PetSmart Pet Training Instructor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PetSmart Pet Training Instructor Interview Questions

1.6

Pet Training Instructor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

After applying for about six months for any position available(I just wanted to work with animals) I got a call back. I feel that I got this call due to talking a lot with the area trainer at my previous job. After about a week of trying to get a hold of her and a specific manager I gave. Right as I gave up I got a call from the operations manager asking me if I wanted to come in for an interview. Went in two days later then the following day I went in for an interview with the store manager. Later that afternoon I got a call asking if I would be willing to do a drug test. Passed that and got hired! :D

Interview Questions

• Questions specific to dog training. At the time I knew the basics sit, stay and down. Past that I did not know much.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Always ask for higher then they offer, like a dollar or two and usually it will go through.

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Employee in Parma, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart (Parma, OH).

Interview

Very informal. I got pulled into a closet of a manager "office" and had a pretty informal conversation with the manager. They were really nice guys, but the interview didn't feel professional enough.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can accurately read canine body language in a stressful setting.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was interviewed by the store's manager and operations manager. They asked me NO questions about my background and experience. Their only concern was whether I had a reliable car so I could get to work. They had no idea who they were hiring.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was offered a very low hourly raise, the same they'd have given to an 18 year old with no experience or education.

Anonymous Employee in Chino Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Chino Hills, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

3 years ago, I applied for cashier, I called maybe a day or 2 after I applied to check the status of my application and they gave me an interview the next day, The interview process was very relaxed and the questions were pretty easy and straight forward. I got a call back for a second interview and had to "sell a product" to the store manager, that was probably the most difficult since I didn't know anything about that product. I got hired on as a cashier a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question was to "sell a prouduct" to the store manager   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2008.

Interview

There really wasn't much of an interview process, they seemed pretty desperate to fill the position at the time.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember if there was anything that difficult.   Answer Question