PetSmart Pet Care Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.0

108 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Idaho Falls, ID) in July 2017.

Interview

The manager that interviewed me was very unorganized. She couldn't find the paperwork with my info on it, so after a minute of looking for it she just grabbed a notepad. She never asked for my name, so she had no idea who I was or any record that I was even there. Barely lasted over 5 minutes, lots of random, repetitive questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Dearborn, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview, and two in person interviews. I was told I had a really good chance, but it's been a week and I haven't heard back.

Interview Questions

• Everything was situational ex. What was a time that you had a bad customer experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Northbrook, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly quick and easy. I interviewed for a part time position. I interviewed with the general manager and a man who I believe was the district manager. They were both very friendly. It was more like a conversation than a stern interview. The district manager gave me a tour of the store and more details about the job position, what expectations would be, and general job requirements. I was then taken back to the general manager who asked me a few more questions. I was then offered the position. PetSmart does does ask employees to consent to a drug screening and background check, as well.

Interview Questions

• Why PetSmart?   1 Answer
    • If you could make a hybrid of two animals which would you choose?   1 Answer
    • Tell us a story about one time you had a difficult customer. How did you resolve the situation?   1 Answer
    • Are there any animals you're not comfortable handling/working with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Anchorage, AK) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. As soon as I completed the assessment I received a call the next day and scheduled an interview the day after. Typical interview questions. Very laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you needed to complete a task but you had costumers interrupting you.   Answer Question
    • What is a mistake you've made on the job in the past and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call a week later to schedule an interview. First interview was with an assistant manager, it was a very typical interview with typical interview questions. I was also asked to look at a dog food product for 5 minutes and then pretend I was telling a customer about the product based on what I learned from it after those 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• If a customer is unsatisfied with their experience, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Richmond, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Met with assistant manager for initial interview and run down of process, followed by a second interview with store manager. Afterword I was offered the job and put through 8 hours of computer training with very little hands on training or real explanation for how to do the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you/Have you own/ed any pets before?   1 Answer

Pet Care Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart in January 2017.

Interview

They set me up with both my first and second interview with the assistant manager and store manager at the same time over the phone. The interview process was easy and I was pretty much hired on the same day. Each interview was pretty similar but on my second one with the store manager they gave me a tour of the store and talked to me a bit about the day to day operations.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Vancouver, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by petsmart about a week after I sent in an online application. When they called I was asked a few basic questions and scheduled an interview a few days later. This was my first job interview so I was very nervous, the manager I met with was really nice and made the whole process pretty easy. I did have to sell a product (supper embarrassing) but was told I would get better with time and practice. She said that she really liked me and offered a second interview the next day. After the second interview with the Store manager I was offered the position and was asked to take a drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Carmel, IN).

Interview

Quick and easy. You show up. They ask you the typical entry level interview questions. They quickly jumped to availability. You need to have open availability. If not, you won't be hired. Be aware, other staff take advantage of that. If you are the type to show up a little early, the staff catches on, and will walk in the door on the minute. They won't come in the 15 minutes early to help.

Interview Questions

• Do you have open availability   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (New York, NY).

Interview

You will be asked about your job experience, what made you pick Petsmart, why did you leave your past jobs. You may be asked about your career goals or school goals.