PetSmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.2

Pet Hotel Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Memphis, TN).

Interview

3 step interview with the different managers great organization and pet culture if you like working with animals and being active. It's a huge company to work for and develop as an employee.

Interview Questions

• what other jobs I use to have   1 Answer

Pet Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Vancouver, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by petsmart about a week after I sent in an online application. When they called I was asked a few basic questions and scheduled an interview a few days later. This was my first job interview so I was very nervous, the manager I met with was really nice and made the whole process pretty easy. I did have to sell a product (supper embarrassing) but was told I would get better with time and practice. She said that she really liked me and offered a second interview the next day. After the second interview with the Store manager I was offered the position and was asked to take a drug test.

Assortment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR and Hiring Manger. Then face to face Interview with supposed to be 4 people. When I arrived to HQ I was informed that I was only going to be interviewing with 3 people. In the the end I only interviewed with 2 people. One of those people was the hiring manager, she was very tough to read and gave no emotion.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavior questions. Tell me a time...
      Strengths and weakness, why should we hire you,
      Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PetSmart in December 2016.

Interview

I went through multiple rounds of interviews. First round was phone interview with HR. Second was two phone interviews with two separate hiring managers. Third was a phone interview with senior director. I was then flown across the country for 2 nights to interview with 5 employees at HQ, 3 of which were HR, hiring manager, and the senior director I had already spoken to. Two others were their planning counterparts. All interviews were very standard situation, behavior, outcome questions and I had positive cues in all interactions, such as "that is a great answer" and "that's exactly what we are looking for".
    I was told I would hear in a week. Two weeks later I had heard nothing and reached out. HR informed me the team had been out of office and would check back.Three more weeks passed (holidays) and still nothing. Emailed HR again and no response. Called a week later and no response.

Summary: Company essentially ghosted a candidate they flew across the country to interview. No "yes", no "no", no updates at all. Extremely unprofessional and seemingly disorganized. I was very interested in the role and was seriously considering moving for it. I still have heard nothing from them now 2 months later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what was the most important lesson you learned in your last role?   Answer Question
    • Do you think you under communicate, over communicate, or communicate at the appropriate level.   Answer Question
    • How would you approach the first few months on the team?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time something went wrong and how your course corrected.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Quick interview, maybe 15 minutes. I got another interview afterwards. Both asked me the same questions: why I wanted to work there, greatest strength, previous experience. Then they called me back to offer me the job, got drug tested, working a couple days after that.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

The interview was very easy, I basically got hired on the spot. The interview had two parts one with the manager and one with the assistant manager. Both managers were very laid back, they asked me about my past job experience and went over the duties involved with the position I applied for.

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied online and the manager called me about two days later and we scheduled an interview. I went to the interview and was basically hired, just need to submit a drug test. The interviewer was very kind and informative. I only got one interview but the manager and assistant manager were both present. It was very laid back and they didn't really ask questions. They mostly went over the information I provided on my application. This will be my first job but they were very interested in some volunteer work I did in the past.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since it was my first job I expected a low pay but offered me more than I had expected.

Pet Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Carmel, IN).

Interview

Quick and easy. You show up. They ask you the typical entry level interview questions. They quickly jumped to availability. You need to have open availability. If not, you won't be hired. Be aware, other staff take advantage of that. If you are the type to show up a little early, the staff catches on, and will walk in the door on the minute. They won't come in the 15 minutes early to help.

Interview Questions

• Do you have open availability   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, a few weeks later got an email requesting a phone screen. About a week later got requested to do a Skype-like interview (since I am out of state) with three different upper-level team managers. Got to learn a little bit more about what the internship required. All team members were great. Thoroughly enjoyed interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart in November 2016.

Interview

Had one phone interview for 30 minutes then a Skype interview with 3 interviewers for 30 minutes each. Each person was very conversational and easy to talk to. Left about 15 minutes with each interview for me to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Why PetSmart? Where do you see yourself in 5, 10 years?   Answer Question