PetSmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Dog Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Tulsa, OK) in August 2017.

Interview

If you apply set aside time for the application process. Some of the information may pull from your resume, but not all. Be sure to double check it. Also you will take a personality/sjt test that may take some time. Interview was easy and fun, more like a conversation than and interview. I would say this is the best interview I have been on as far as comfortability is concerned.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous training experience?   1 Answer
    • Do you like dogs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Canton, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Canton, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I met with store manager and one other manager for the first interview, then met with assistant manager for a follow up interview. After being offered the position I took a drug test and then started within the next week with the onboarding process that took a shift or two to finish.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions relative to my retail experience and knowledge of pet products/needs.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PetSmart (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

The manager at the time barely asked me job related questions. They were questions about me. Some about why I wanted this job. Then he hired me on the spot and started the next day

Support Manager Interview

Interview

I was doing demo work in the store for another company, for nearly a year. They saw my work ethics and skills and offered me a job. No interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

I completed the online application and was then called in shortly after for an interview. The manager was very laid back and friendly. He asked about my family pets and how school was going.

Interview Questions

• How many animals do you have and what experience do you have taking care of animals?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart in October 2014.

Interview

Easy-going and friendly. 2-3 manager interview process, first with the Pet Care Manager and then with the Assistant Store Leader. I was interviewed by both managers on the same day and hired.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel would be expected of you as a Pet Care Specialist?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was in three steps. A couple days after applying, I was called and asked to complete a phone interview. It went well and about a week later I got a call for an in person interview with the assistant manager. There were the standard interview questions (Tell me about yourself, why PetSmart? etc.) and more situational questions (Describe a time you did this...). It was fairly relaxed and the interviewer was really nice. About 1 and a half weeks later the store manager called for another interview. The interview had questions about in store scenarios. One week or so later I was called again and said they would like to hire me. All of the staff were really nice and helpful through the entire process.

Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Thornton, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Friendly & easy for the most part. 1st interview I had was with the assistant manager, only lasted about 5 minutes or so, and afterwards about a week went by and I hadn't heard back. So I called the store to follow up & the same woman who answered my call was the one who interviewed me. She didn't remember our interview and had lost the paperwork in the midst of getting the new store and other interview stuff together. So she had me come back for a 2nd one with the head supervisor, with whom I enjoyed being interviewed by since he was so laid back and friendly. I got hired on the spot and actually ended up with a position in pet care instead of cashier after 2nd interview and was asked to do a drug test within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any pets at home? & if so, name 3 things (besides food) you'd recommend to a customer purchasing said animal(s).   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart in August 2017.

Interview

Had two interviews. Was great and very friendly management. I fwlt very comfortable as soon as i walked through the door i usually get nervous but with petsmart i felt real comfortable which made interview 10 times better!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart in June 2015.

Interview

Everyone is very friendly. No trip up questions from most. They are looking for the skills and knowledge you bring to the company. On-site interviews are with many people. Several phone screen with HR and hiring manager are prior.

Interview Questions

• Accomplishments, proficiencies, walk thru career / resume   1 Answer

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Atlanta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with the store manager. He asked about my experience taking care of pets, my work in a team setting, and my availability to work (hours/dates/night shifts). Also met with the PetsHotel manager to discuss what the specific work duties are like as Pet Care Specialist.