PetSmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PetSmart Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.2

Store Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Internal hire so process was fairly simple. One interview with DL who I already knew then second with DL of another district. I was offered the position the same day as second interview. Salary negation went smoothly countered once and was given what I asked for.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions. Tell me about a time you.... very much designed to gauge your leadership style.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Austin, TX).

Interview

I went in and was taken to an office by the front of the store. I was asked about availability,and if I was planning on going to college. Then, I was asked to come in the next day for a follow up interview.

Interview Questions

• What day can you absolutely not work?   1 Answer

Pet Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Northbrook, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly quick and easy. I interviewed for a part time position. I interviewed with the general manager and a man who I believe was the district manager. They were both very friendly. It was more like a conversation than a stern interview. The district manager gave me a tour of the store and more details about the job position, what expectations would be, and general job requirements. I was then taken back to the general manager who asked me a few more questions. I was then offered the position. PetSmart does does ask employees to consent to a drug screening and background check, as well.

Interview Questions

• Why PetSmart?   1 Answer
    • If you could make a hybrid of two animals which would you choose?   1 Answer
    • Tell us a story about one time you had a difficult customer. How did you resolve the situation?   1 Answer
    • Are there any animals you're not comfortable handling/working with?   1 Answer

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

After submitting my Resume and filling out an application I got a call two days later to schedule for an interview with the PetsHotel manager which was a very short one. I have been doing volunteer work at a Wildlife center for about two years which was brought up and asked what I did there, I was than given a tour of the hotel that right after the interview. After the interview I had to come back in for a second interview with the store manager a few days later and than had to pas a drug screening. Overall it was a very simple interview and there is a pretty good chance you will be hired right on the spot if you are lucky to have both managers there during your interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any dogs? What kind?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart in April 2017.

Interview

Applied for customer engagement leader, which is basically the pet care department manager. First interview with a store manager lasted an hour and a half, discussing my experience, and what I could bring to the table, followed by some basic customer service situation questions. Second interview about a week later with another store manager from a different petsmart, this time only about 30 minutes, asking the same customer service situation questions. I was told I would need to do a third interview with the district manager, but instead was called and offered the position without the third Interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you build trust and relationships with coworkers or with customers.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle having many different tasks to complete   Answer Question

Bather Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Pensacola, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for a bathwr position and was interviews for everything except that position. I went through an intial group interview, which led to a secondary interview with my, now, immediate manager. That interview led to another 3 interviews, one with ever manager in the store; the store leader, assistant manager, customer service leader, and the salon manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to impromtu a sales pitch for my cell phone (which I had left in my car)   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a couple of weeks later to come in for an interview. I met with the general manager. It was very informal and was more like a conversation. I was essentially offered the position on the spot after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you disagreed with an authority figure and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart (Merrillville, IN).

Interview

The process was short and quick to become a pet-care specialist. I was trying to apply for management position and they said they promote well in the store. I can be hired as a pet care lead and work up to management.

Pethotel Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

It was a very comfortable and calm atmosphere. They were all very friendly, I did end you talking to 3 people in the course of 2 days, but really the second day I went in I was already accepted and there were no questions it was more showing me everything and telling me about the hourly rate of pay I would be receiving. All the higher ups were very nice and accomidating.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where you did not agree with a policy in the workplace and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Bather Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Santa Cruz, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Scheduled an interview with salon head. She had called out sick that day so I met with store manager. Were upfront about what bather was in that I would need to do a month long 40 hour a week training course to become a groomer.