PetSmart Pet Care Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PetSmart Pet Care Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Anchorage, AK) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. As soon as I completed the assessment I received a call the next day and scheduled an interview the day after. Typical interview questions. Very laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you needed to complete a task but you had costumers interrupting you.   Answer Question
  • What is a mistake you've made on the job in the past and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Vancouver, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by petsmart about a week after I sent in an online application. When they called I was asked a few basic questions and scheduled an interview a few days later. This was my first job interview so I was very nervous, the manager I met with was really nice and made the whole process pretty easy. I did have to sell a product (supper embarrassing) but was told I would get better with time and practice. She said that she really liked me and offered a second interview the next day. After the second interview with the Store manager I was offered the position and was asked to take a drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Carmel, IN).

Interview

Quick and easy. You show up. They ask you the typical entry level interview questions. They quickly jumped to availability. You need to have open availability. If not, you won't be hired. Be aware, other staff take advantage of that. If you are the type to show up a little early, the staff catches on, and will walk in the door on the minute. They won't come in the 15 minutes early to help.

Interview Questions

• Do you have open availability   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (New York, NY).

Interview

You will be asked about your job experience, what made you pick Petsmart, why did you leave your past jobs. You may be asked about your career goals or school goals.

Pet Care Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Interview process went very fast and was very relaxed. I interviewed with the manager two days after I applied and then his boss the next day. During the second interview, they showed me around the store and gave me a basic overview of what I would be doing. I was offered the job during the second interview, but could not give them an answer right away because I was waiting to hear back from other full-time positions, so they gave the position to another person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Matthews, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I went through two different interviews, one with the assistant manager and one with the store manager. They were both the typical one-on-one sit down interview. I was asked that basic questions of when is my availability and about my past experiences. I was also given a tour of the store at the end of my first interview. After the first interview, the second was scheduled for the next day.

Interview Questions

• When is a time that you convinced someone to do something?
      When was a time that you helped someone with something personal?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redding, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Redding, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview process, went to two interviews. Was very laid back, asked about my back ground with animals, which was extensive even though this was my first retail job. Very laid back, had me hopeful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Petsmart?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Tucson, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Got called in for an interview had a first interview then scheduled another interview for the next day i went in and hit it off well with the manager he made the interview really fun and i forgot that i was actually there trying to get a job. Told me that he would talk with the first person i interviewed with and see what they can do not sure what that meant that was friday its now sunday no news yet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to work on a task alone?
      why petsmart?
      tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a manager or someone with authority?
      tell me about a time you had to persuade someone to try something new?
      Answer Question
    • tell me about an experience you had as a customer in a store and what would you change about it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to learn something difficult?   Answer Question
    • Role play about an angry customer who is unhappy that you are always out of a certain item   1 Answer
    • if you see someone with a leash in an aisle how would you approach them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casselberry, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Casselberry, FL).

Interview

I got a phone call yesterday, to come in for an interview today. I waited for about 15 minutes for the hiring manager, and while I was waiting another person for an interview showed up. We were interviewed as a team, at the end of the interview the other person was asked to come back into the hiring managers office for a quick question about his application, and I was told I should hear back after my application is given to the GM. Being interviewed as a team was a bit hard for me, I was being too polite and wouldn't cut the other person off in order to speak. However some questions were aimed towards me, so I got a voice out there. The interviewer was so nice and the other interviewee seemed passionate too! Overall and okay experience, I'll post back if I end up getting a call.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Princeton, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy but it took a bit of effort . First I had to deal with that god awful online survey (I think it was used to determine personality or something like that.) Was then called 3 days later for a phone screening...after that was told to come in a few days later where I had a short interview with one manager (we just talked about my knowledge about fish , snakes , cats etc). Second interview was pretty much the same but it involved more of what I would be doing ....my pay offer etc. Overall was a pretty good process as a introduction to the work place (first job I've applied too) .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy...not much to negotiate as I was actually offered more than I thought I would be.