PetSmart Pet Care Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 9, 2017

2.0

71 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

After submitting my Resume and filling out an application I got a call two days later to schedule for an interview with the PetsHotel manager which was a very short one. I have been doing volunteer work at a Wildlife center for about two years which was brought up and asked what I did there, I was than given a tour of the hotel that right after the interview. After the interview I had to come back in for a second interview with the store manager a few days later and than had to pas a drug screening. Overall it was a very simple interview and there is a pretty good chance you will be hired right on the spot if you are lucky to have both managers there during your interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any dogs? What kind?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a couple of weeks later to come in for an interview. I met with the general manager. It was very informal and was more like a conversation. I was essentially offered the position on the spot after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you disagreed with an authority figure and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Very casual and we laughed a bunch. Two super sweet ladies in a really laid back environment. You can tell everyone here really loves animals. Everyone is so friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Downers Grove, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I filled out an application online then received a phone call from the store manager to schedule the first interview. After that, I had to pass a drug test and when those results came I received a phone call saying so and then scheduled a second interview at which I was hired on the spot and given a tour of the store. There are training videos required by PetSmart to watch during the training process and within two weeks I was doing everything for my job on my own.

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Murrieta, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was brought into the managers office and asked a series of questions by 2 different managers. I was hired on the spot.
    For what it's worth, the Store Manager quit the day after I was hired, which leads me to believe that was the reason for such poor quality of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work at PetSmart?   1 Answer

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart in October 2015.

Interview

Starts out asking about what you are comfortable with in the department you're applying to and general interview questions like why do you want to work here, where do you see yourself in five years.

Interview Questions

• What animals have you dealt with?   1 Answer

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

I applied online first, the key is to go to the store and meet the manager. To show that you really are into this job, you have to have a small talk with the manager before the real interview. In the interview, It was a short face to face interview with the assistant manager. Two days later, they will send you into the Corp Lab to get the drug test done. Then congrats! You will be on board! Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation when you were dealing with a difficult customer, and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

basically asked questions of different scenarios, why you wanna work there, can your work weekends and holidays, would you be willing to come to work at 6am, and to sell them a dog of dog food, like any other interview would go.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Here's a bag of dog food sell it to me   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Tucker, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I went in applying for a part time job in Pet care and the manager suggested that I train to become a pet groomer, which is now what I plan to do for employment. The entire process was very quick, and the store had a very friendly atmosphere, I felt very welcome, and I'm looking forward to my third and final interview later this week.

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart in July 2015.

Interview

The manager was really nice and made me feel comfortable. She mostly told me everything about the position, asked me a couple questions about my other job and my availability. She asked me if I thought I would still be interested in the position. I said yes and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If I asked your current manager, what five things would she say about you?   Answer Question