PetSmart Pet Bather Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Pet Bather Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart in June 2017.

Interview

The whole process was pretty straight-forward. I submitted my application online and went to the store a week later to follow up, got an interview scheduled with a manager for the very next day. The first interview was very casual and laid back, very comfortable, more conversational. It only took about 20-25 minutes.

After the first interview, I was told I should hear from them within a week to schedule a second interview, but that it could be longer because of store inventory coming up. I called after a week to follow up and left a message for the store manager who was the one that would be conducting my second interview. The manager returned my call in a timely manner and was apologetic of how long it had taken due to inventory. It took about 13 days to get my second interview set up.

The second interview went much like the first, it was a very comfortable interview, the manager was very nice and the interview had more of a conversational feel to it. Lasted about 20 minutes and I got an offer immediately after.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to tell a customer no, and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you were unable to help a customer yourself. What resources did you utilize to assist you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart (Charlottesville, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call within a week. I came in the next day for an interview (two managers) and received an offer on the spot. The interview process was relatively simple and surprisingly enjoyable; I feel like the staff I interviewed with were very personable and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a protocol or rule that was in place that you did not agree with or follow?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (San Diego, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

VERY professional--had an initial interview with the salon manager, then a second interview with the store manager, and finally, a drug test. Coming from PetCo, where the only question of value that I was asked was, "Are you over 18?" by the salon manager, I really appreciated PetSmart's interview process--it made me feel like the company takes me job as seriously as I do!

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you've had to multitask under pressure? Describe a situation when you've had an aggressive dog? Things of that nature...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Seattle, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

You apply online and receive a confirmation email. If someone likes what they see, they will call you. About a week after I applied, I received a phone call from the Assistant Manager (Operations Manager) to arrange an interview. The interview was casual and consisted mostly of self guided questions followed by a small amount of behavioral questions. I was at the end of that interview that I was a great candidate and that they would like to go ahead and schedule a second interview. The second interview was more like a deep conversation based on customer service standards with the majority of questions being behavioral interview questions. In both interviews the managers were frequently interrupted with operations necessary to the continuing function of the store. Though slightly disruptive, each disturbance was followed with an apology and a sincere thanks for my patients.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult customer experience I had ever had.(?) I was asked to walk them through it from the kickoff to the finish line.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation as rate of pay is standardized.

Pet Bather Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PetSmart in October 2011.

Interview

I had to hound the store management several times to make sure they were actually looking at my file; management told me each time they would look at the application. It took them three months to finally say they had reviewed my application and were interested in an interview.

I did not have much experience in the specific position I was being interviewed for, but during the interview process they were impressed with my willingness to work and my previous experiences and positions, which were all similarly hard labor. I was almost hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• One of their most important questions they will ask will deal with how you do with stressful situations, and this is important considering that the grooming salon is THE MOST stressful place in the store, with customers being very protective of their dogs and the dogs often being heavier and stronger than most people can handle or trying to bite you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in July 2011.

Interview

The manager asks you a bunch of questions pertaining to why you are interested in the job and your experience with animals and how you would handle certain customers and situations.

Interview Questions

• You had to answer a mock client questions about a product they picked off of the shelf.   Answer Question