PetSmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.2

Petcare Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. Although it took over three weeks for anyone to call me. There was a small phone interview when I did finally get a call. I came in three days later for the interview. that took about 30mins. Overall it wasn't terrible. I feel like the manager was almost as nervous to have me there as I was being there but once he asked me about what animals I had and am experienced with everything seemed to calm down.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a deadline to complete a difficult task.   1 Answer
    • What pets do you have?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a problem with handling any animals?   1 Answer
    • Do you realize working weekends and holidays will be a part of working here?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever been reprimanded?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Okemos, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

I was called by their manager for an interview the next day and I showed up. During the interview, we were interrupted by the store shut down due to some power maintenance and was told to show up again for another interview. I showed up again, on time while the manager was still on the last interviewee who just showed up. I waited for them to finish, and the second interviewer basically told me the same thing the last interviewer told and asked me similar questions.

Pet Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Dearborn, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview, and two in person interviews. I was told I had a really good chance, but it's been a week and I haven't heard back.

Interview Questions

• Everything was situational ex. What was a time that you had a bad customer experience?   Answer Question

Pet Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Idaho Falls, ID) in July 2017.

Interview

The manager that interviewed me was very unorganized. She couldn't find the paperwork with my info on it, so after a minute of looking for it she just grabbed a notepad. She never asked for my name, so she had no idea who I was or any record that I was even there. Barely lasted over 5 minutes, lots of random, repetitive questions.

Bather Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Clarksville, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

First, I did a phone interview, then went to the store the next day for an in person interview. I spoke with two managers separately. Both were very nice and asked some typical questions that were tweaked to fit the environment. I was offered the job in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to perform other jobs in the store when the salon is slow?   1 Answer
    • Are you prepared for being pooped/peednon and bitten?   1 Answer

Petcare Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Dallas, TX).

Interview

There are two interviews. The first went fairly easy. I had all the simple questions. The last one a little bit more stressful. Seemed tense at first. I was convinced I didnt get the job lol. Then was relief when my interviewer offered me the pisition.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that was most dificult for you and how did you fix it?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to resolve an issue without a manager   1 Answer

Dog Bather Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Houston, TX).

Interview

There were 3 interviews total, with the manger in the groomer department, department manager, and store manager. They were each about 10-15 mins. This was at the wesheimer and dunvale location. They were easy to talk to and friendly.

Pet Bather Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart in June 2017.

Interview

The whole process was pretty straight-forward. I submitted my application online and went to the store a week later to follow up, got an interview scheduled with a manager for the very next day. The first interview was very casual and laid back, very comfortable, more conversational. It only took about 20-25 minutes.

After the first interview, I was told I should hear from them within a week to schedule a second interview, but that it could be longer because of store inventory coming up. I called after a week to follow up and left a message for the store manager who was the one that would be conducting my second interview. The manager returned my call in a timely manner and was apologetic of how long it had taken due to inventory. It took about 13 days to get my second interview set up.

The second interview went much like the first, it was a very comfortable interview, the manager was very nice and the interview had more of a conversational feel to it. Lasted about 20 minutes and I got an offer immediately after.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to tell a customer no, and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were unable to help a customer yourself. What resources did you utilize to assist you?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Lafayette, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewer seemed nice and everything seemed to go well. He offered me the job and sent me for a drug screen. He suddenly became hard to reach and then after a week and a half, he told me he never hired me.

Petcare Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Woodbury, MN).

Interview

Just a casual interview in an office where they ask you why you want to work there, what are your goals, what is your availability, what are your salary expectations, etc

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer