PetSmart Petcare Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PetSmart Petcare Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2016

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Ontario, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Did phone interview with the Manager get caught off guard. Their very first must-ask question is "why Petsmart"? And asked about safety with animals, if okay to handle reptiles, rats and most importantly your availability. Set up second in-store interview with team leader 3 days later. Second interview more like a chat mostly went through my resume. Nothing difficult basic question on customer service etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Rocklin, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Simple interview with two managers. Very nice and easy, they are both nice I know them very well. Easy questions and didn't take very long. Don't need to dress up the nicest, very very easy interview.I was really worried at first but they both made me feel like I was one of a kind and not one of the many applicants.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this pen to me?   1 Answer

Petcare Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Process took about a 3 weeks. I applied at multiple locations and was called about two weeks later. First interview consisted of asking about prior experience with animals and if I was comfortable with them. Other questions were the usual situational interview Q's such as "tell me av time when you had to communicate with other workers to accomplish a goal or finish a project". The seconds interview was with the operations manager whereas the first interview was with store manager. Second interview consisted of going over availability as well as willingness to work across departments if needed as well as to practice approaching the customers. I was offered the job that day after completion of a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible as PetSmart starts almost everybody off at mid 7-8 an hour.

Petcare Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone interview the next week. Meet up in person very relax, easy going interview. Basic questions like why i wanted to work there, my experience with animals, job experience. Very basic. Just be confident, smile, dress proper, and eager to work there. Called in for second interview like in a week or less, and got the job.

Petcare Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PetSmart in March 2011.

Interview

Applied on site and also applied in person. Was notified of interview approximately 1 month later. Went in for 2 interviews on the same day with the support manager and pet are manager. Did great, sent thank you card, and heard nothing for another month. Finally notified one more interview with store manager. Pretty informal atmosphere, was hired on the spot, and started working same day.