PetSmart Petcare Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.0

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. Although it took over three weeks for anyone to call me. There was a small phone interview when I did finally get a call. I came in three days later for the interview. that took about 30mins. Overall it wasn't terrible. I feel like the manager was almost as nervous to have me there as I was being there but once he asked me about what animals I had and am experienced with everything seemed to calm down.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a deadline to complete a difficult task.   1 Answer
  • What pets do you have?   1 Answer
  • Do you have a problem with handling any animals?   1 Answer
  • Do you realize working weekends and holidays will be a part of working here?   1 Answer
  • Have you ever been reprimanded?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Woodbury, MN).

Interview

Just a casual interview in an office where they ask you why you want to work there, what are your goals, what is your availability, what are your salary expectations, etc

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Ontario, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Did phone interview with the Manager get caught off guard. Their very first must-ask question is "why Petsmart"? And asked about safety with animals, if okay to handle reptiles, rats and most importantly your availability. Set up second in-store interview with team leader 3 days later. Second interview more like a chat mostly went through my resume. Nothing difficult basic question on customer service etc.

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Rocklin, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Simple interview with two managers. Very nice and easy, they are both nice I know them very well. Easy questions and didn't take very long. Don't need to dress up the nicest, very very easy interview.I was really worried at first but they both made me feel like I was one of a kind and not one of the many applicants.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this pen to me?   1 Answer

Petcare Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Process took about a 3 weeks. I applied at multiple locations and was called about two weeks later. First interview consisted of asking about prior experience with animals and if I was comfortable with them. Other questions were the usual situational interview Q's such as "tell me av time when you had to communicate with other workers to accomplish a goal or finish a project". The seconds interview was with the operations manager whereas the first interview was with store manager. Second interview consisted of going over availability as well as willingness to work across departments if needed as well as to practice approaching the customers. I was offered the job that day after completion of a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible as PetSmart starts almost everybody off at mid 7-8 an hour.

Petcare Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone interview the next week. Meet up in person very relax, easy going interview. Basic questions like why i wanted to work there, my experience with animals, job experience. Very basic. Just be confident, smile, dress proper, and eager to work there. Called in for second interview like in a week or less, and got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Very simple and straightforward. I met with the store manager and we talked about my previous experiences and what I was looking into as far as my future goals. We also talked about what it would be like to work at the store and what the goals and expectations were for a petcare associate

Interview Questions

• What is your experience dealing with pets and animals   1 Answer

Petcare Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart in February 2013.

Interview

Quick, fairly typical questions. Fairly laid back, very nice supervisor. I ended up being offered the job on the spot. I was able to be paid what I asked as well.

Petcare Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PetSmart in March 2011.

Interview

Applied on site and also applied in person. Was notified of interview approximately 1 month later. Went in for 2 interviews on the same day with the support manager and pet are manager. Did great, sent thank you card, and heard nothing for another month. Finally notified one more interview with store manager. Pretty informal atmosphere, was hired on the spot, and started working same day.