PetSmart Petcare Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PetSmart Petcare Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Dallas, TX).

Interview

There are two interviews. The first went fairly easy. I had all the simple questions. The last one a little bit more stressful. Seemed tense at first. I was convinced I didnt get the job lol. Then was relief when my interviewer offered me the pisition.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that was most dificult for you and how did you fix it?   1 Answer
  • Name a time you had to resolve an issue without a manager   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Petcare Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Called in less than 24 hours, quick easy interview. Overall it was a very easy process. Managers are all very friendly, dogs are even better. Been here for 5 years and I love it

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart (San Antonio, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Easy peasy if you love animals. If there is something you wont work with, this department isnt for you. You need to clean all habitats, and it is not as awesome a job as it seems, which they dont tell you the amount of expectations to the hours do not match up.

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Dearborn, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

It was quick. Majority of the time I was in the store, I was standing around waiting for the Assistant Manager to be ready. The interview itself was about 15 minutes long. She asked basic questions, & wrote down my answers.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Are there any pets you're afraid of, or don't want to handle? Do you have animals at home, & if so, which types.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Delray Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart (Delray Beach, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Extremely easy asked about my love of animals, why I wanted to work here things to the nature of my care for animals. Asked if I was scared around certain breeds. Very straight forward interview. Very relaxed. More of a conversation to get to know me

Petcare Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart in June 2013.

Interview

Asked a lot of questions about animals to test your knowledge. They were approachable when asking them your own questions.The hiring process was very easy and they hired me on the spot. Normally they told me they give two separate interviews but I only needed the one.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing about working with animals?   Answer Question

Petcare Specialist Interview

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call next morning. Interview next day. Offered job on spot. Sent for next day drug test. Was on schedule within two weeks from app date.
    Interview was relaxed & easy going. Nothing unusual or unexpected.

Interview Questions

• All questions are basic & very few position specific.. If any. I don't remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Offered more than minimum wage. Found out pay first day/.

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Waterbury, CT) in September 2011.

Interview

Just ask generic questions about customer service experience
    Usually go through three interviews, one with department manager and one with assistant store manager and/or store manager.
    Drug screen, background check, go over pay and availability. Once hired you start training immediately in the area you have been hired in

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer asked you about a product you didn't know about   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Walnut, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Walnut, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

One on one in manager's office. I was asked about school and hobbies, if I would mind standing in a room for hours alone with dogs, and other job related questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were a dog what breed would you be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Kansas City, MO) in June 2010.

Interview

Applied online to become a general core worker for the store.
    Afterwards, I walked into the store and asked the first person I saw who looked like a manager or senior staff member if they had any openings in the store.
    The individual I happened to talk to worked in pet care and stated I had an opening.
    They then reviewed my application, and had an in-person interview and afterwards, asked me to complete a drug-test before I could be hired.