PetSmart Pet Stylist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PetSmart Pet Stylist Interview Questions

2.0

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Lady Lake, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Lady Lake, FL).

Interview

The interview process was quite simple. I met up with the general manager and the salon manager. They asked the usual questions about myself. Am I able to sell packages, experience, schooling. Immediately was sent for drug screen. Returned the next week for a test groom and was hired that day.

Interview Questions

• Groomers make a good percent of their money by selling add on packages.
    Would it be a problem for you to sell packages to our clients for more money?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Round Rock, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

interviewed with two store managers and salon lead. everyone enthusiastic and welcoming. their expectations were listed very clearly and everyone was down to earth while their professionalism level was very evident to me. they listened attentively to my answers. they made sure i had no more questions.

Interview Questions

• mostly about my experience, level of expertise and my interest on being a part of the company.   1 Answer

Pet Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

You must first Apply online. Waited a few days to get a call from the manager for a phone interview. Then they set up an in person interview. Then I was called back for second interview with store manager. Then if they hire you, you must immediately go take a drug test. Then it takes a few days to get the results of the test and then you can start if you pass

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart (Mason, OH).

Interview

Interview went well, I was already a cashier petsmart sent me to grooming school... Overall working for petsmart wasn't horrible till the end. They went through many store managers within our new store within a few months, towards the end of my career with petsmart they had FIRED every manager and employee that had been there very long time and well over 10 years! And it was all set up to be done that way!

Interview Questions

• Is there any animal you don't enjoy working with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Madison, WI) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was very laid back and simple. I was interviewed in the manager's office by the assistant manager, however the store manager was in the office doing other things and basically joined in the interview process. I applied online and heard back from PetSmart approximately 1 month later. I had minimal grooming skills when applying so I was told that I would need to start off as a bather, but would be sent to the next grooming academy. One week after the interview I was called in to do an offsite drug test and on-boarding. I was officially hired 3 or 4 days later and started work the same week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Very informal interview with store manager. He asked questions about grooming education and experience. He reviewed PetSmart's policy regarding grooming which is safety of the animals always come first. He also set me up with a technical evaluation by the grooming manager where I groomed a dog while the salon manager monitored.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. The only questions were about how school prepared me to groom.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Nashua, NH) in August 2012.

Interview

Very simple and relaxed interview. The manager and salon manager will talk with you. Applied for a bather and eventually became a stylist. They explain the job and make sure you can handle the stress, multitasking, and teamwork. You NEED to be able to handle a stressful environment and be a patient and caring person to do this job. Most of the animals don't want to be there because they are getting a bath (what dog likes baths? very few) it is your job to be kind and relaxed for the animals sake. If you aren't the person for this job you will find out the first day that you can't handle working in a pet salon.

Anonymous Employee in Woodinville, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Woodinville, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

Filled out an on-line application, wasn't called for about a month after the fact. Was called in for an interview. Interview was pretty easy, lots of questions involving giving examples of how you would respond in certain scenarios. Had three interviews in one setting, with the store manager, operations manager and salon manager. Was called back a couple days later to come in for new hire paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2010.

Interview

Application in online-only, but call and be persistent about getting an interview. Only one interview, very informal, followed by a drug test. If you pass, you will be called to arrange your start date for associate training.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't one, but for salon associates, they are looking for people who will stay a few years in the job, not a few weeks.   Answer Question

Pet Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

Three Round Interview
    I applied online and get a call within that day and told me to see the assistant manager
    assistant manager recommended me to store manager

Store manager has the authority of hiring

Interview Questions

• Role Play-ask to sell a pet product or recommend a service
      Customer service related questions   Answer Question