PetSmart Pet Care Specialist-Petshotel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PetSmart Pet Care Specialist-Petshotel Interview Questions

1.8

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they called me to set up and interview about a week later. I don't even remember the woman's name that interviewed me but she was terrible about it. The entire time the interview was happening she was having a conversation with another employee that had nothing to do with Petsmart. Very unprofessional, you can tell she wasn't prepared and just didn't care.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

PetsHotel Pet Care Specialist Interview

Interview

I applied online and the manager called me about two days later and we scheduled an interview. I went to the interview and was basically hired, just need to submit a drug test. The interviewer was very kind and informative. I only got one interview but the manager and assistant manager were both present. It was very laid back and they didn't really ask questions. They mostly went over the information I provided on my application. This will be my first job but they were very interested in some volunteer work I did in the past.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since it was my first job I expected a low pay but offered me more than I had expected.

Pet Care Specialist-Petshotel Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart in July 2016.

Interview

Got a call a week later. Went in for interview; because of prior management was offered a Senior position. I went in and had an interview with the hotel manager, and immediately after had an interview with the assistant store manager. I was offered a position to start immediately.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a customer got upset and you neutralized the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Tysons Corner, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online on Saturday. Was contacted Monday to schedule interview for the next day. Interview was very casual and the manager was very personable. Met with the store manager for about 10 minutes and then he brought in the PetsHotel manager for a second interview. Much quicker than the first. She asked me about my availability and experience and then took me on a tour of the hotel. They hired me on the spot, and i was given the paperwork to take to LabCorp for the required drug screen. I was in and out in under 30 minutes. Most of the questions were about my past employment experience and my academic record.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

I only had one interview, it lasted about 25-30 minutes, I was offered the job on the spot. I took the drug test a few days later. He was very nice and easy to talk to, he showed me around the place and we discussed responsibilities a little bit. So, all in all a pretty easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Petsmart?
      What do you think we do here?
      Do you own any pets?
      If you were surrounded by five black labs who were all missing their ID tags, how would you identify them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

It wasn't much of an interview. The assistant manager called in a few people and just told us how the hotel works and then said she'd call us soon and I still haven't heard back. She seemed a bit unprofessional and cursed during the interview which I believe was just not the place to do that. There are certain times you just don't do that. She also talked a lot about crushing the competition and didn't ask us any questions really. If I get an offer I don't plan to take it.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Tempe, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

The person who interviewed me was very nice and wanted to make sure that you understood how challenging the job was. It's not just about hanging out with dogs all day. Make sure you let them know you understand the challenges that will come up with watching dogs and with dealing with over protective customers.

Interview Questions

• Which one or these dogs looks nervous?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2015.

Interview

Got a call for a interview first and was asked if I was sure this is what I wanted to do? I basically was downgrading from my previous career and the store manager wanted to make sure this is what I wanted to do on the phone before I did the interview. I said yes,

Interview Questions

• I was not asked ONE interview question. Shot the breeze the whole hour about my previous job and how much I made doing that, etc. I felt as though I wasn't getting the job and was being talked out of applying for that position from the beginning of the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Mesquite, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was honestly very relaxed in comparison to what I was expecting. It felt more like a conversation than anything, which I definitely enjoyed. They mainly went over my application with me, discussed my prior experience with animals, and then took me on a tour of the Hotel itself.

Interview Questions

• Do you own any pets yourself, and, if so, what species/breed?   Answer Question

PetsHotel Pet Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

I was interviewed twice and both managers asked me the same basic questions: Why do you want to work here, what is your availability, are there any animals you aren't comfortable around.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Are there any animals you are uncomfortable working with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.