an online app. and received a call the next day, I was asked to come in for an interview the next day and was interviewed by 2 managers. They asked basic questions: Why petsmart? About my experience and schooling, basically going over my resume, and then If I had ever had a situation with an angry customer and how I dealt. They said they would give me a call the next day with an answer but it took until the following day for them to get back to me and let me know I was hired. Then I was asked to come in and get paperwork for the drug test and asked to go to the facility right then and take it and then come back with the paper they gave me. I did that and was then told they would call me when test results were in. Just received test results call and was asked to come in for my first day/filling out paper work day tommorow. Oh yeah, I also received an email from the company, a few days ago,congratulating me and giving me a little info about what was next.

Interview Questions

• When have you ever had to deal with an angry customer and what did you do about the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiating went on, I am looking for part time and a foot in the door along with training so I figured right above min. wage is what I would be looking at and that's alright with me.