PetSmart Pet Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PetSmart Pet Trainer Interview Questions

1.9

Pet Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Face to face interview. Had 2nd interview with store leader. Required to complete practice conversation demonstrationof ability to engage customers and close sale on products . Asked about long term goals both with and or beyond petsmart.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Pet Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Took about one week. Manager called me to schedule and interview. Went in for it and interviewed with general manger and one of the shift managers. Lasted about 30 minutes. Our interview took place in the training arena.

Interview Questions

• What were your past job experiences with customer service?
      Explain your experience, with small animals, dogs (large and small) and cats.
      If you were confronted with a customer having a problem with a product question you couldn't answer, what would you do?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

2 interviews with hiring and store manager. Asked a couple questions and role played some everyday scenarios. Asked some more questions and discussed policy.

Hiring is they offer you the job and pay and you can discuss pay and what you want out of the job. Then they give you the offer and you can accept and or decline.

Interview Questions

• If you were put in a situation where company policy was not being followed what procedures would you do   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a higher wage than usual and they excepted it 50 cents less which was awesome

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Easy and unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Have you had an experience that you disagreed with your employer or superior and how did you handle the situation?
      easy
      Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Port Chester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Port Chester, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with multiple managers on multiple dates for the pet trainer position. The process was long for a part time position at a retail store. I interviewed for other positions in other stores and it was always a disorganized and disjointed experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Lakewood, CO) in March 2009.

Interview

Only had one interview. Process was quik.

Pet Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Phone call for Appointment, Interview was pleasant and pretty thoughtful.
    Confusion on whether I was actually hired after discussion of salary and the company required drug testing to be done within 24hrs of being handed the drug test papers.
    A slight misunderstanding about filling out paperwork after it was confirmed I was hired, and actually working on the day I was asked to come in for paperwork, was there for 4 hours that first day. Not a problem just a bit of a communication issue.

Interview Questions

• If I could teach using only PetSmart's program of positive only techniques....   1 Answer

Pet Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart in August 2011.

Interview

After applying online I was called for an interview. Arrived 15 minutes prior and had to wait 25 minutes to be seen. Was led into a very small, hot room with two managers. One simply read random questions from papers in his hand and the other just sat there looking around. Overall I was not impressed, and had I been offered a position I would have declined it.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a customer to sell them a leash?   Answer Question