PetSmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.2

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

Four different interviews with leadership in the area. Each person had their own set of questions and many of the questions were asking about the company values. It was nice to get a feel for each of their personalities and decide if this was a good fit for my work style. Everyone was very friendly and easy to talk with.

Dog Bather Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Albuquerque, NM) in September 2016.

Interview

Submitted an application online and got a call about 4 days later to ask if I could come in for an interview the next day. The interviewer was the lead dog groomer and asked about my previous experience, availability, and why I wanted the job. I was told in the interview that they were only looking for people who seriously want to do dog grooming as a long term career, so it didn't go any further than that.

Small Animal CareSpecialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The manager was welcoming and opened with some conversation. He explained the process and job available. He asked relevant questions and training expectations. Come prepared to talk about your experience with animals and be prepared to be cross trained for other positions in the store.

Pet Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Anchorage, AK) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. As soon as I completed the assessment I received a call the next day and scheduled an interview the day after. Typical interview questions. Very laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you needed to complete a task but you had costumers interrupting you.   Answer Question
    • What is a mistake you've made on the job in the past and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Seasonal Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

I called trying to engage conversation with the store manager. I was given the run around until I finally called during the store manager's shift, and presumably when he wasn't busy.

Interview Questions

• We work with lots of animals here at PetSmart, and we will teach you how to handle them here... however we do get some customers who are particularly mean, how will you handle rude customers?   1 Answer

Pet Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied with two other people and one had the most experience. During the first interview they asked us basic questions and everyone answered perfectly. They then scheduled me for a second interview and the week of they let me know I didn't receive the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you dealt with a supervisor you didn't like?
      What would you say to a customer if they wanted different items that were offered with the cage?
      What does customer service mean to you?
      Answer Question

Pet Hotel Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Eden Prairie, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews with them. It seemed like a great job and the managers seemed to like me, but I never got a call about wether or not they wanted to move forward with me. They should have at least sent me an email to let me know that they weren't interested. Not very professional to just leave someone hanging/wondering like that, in my opinion.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nesconset, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Nesconset, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Took 2 weeks. Had 3 interviews, the 3rd was with the store manager which was the weirdest because he didn't take me into the office, never got my paper work, seemed like he had some type of issue. Needless to say I never got hired cause he seemed to have an issue. This was last year (2016) let's hope this miserable guy leaves soon.

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart (Salisbury, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

They called for an interview i was schedulled for a 2nd interview then a drug test all for them to say i passed my drug test but is still in wuestion for the position... Waste of time.

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about a month later asking if i was still interested. Scheduled an interview two days later was asked to come in at 7 in the morning. The interviewer was asking several typical interview questions from his book such as tell me about yourself and have you worked with any pets before. It lasted about 20 mins and was told that I would receive a call no later then two days by a manager. During the interview I kind of bs'ed about a lot of questions and told them what they wanted to hear. I did not show up to the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you learned recently that was very difficult?
      How would you direct a customer that needed help with harness for her pet?
      Name one time you persuaded someone.
      1 Answer