PetSmart Pet Care Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PetSmart Pet Care Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.0

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a couple of weeks later to come in for an interview. I met with the general manager. It was very informal and was more like a conversation. I was essentially offered the position on the spot after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you disagreed with an authority figure and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Very casual and we laughed a bunch. Two super sweet ladies in a really laid back environment. You can tell everyone here really loves animals. Everyone is so friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Murrieta, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was brought into the managers office and asked a series of questions by 2 different managers. I was hired on the spot.
    For what it's worth, the Store Manager quit the day after I was hired, which leads me to believe that was the reason for such poor quality of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work at PetSmart?   1 Answer

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart in October 2015.

Interview

Starts out asking about what you are comfortable with in the department you're applying to and general interview questions like why do you want to work here, where do you see yourself in five years.

Interview Questions

• What animals have you dealt with?   1 Answer

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

I applied online first, the key is to go to the store and meet the manager. To show that you really are into this job, you have to have a small talk with the manager before the real interview. In the interview, It was a short face to face interview with the assistant manager. Two days later, they will send you into the Corp Lab to get the drug test done. Then congrats! You will be on board! Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation when you were dealing with a difficult customer, and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

basically asked questions of different scenarios, why you wanna work there, can your work weekends and holidays, would you be willing to come to work at 6am, and to sell them a dog of dog food, like any other interview would go.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Here's a bag of dog food sell it to me   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Tucker, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I went in applying for a part time job in Pet care and the manager suggested that I train to become a pet groomer, which is now what I plan to do for employment. The entire process was very quick, and the store had a very friendly atmosphere, I felt very welcome, and I'm looking forward to my third and final interview later this week.

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart in July 2015.

Interview

The manager was really nice and made me feel comfortable. She mostly told me everything about the position, asked me a couple questions about my other job and my availability. She asked me if I thought I would still be interested in the position. I said yes and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If I asked your current manager, what five things would she say about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (East Hanover, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

You have one interview with the PetsHotel manager and then if you do good you go with a final interview with the Store manager. They made you feel comfortable. Dress casual. Just have a conversation.

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Two weeks after I applied, I got a call from the operations manager and scheduled an interview. When I went in, I interviewed with her and then with the store manager. A week later, they called me and asked me to come in and take the drug test. After that, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I usually shopped at PetSmart or PetCo for my animals.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation